How long will Gatts survive

pav

"Are you lookin at me?"
I'm really kinda excited about the new alliance or band of hawk that Griffis is creating, because of the sheer fact that we must finally see something happen to Gatts. Gatts sure is the most powerful human in Berserk yet he was just winning against Zodd (in human form) and now with this new character (corkus lookalike who may even be an apostle) not to mention the arrow deflecting Griffis. Things might be just too much for our hero unless he beats both of them which would be way too cool. So I was wondering what will our hero do now make his own army or pop a beherit.Things surely are going to get more interesting. ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
For speculation on the future changes of Guts, Ill hold off on my vote until we see what happens at the Faerie place. Im takin Guts evolution one step at a time.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
So I was wondering what will our hero do now...pop a beherit.
Hey, look what happened to Skull Knight, he's an addict!!

Hmmmm, I hope all Guts gets from the Elves is a bag full o' fairy dust and a few awkward glances (glances that say, "I think he could be the Ultimate Strong One!").  Let’s just hope the “Gatts Supa’ Elf-man” theory doesn’t come true.

-Griffith

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oh lord...you actually remember that theory. Who the hell made that one up anyway?

For those of you who missed it... The Guts-super-elf-man theory was that Puck, with the power of the faeries, and Guts with the power of humanity, would combine (ala DBZ) to SUPAH GUTSU! Capable of amazing feats like being able to talk to fish, eat mad ammounts of chili with little to no gastrointestinal consequences, and alcohol does not permeate his blood.

But I digress...

Griffith

The theory isn't all I remember!

elf.jpg

Muahahahahahaa!!

-Griffith

Eclips

Guts: *puff* "Oh yea that is some gooood shiznit"
Anyone know why Gatts ears are slithly more pointy then other humans in Berserk?????
looks a bit elfish to me , lol :D

Griffith

Oh sure, go a head and laugh about the pointy ears, but that’s how the whole stupid thing got started!

pikaf.jpg

Guts Sr.?​

-Griffith

P.S. Along time ago this thread was about how Guts could survive, so I'm answering, because he's the Ultimate Strong One.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Noo... don't tell me that's how it started? Gah! Can't poor Miura have anything in the book without having it written into the grand mystic scemes of the universe?

But seriously... speculation is fun... ;D

And now that I do think about it... could... perhaps? Nah... or...?...

Asir

that facil is to die, that dificil is to be born
We encourage ourselves too much not?

already we want to see for the future a great crusade or a divine war among good and evil (such concepts do not exist in the work of Miura) be imagined an I exercise of men conducted by Gatt behaving a Behelit (in first ¿who querria to follow to Gatt? their own damned nature and an eternal one persecution of hungry devils not it dejarian to join none I exercise, because they themselves meterian in their men forto try to kill it, the best that can pass is that Gatt and Caska they go juntos to the ground natal of Pack, who knows that good things can pass ahi, already to the end surely Miura us tendra a surprise reserved for the end of the series, if is that does not leave it in continued

Fishbomb

Yeah, good and evil is certainly muddled in the Berserk world. That's why I love it. Griffith could symbolise 'good' (he's the hawk of Light, a figure of hope) but he's also one of the most unscruplous and driven men in the series. Gatts could symbolise 'good' (his association with the 'good' elves) but he's a violent sociopath who doesn't care shit about humanity.

Ah, I love that pair... *wide grin* ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gatts the Ultimate Strong One?  Are you saying Zodd's wrong in thinking Griffith is the Ultimate Strong One?

He most certainly could be. You have to understand what the Ultimate Strong One is. Its actual existence is still a mystery. Also you should remember the scene in which Zodd was contemplating who might the ultimate strong one in volume 17:

"Ive been wandering for 300 years, does that mean that the thing I search for cannot be found among humans after all? I've met a few Apostles along my way, but for some reason they dont meet the case. They can't content me."

Then he thinks of the Skull Knight.

"Does that mean that you, old rival, are the only one? And what about that man? The branded swordsman. Word has come to me that he has killed several apostles. He is probably wandering in some dark place now. Regardless, I seek only one thing"

"I seek only one thing. The strong one. The ULTIMATE STRONG ONE!'"

