Heroes (spoilers within)

CnC

Ad Oculos
It was good.... but not "great".

Overall things were wrapped up ok. There was a time there where I thought it would be impossible to see any sort of conclusion (things were moving all over the place in the story).
I was _very_ disappointed with Sylar's "death" (or.... IS HE -lame).
"Haha! I'm not the villian! YOU are!"
-its HIRO!
"YOU!!!"
"You can stop bullets, but not me!!! KIAAAAA" -STABBY!
"AAAA"

Yea we all considered Nathan's actions pretty much from the first "vision" Peter had of the future. But I think it still came about nicely. No real complaints there.

The Nikki/DL travelling band has bad acting all around, doesn't it? "Mr.Parkman! Don't DIE!" You're my HERO!"

Theres no WAY they're going to be in the 1600's for long in the next season.... they can't have that big a budget.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Giant post ahead!

Uriel said:
Anyone else think the "Iron Giant" ending was a just little predictable?

Yeah of course, but then again like Wally said, what wouldn't have been? I'm satisfied with it overall, save for the Nathan Deus Ex Machina. He came out of nowhere and while it had been relatively heavily implied he'd act at one point or another, I found it a tad abrupt. Also, sorry to remind the scenarists but Peter doesn't need Nathan to fly. He's absorbed his power the first... I guess he was too distracted or something, whatever.

Uriel said:
All in all, good stuff! The start of volume two or whatever they're calling it left me curious and slightly confused, but the potential simply rocks!

Yeah, same here, that was unexpected. Hopefully they have a solid plan and won't make it a
TMNT 3 lookalike (damn you Walter for beating me to it).

Walter said:
Of course, since it's a season-ender, people HAD TO DIE. Glad Parkman's gone. This episode really solidified the fact that he's worthless, ("Parkman, you don't stand a chance against Sylar!" *Parkman cocks gun* "We'll see!" ... 10 minutes later, *BLAM*).

Hahahaha dude I KNEW you'd jubilate when I saw him take the bullets, but actually I don't think he'll die. Sylar didn't really give any velocity to the bullets so I believe he's going to survive through some minor bullshitting, like "the bullets didn't go far in and they didn't touch any vital organs, he'll be as good as new in 2 weeks." Seriously, DL was shot in a more dramatic way and I'm pretty sure he'll just be needing a band-aid by the time season 2 starts.

Walter said:
But did Nathan really have to go? I mean, what was the point in all the buildup with him going to win the election and all, with Micah rigging the machines... all to have him go Sony X-Plod on us? I felt there was a lot more he could offer us than, oh, say, DL and Nikki/Jessica. Their stories had come to a close as far as I'm concerned.

I actually don't think Nathan's dead, or if he is it would be because Adrian Pasdar didn't sign for season 2 or something. More likely, he dropped Peter when they were high enough and just sped up away. Which by the way makes me think NYC is really going to appreciate that radioactive fall the next morning. Anyway, I was honestly happy to see DL survive. While he and Niki's story was boring early on I enjoyed the recent developments, especially Niki superpunching people around. And I'm forever thankful to DL for shutting up Linderman, I had a hard time standing his bullshit. Plus now it looks like they'll be adopting Molly or something like that. Love story with Micah anyone? Overall I liked to see them all acting together, even the final battle with each abled person trying something against Sylar.

Walter said:
And yeah, Sylar "died," but will return as a mutant freak from the sewers. Did anyone catch the flash of images we get in his eye before he "dies?" Anyway, my first reaction upon seeing Sylar's blood trail leading to the sewers was that he dragged himself there, but yeah, I suppose it could have been a new character, possibly THE STONE MONSTER, ULURU ( http://www.9thwonders.com/gallery/uluru.jpg ). This little guy made a little cameo again in one of the paintings in Isaac's apartment and MAY HAVE BEEN the one mentioned by Molly, when Bennet asked about the extent of her power. Farfetched, I know, but I could see some bullshit like this happening further down the line =).

Hahaha yeah, the sewers thing was lame. I had the same thoughts than you, either that he dragged himself there or that THE MOLEMAN/RAT KING had taken his corpse to experiment on it or whatever. I don't think it's going to be Uluru though, but I'm impressed that you know of him/it. In any case, if Sylar survived and got away it's pushing things too far in my opinion, I mean he got knocked down by Super Niki which should have broken the majority of his ribs (but obviously didn't), and then Hiro stabbed him in the chest... Also about the guy that can see her, what a way to introduce the next villain in advance... But I'm also thinking she might have been referring to Simone's dead father, that could see Peter in that dream-thing. The fact the unknown man scares her makes it more likely to be the new big villain though. I wonder if he might have not taken Sylar's brain out to take his stolen powers for himself, assuming it's the same mysterious scary man that took the body. Which reminds me that we still don't know how Sylar did it.

Walter said:
Who knew that black dude (played by SHAFT's actor, btw, Richard Roundtree) would be one of the old Heroes group? AND have had the power of ... insight? all along. I suppose Peter had unsuspectedly drawn the power out of him back when he was a nurse for him, and used it in during his passing out. Kinda... bullshit way to achieve exposition on his mom's position, but I'll bite, if only because it's SHAFT. Speaking of which, another thing I didn't appreciate was the lack of any logical wrap up of the grandmother/Linderman's plan to blow up the city. They were the true opposition in this season, and yet we didn't get one reaction from the mother on her sons betraying the plan. One simple scene showing her reaction would have sufficed, since I believe it will clearly have implications later down the line.

