How long will Gatts survive

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ORRR Guts could be the main character, which makes him generally immune to REGULAR diseases. (seriously)

If Guts can survive the Eclipse, he can survive the measels, cholera, and yes, EVEN AIDS.

ORRR Guts could be the main character, which makes him generally immune to REGULAR diseases. (seriously)
If Guts can survive the Eclipse, he can survive the measels, cholera, and yes, EVEN AIDS.

What if Guts died of appendicitis?  ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Or maybe that snake he ate (volume 15?) will come back to taunt him with some fucked up, dormant poison.

BUT I DIGRESS....

P

paradiselost

...or maybe Slann tries to seduct him in a special way...ehehehhehehe...

8)

wunwong

NOw...To gEt mY hANds uNstUcK.....
haha. In response to the Slann Seduction theory, I would like to say that We still DON'T really know what gender is Slann!! ;) Am not sure we want to find out either)"she" could very well have been pushed to Apostleness fleeing from Homophobic Church people ;) Also, I don't really mean that Gatts can die from disease, I was thinking about the wearing out factor. Pretty much every injury, disease we face, Malnutrition(OH yes), etc wears us out just a little. They may not kill us out right, but they shorten our 'Ass-Kicking Years' by a bit at a time. I figured with all the abuse that Gatt's body have taken, malnutrition from about 50%(formative years too) of his life, and various infections and such he didn't die from, his Ass-kicking years got cut a lot....

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
IT’S FICTION!!! ;)

Let’s just say that the being branded protects Guts from all diseases, his body and soul belong to God Hand, I don’t think chicken pox are going to kill him. Consider it a super vaccination.

-Griffith

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Who said Guts was going to 'kick ass' his entire life? Even if he lost all of his limbs hed be a FINE general or leader of some small army. His attitude and character itself is enough to influence others. Look what its done for Farneeze.

P

paradiselost

...well...what to say more than...

..."I really hope that the gender of Slann it'll be the right one (for me, I mean!!!)"...!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

wunwong

NOw...To gEt mY hANds uNstUcK.....
Hahahah ;D Sorry if I seemed too caught up in the realism bit, but some parts of the series do follow a logic of the 'Real'. I just don't know how realistic is Miura going to make the 'Human' characters. Let's just agree that He won't incapacitated by some wimpy little virus, but agree to disagree on how He can stay 'Kick-Ass". On another note, I have some problem looking at Gatts as a general instead of the Berserking killer guy...it just seemed somewhat out of Character for him. As for Slann, who knows ;D

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
um... how would gatts defend himself against the spirits & demons & undead always following him around once he gets older? assuming, of course, the brand can't be removed, which i think is a pretty safe assumption... i mean, i suppose he could let his troops do the fighting for him in that situation, but i think he'd probably get real cranky as an invalid, or even as less of a fighter... no, i still think there's about a 10 year cap on the chronology of the series.

P

paradiselost

...totally agree...it seems to me impossible to see Gatts like a General...
...but it seems to me VERY possible to see Slann like a "easy-girl"...do you remember when she appeared during the "party" in the cavern? People there was ...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Well rather than surviving, I'd start the question of STARVING.
I mean, you have any idea of how much FOOD proteins carbohydrates and shit must he mince a day to effectivly brand the dragonslayer. I have my trainings and if I miss eating lunch trainig's lousy. I don't see him eating anywhere.
That's the proof!! HE's an ELF!! ;D ;D

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
...well...what to say more than...

..."I really hope that the gender of Slann it'll be the right one (for me, I mean!!!)"...!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

In the dark a warm moist hole is a warm moist hole.

P

paradiselost

...ahahhahahahaha...

...that kinda of "black holes" colud be really interesting sometime...and Slann seems to be a nice person!!!

8)

magoamoth

Please... my egg... don't do anything to it... pro
???
I think sadness and renoncement are the only ways to kill Gatts...
His body,so strong he is,he's only a human made with bones,flesh and blood...
But what caracterizes Gatts is his invincible mind...
I really think his fighting spirit could be able to ressuscite him in order to fight and kill God Hand and apostles...

Or maybe his fate is to be kill in a near future by the Ultimate Strong One?
But it is only speculation,in my mind,Gatts'future is to become one day the Ultimate Strong One...
If he's not still, it's probably because something misses him.(magic artefact? forgiving?....maybe it is that: the Strong is the guy who has not to fight,who has to forgive because none has an equivalent skill and he can't defeat weaker than he is)

P

paradiselost

...are you really sure that Gatts 'll be the Ultimate Strong One?
...listen me...I don't say he could not be that One, but maybe this is not the right end for Beruseruku...

...my point is: if Gatts should really be the Ultimate Strong One, well...maybe all the manga it's too easy...the tale could be too easy in this way in my opinion...

...of course, what is really interesting is to follow how a person (Gatts) can change in living, but...I dunnow, it seems to me too easy...

:-/

Griffith

Being the Strong One isn’t supposed to change Guts or make things easier for him (at least that’s not how I see it) it’s the same as what he’s doing right now, fighting for survival and winning.  He’d be the same as he is now, except a lot more beaten up afterwards. ;)  The whole strong one Theory (as I see it) defines Guts as what the strong one is, it’s not something he needs to power up for.  Things should get harder for Guts, not easier, but even so, he’ll survive, that’s why he’s the strong one (in my opinion).

-Griffith

P

paradiselost

...I agree with fishbomb...

;)

...I believe that just now Gutts is very different since he was at the beginning of the manga...

...he is in a kinda of evolution, and he is changing, that's for sure...

...happenings of living change people, and so it's the same for Gutts...

...to become the Ultimate Strong One, I believe he have still to work a lot, 'cause it's not as you say, in my opinion, Griffith, that he has to do something strange, or to change himself...

...he has only to "grow up", like he is doing just now...

...if you remember all the manga, you can see for sure that Gutts is growing all the time...

...and he is changing...

...maybe he'll be the Ultimate Strong One, who knows...we'll see...

...but, for the moment, it's very good for me to follow all his growing to a very special person...

;) ;) ;)

Griffith

...I agree with fishbomb...

...to become the Ultimate Strong One, I believe he have still to work a lot, 'cause it's not as you say, in my opinion, Griffith, that he has to do something strange, or to change himself...
That’s the exact opposite of what I was saying!! Fishbomb and I said the same thing! :-/  Ever since I suggested Guts could be the strong a while back on BSOM, all I’ve heard is, “Durr, but Guts don’t got no sooper powers, how si he strong?” and I always said that’s not necessarily the meaning of the Ultimate Strong One.  Now I’m being confused with my detractors, beautiful!
...he has only to "grow up", like he is doing just now...
That's what I've been saying all along, we agree. ;)

-Griffith

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Skully maybe eats beherits because of the energetic value of one. Maybe gatsu popped a few secretly. One beherit, two months without eating. ;D

Top Bottom