How Rich Is Miura?

This may sound like a dumb question but i have been arguing with my brother about it, how rich would Muira be?

He probably isnt as mainstream as Love hina seeing its an adult manga, yet with the job as both the artist and writer, along with royalties from young animal, dark horse and the volumes it would be safe to assume he is fairly well off, but does anyone have any accurate facts or figures on how much he is worth?

I guess no one can answer that except Muira himself, a stupid question indeed

Yet i got the answer, he will not be richer than bill gate ;)

Smith said:
I guess no one can answer that except Muira himself, a stupid question indeed
People can get an idea of how much someone who makes money in the entertainment industry is worth, actors or otherwise its not unheard of. At least its a different question from what is usually asked around here, but that aside i am not interested in peoples opinion of if its a good question or not.

Yet i got the answer, he will not be richer than bill gate ;)

I figured that much

M

medievald00d

thats like asking the meaning of life... ;D

beats the hell outta me...but the Hague knows everything Berserk, so his word is generally final...

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
I have no idea how rich Miura is, but some manga artists are very well off. It seems like the artists that are really in the money are the ones with multiple ore extremely popular titles. I remember that artists like Rumiko Takahashi and Akira Toriyama are pretty well off based reports like this:
http://www.animenation.net/news/index.php?id=4904

Sparnage said:
This may sound like a dumb question but i have been arguing with my brother about it, how rich would Muira be?

He probably isnt as mainstream as Love hina seeing its an adult manga, yet with the job as both the artist and writer, along with royalties from young animal, dark horse and the volumes it would be safe to assume he is fairly well off, but does anyone have any accurate facts or figures on how much he is worth?

I say his millionaire. His manga is in the top ten most bought manga in Japan and the manga selling well here in the U.S. selling out it's first printing. Getting some royalties (money) from the anime also which sold really well here in the U.S. and I expect it did well in Japan also thus more $$$. With the new PS2 Berserk game being made I expect it to sell more than two hundred thousand in Japan and probably also do well here in the U.S. because Berserk has gain some popularity in the US.which again = $$$. In other words his one rich mutha fucker. :D

Hrm, I'd say he earns somewhere around 80k-120k usd a year at most. Definately not a millionaire. Berserk isn't really a best seller as it is so geared towards a particular interest group.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I wish I could speak the language better, then it would give me an excuse to go on the high school grounds and do some "reporting" and ask all the hot girls if they read berserk and if they would go to a love hotel with me ;D

UrashimaSenpai said:
Hrm, I'd say he earns somewhere around 80k-120k usd a year at most. Definately not a millionaire. Berserk isn't really a best seller as it is so geared towards a particular interest group.

On Newtype magazine they have the top ten most bought DVD and manga. In june Berserk vol 25 was # 10 in most bought manga in Japan.

Sparnage said:
Berserk was 10 of all manga? are you serious? I had no idea it was that big seeing it was mostly for an adult audience.

Yes I'm serious I'm looking at the page where it has the manga top 10 sells. I was quite surprise it was that popular since it's aimed at an adult audience. The issue I'm refering to is Newtype USA November 2003. Heh I thought everybody knew here that Berserk is very popular in Japan.

Smith said:
Really? Can you give me the list of top10? I am curious to know what was the rest

#9 Angel Hear 7
#8 Ah, Megami-sama! 26
#7 Himitsu 2
#6 Peach Girl 16
#5 Bleach 8
#4 Vagabond 17
#3 Hikaru no Go 22
#2 Fruits Basket 12
#1 HUNTER x HUNTER 17

ZODDGUTS said:
#9 Angel Hear 7
#8 Ah, Megami-sama! 26
#7 Himitsu 2
#6 Peach Girl 16
#5 Bleach 8
#4 Vagabond 17
#3 Hikaru no Go 22
#2 Fruits Basket 12
#1 HUNTER x HUNTER 17

Wow....just wow. THOSE made top ten? It's very much a surprise to see Berserk there. Score one for the over seas team?

chugoku sensei

Too good!
Muira san probably doesn't make that much compared to other manga-ka. Especially people with the crazy Shonen Jump contracts. Even those guys don't make that much either. It's all about the respect, though.

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
pheonixfenix said:
beats the hell outta me...but the Hague knows everything Berserk, so his word is generally final...

He doesn't only know lot of things about berserk. To a stroll to gamefaqs.com and you may find that his name appear every now and then...

Top Bottom