Yeah I think she's going to be one of the villains in season 2, taking up Linderman's role in the past one basically. Plus revealing more of that organisation as things go on. When you think about it, a lot was achieved in a short time with Bennet becoming a good guy, killing his ex-mentor, etc. The cameo from the old black guy was nice, and opens the possibility for more "out of time" talks with Peter to reveal big secrets if needed. Did anyone feel bad about Ando staying behind? I hope they'll keep him around for the next season, I thought he was a nice counterpart to Hiro's stereotyped Japanese nerd ways.

CnC said:
I was _very_ disappointed with Sylar's "death" (or.... IS HE -lame).

Concerning the part that bothers you, with Hiro, I'm relatively Ok with it. I think they should have made it happen faster though, like Hiro appears, jumps on Sylar who turns around just in time to be stabbed, and coughs a "you..." while falling down. Or it should have involved time stopping to prevent Sylar from doing anything. Let's just say that overall it lacked dynamism and a good sense of choreography, but it's just a TV series after all... The thing is that he didn't expect Hiro to have it in him to kill someone, but that wasn't counting on Nakamura-sensei's Elf Jigenryuu teachings!!!! :puck:

To sum it up I agree with CnC, it was good but not great. I found some parts clumsy but overall it delivered.

EDIT:
Ah yeah, forgot to mention this, but did you guys notice the cockroaches on the sewer hole? Reminded me of the one they kept on showing when he was in Bennet's special jail room. I wonder if there's supposed to be a meaning there.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, I thought about the cockroaches too. Reminded me of when I was bullshitting that he could learn some super protective ability from them or something :guts: Or it alludes to COCKROACH MAN.

Really though, I think it's just become Sylar's symbol. He will return AS cockroach man?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Yea I noticed the cockroaches; but I just took them to be a representation of Sylars survival ability. They might have some significance ssince Sylar has appeared to die before.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Yep, I thought about the cockroaches too. Reminded me of when I was bullshitting that he could learn some super protective ability from them or something :guts: Or it alludes to COCKROACH MAN.

Reminded me of that talk with you as well and yes, cockroach man. :troll: A mutant with the power to talk to cockroaches stole Sylar's body? He was already spying on him BACK THEN and we didn't see it coming!! :isidro:

CnC said:
Yea I noticed the cockroaches; but I just took them to be a representation of Sylars survival ability. They might have some significance ssince Sylar has appeared to die before.

Yeah, good idea actually.

LOL. I can see the whole Heroes writers' gang huddled around a computer, scribbling on their notebooks as they read your posts, saying "OMG, I can't believe we never thought of that!" and "This is grade A stuff!" :troll:

Captain Napalm said:
LOL. I can see the whole Heroes writers' gang huddled around a computer, scribbling on their notebooks as they read your posts, saying "OMG, I can't believe we never thought of that!" and "This is grade A stuff!" :troll:
They already have the stories for the next 4 seasonz.

Judo

Midlands finest
Walter said:
He will return AS cockroach man?

Mohinder already said it in episode 1:"God is a cockroach!"
So now we can stop speculating about the sinister evil plans of Mr. Muggles and start making theories about the mighty divine cockroach!

i can't stand Heroes anymore. during the hiatus i tried to watch all the episodes again but i couldn't... it was such a bore! and the last couple of episodes were very weak. i will not tune in again next season. i'm out.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Judo said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5H_MnG_iuZg

A coworker showed this to me just 2 days ago, I found it funny but a little mean at times, it's like these guys really dislike the show.

Judo

Midlands finest
yeah, like the guy who made his face a little awry to look like peter... but i found the nikki/jessica-scene very funny.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Zachary Quinto, who plays Sylar on HEROEZ, is taking over Leonard Nimoy's Spock in the 2008 Star Trek movie.

A new Star Trek movie? With new actors? Why?

For more embarassments: http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/books/07/27/comic.con.ap/index.html

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Well, they had to get someone. Vulcans are s'posed to be longer lived then humans and Nimoy can't pull that off... unless all that dieing and comeing back took its toll.

Also I heard mention that hes playing a "young Spock"spose thats obvious from the 2nd most reputable news agency EVER: aintitcool. Second only to IMDB that is. :troll:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Heroes Season 2

I'll catch it tonight on NBC.com now that they're actually showing their shows consistently online.

Also, please use the spoiler tag around things that could ruin the episode for people who haven't seen it yet :puck:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I was a little disappointed... but...

English surprised me. As did Noah/Matt/Mohinder connection to bring the down the company..

Looking forward to more, though.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
After all these months of no episodes... I've almost forgot what the characters look like.

There were a few faces I wasn't too confident about recognizing, so I'd like to double check
The burned man in Nathan's reflection... was that Peter?
The man in the shipping box.. was that Syler?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Episode 201 is finally up on NBC's website: http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/video/episodes.shtml

Ugh, their stupid flash player has already fucked me over three times in five minutes. This season is going to be FUN!

CnC

Ad Oculos
Honestly I was kinda bored until the last 15 minutes or so. But it kinda was like that the last season, too. I suppose it's likely to get much better.

Really enjoyed all the Kinkos scenes (don't think thats a spoiler)

Top Bottom