What is the ultimate strong one? We dont know yet, and perhaps Zodd doesnt even know, but Griffiths display of power basically bullied him into believing it was him. We dont yet knpw the meaning of the Ultimate Strong One, and so it could very well be Guts. He who struggles without aid from Idea, or apostles; seperate from causality.

The Ultimate Strone One. Beyond Idea.

Just an idea Ive been throwing around with a few select people..."we" are still developing it, and I probably shouldnt have said this outright anyways...But I could not resist!

Thats a pretty good theory about the Ultimate Strong One, Walter. Gatts is beyond Idea so he is the strong one. :eek:

F

fletch

i happen to agree with the notion that gatts could easily be the ultimate strong one. i think it very likely, in fact, that gatts will turn out to be the ultimate strong one whom zodd seeks (if, in fact, such a thing exists... miura doesn't seem to believe in absolutes such as that, as he doesn't believe in good or evil as such, but i digress into parenthetical notations too much). however, i don't think it's because he's "outside of idea." granted, he doesn't seem to be aided by apolstles or any supernatural forces of darkness, but, idea is supposed to be fate. gatts could just as easily be part of idea's plan as griffith is part of it, just somewhat more subtley. & don't forget, gatts is aided by supernatural forces of light, in the form of the puck. anyway, the point is, although i think gatts is the ultimate strong one, it's for different reasons (mostly just because he's got a big sword & kills lots of folks with it in cool, entertaining ways)

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
Moe, my friend, theorizes that CASKA is the ultimate strong one. first he speculated that judeau was, but then he remembered that he died. anyway, i'm just posting to see my icon, as i like it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
i don't think it's because he's "outside of idea." ....gatts could just as easily be part of idea's plan as griffith is part of it (mostly just because he's got a big sword & kills lots of folks with it in cool, entertaining ways)

Well, Guts is outside of Causality. He perhaps was part of Ideas plan once, but as Skull Knight said in volume 9: "You are the One who Struggles...You are very near to death, but You also know how to escape it." This infers that perhaps Guts was SUPPOSED to be killed numerous times in the past, but he is of cource "the one who struggles" and so...

Volume 13: "He is the one who struggles, that is why he was able to Survive"

Shadow_Savior

I  pray  for  your  soul     /-_-\
Well I think Gats is pretty cool the way he is right now no need for damn evolution. Look were it got us, we lost all our hair! :p

Griffith

Skull Knight tells him he is, and that he can go against it (casuality/destiny).

-Griffith

Fishbomb

But... do we trust Skull Knight, or did he jsut tell Gatts that to give him some false hope of actually being able to accomplish something?

*just spreading paranoia*

Stuntman-Jack

For Darts screach by my desires!
???
Ya know... Caska also has not been killed yet, considering she's either REALLY lucky or just strangly well protected. She might be the only one who can get close enough to Griffith to kill him, aka, maybe she is the "Ultimate Strong One"... just a thought that is probably pretty stupid.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Caska hasn't simply been lucky. Her, Guts, Puck, and her child all operate outside the law of causality, outside of Idea's influence.

She had been protected by her child from the time immediately after she gave birth, to it, untill the false occultation occured, and it was killed by Moskas.

Even recently, when the boulders rained down on her, and Griffith sheilded her, it appeared to be the will of her child.

Guts and Puck also managed to save the day a few times.

And perhaps the actions of Farnaze and co. also played a hand in saving Caska (makes me wonder if their "exposure" to Guts has broken them free of Causality, like when Jill drew near to Guts, and she saw the specters, and they tried to posses her)?

She had been protected by her child from the time immediately after she gave birth, to it, untill the false occultation occured, and it was killed by Moskas.
Uh, Mozgus didn't kill the child...it was the vessel that Griffith was reborn into, and based on what we know so far, it's still alive in some form or another, if just mentally.
Even recently, when the boulders rained down on her, and Griffith sheilded her, it appeared to be the will of her child.
Because her child *is* Griffith, remember?  At least, NOW he is...

Top Bottom