How was your day?

This is a casual thread where you could post about how your day went, something eventful that you managed to do, etc.

Usual crummy day at work that got a bit interesting when I hit up a Jamaican cuisine place for lunch. I often find myself ordering more than I can eat when I visit new fast food joints, and got this appetizer with Cod fish in addition to 3 other things. The Cod fish box wasn't closed properly and most of the fish oil spilled on my trousers :puck:. Remedy - scrubbed some wet tissues on it. Then someone suggested I put powder (because of the oil stain)

IMG00060-20110315-1512.jpg

... and I used it without noticing it was Johnson's Baby powder ... so now I smell like a baby (smelly) diaper or something.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
It sounds like your pants had a rough day. :slan:

I had a nice day. Grandma cooked a fine old fashioned american roast beef dinner with lemon pie. That women knows her way around a cooking pan, that's for sure.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
My wife and I are moving to Annapolis, Maryland next week. So we've been packing. Our life is boxes.

So, this is my last week at my current job as a reporter in a rural Tennessee county. Until today, the week was going easy. All my sources were obliging my requests, given that I won't be here in another week. But today, I encountered an entertaining road block. A city official tried to block my public record request. So I got to take him to task, writing up written requests to he and his boss, citing state laws prohibiting him from blocking information from me. After hand-delivering these letters, he eventually rolled, redacting some information which I was later able to piece together from other sources.

This kind of stuff doesn't happen too often. Most people aren't stupid enough to try to block such requests, as they do it at their peril. To quote an old newspaper adage, "Never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the gallon." But when it does happen, it's genuinely exhilarating. I suppose this guy didn't expect me to play hardball back at him. He probably thought, "it's this guy's last week, what does he care about this nonsense?" What he apparently didn't know is that I'm really a pitbull when it comes to people concealing public information. When it's a good fight, I relish fighting.

I exited, saying that this was a "truly bogus end to an otherwise great working relationship." *shake hands* It's nice to be able to say things with finality like that with a smile on my face, after taking so much shit from these guys for so many years.

Examples like this remind me of why being a journalist suits my personality, but I'm unsure if I'm going to continue in this industry after we move. The job doesn't pay for shit, considering the level of work we do, and people seem to care less and less about local news, so there's very little reward for the effort involved, other than personal satisfaction, like I experienced today. We'll see...

Oburi

All praise Grail
My day was pretty decent. Woke up around 2 in the afternoon, farted around until about 5, went to my buddys place and had an epic halo match ( I won) then headed to a local restarant where we ate buffolo chicken pizza, pounded some drinks and are about to see a free comedy show.
Not bad at all.

Aphasia

Good luck with the move and potential job search Walter. It sounds like teaching in that it is very important but underpaid. That's a pretty awesome quote, too. Surely an uphill battle. :guts:

Oburi said:
My day was pretty decent. Woke up around 2 in the afternoon, farted around until about 5, went to my buddys place and had an epic halo match ( I won) then headed to a local restarant where we ate buffolo chicken pizza, pounded some drinks and are about to see a free comedy show.
Not bad at all.

Sounds like the perfect day. Grats on your win. :puck: What halo are you playing? I play a ton of Reach with my friends. It's the "go to" game when they come over. We usually play on maps we've created using the forge, pretty fun stuff.

I had a pretty great day myself. Last night just after midnight I discovered my favorite band released a CD a few months ago. So I spent the day at work listening to a new CD. Got home, it was almost 60, so I decided to try to get my motorcycle running, popped the battery back in it, some new gas, and some carb cleaner, and it started up almost instantly. So I also got my first ride of the year in. Overall, a pretty good little Tuesday. :ubik:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
I Got to drive in my car Finally! :guts:

although my dad was being a pain in the ass, he was "teaching" me how to drive, even though I've already taken my parent's car(s) out before while they were out. He wanted to tell me the rules of the road, but he didn't teach me anything I didn't already know, he was just being bossy and yelling at me at every little thing. :puck:

it was funny because he was telling me "dont be nervous" yet he was the one who was jumpy the entire time. :void:

check out my sweet-ass ride! (except my car has a shitty paint job.)
04827601_001.jpg

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I had a pretty good day yesterday. Our payroll manager had the day off so I actually got some work done and didn't have to suffer through her constant interruptions. Payroll processing starts today so it's back to being interrupted and feeling stressed. I played some Final Fantasy XIII when I got home and watched the Seattle Sounders lose 1-0 to the L.A. Galaxy in the first match of the MLS season. We just can't seem to beat those guys.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
MY day has not been going well. I was adding songs to my Ipod Touch and an update for it came up as it was syncing and I opted for the update. Left it alone, when I got back, it was just frozen, so I decided to restore it back, but now it's stuck on recovery mode and I don't know if the usb cable is bad, since it won't connect to iTunes. So I have to buy one to find out, and jailbreak it to botot it up. ONly good thing today, is going to the gym after work.

UPDATE: Got my Ipodt Touch to work again. I just did a disk cleanup, thinking the processor was just overload with crap and so it worked :ubik:

Aphasia

My cousin brought me a sweet throwing axe today for no reason. Gotta love family.

It looks like this.

05B7h.jpg

Now to go chop off some toes learning how to use it.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
The Wall.

Even if you're not a fan of Pink Floyd, if you don't go and watch this, you're missing on the best live show ever.

Aphasia

NightCrawler said:
The Wall.

Even if you're not a fan of Pink Floyd, if you don't go and watch this, you're missing on the best live show ever.

Jealousy.

I'm pretty excited because we're going camping for my dads birthday this weekend. Should be a blast. We're busy getting down all the pots and pans and tents in preparation of a good ole' time.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
In my break right now, but earlier a driver was arrested. He was carrying 1 ton of marijuana in the trailer. Sniffng dogs were brought in, and ICE agents as well. I asked one of the officers how did they know he had it. He answered saying, " The dogs at the border were agitated, but could not pinpoint the drugs, so we tailed him until the seals in the cargo could be opened". So far the most cops I have seen while at work.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
I want to share an experience... so I was sitting outside my work(Lowe's, a home improvement store) waiting for my ride and reading Destination: Void, when this creepy looking homeless dude comes up with a giant bag full of cans and starts to talk to me. I thought he was going to ask me for change or cans or something, but he started talking about God. :schierke:
I could barely hear him and didn't really have the desire to at first, but from what I heard... he was fucking batshit.
blah blah did you know God was there in the beginning? Did you know Jesus came from the womb? The beginning! Molecules are just planets, seconds are years, God was there in the beginning
Then he started speaking in tongues while looking me in the eye... then he turned away, looked inside of one of the trashcans for soda cans, and walked off with his giant bag.

turkitage

ターク
Dar Klink said:
Then he started speaking in tongues while looking me in the eye... then he turned away

dude, I think he put a curse on you. When you start to lose it and no longer like anime/manga you're more then welcome to send me all your Jojo merchs.

deamonsonfire

E2DaP Records
Its day three since I've had my heart utterly destroyed and quit my job. I'd like to think i'm doing ok, but waking up today was shitty. The snapback into reality immediately made me overly emo, so I stayed in bed till 2pm contemplating the mysteries of life and what to do with myself. Then I got up and went to the gym. Now i'm back home laying in bed, debating on if I should have meaningless sex with over forward excoworkers order to try and distract myself from the gaping wound in my soul.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Heartbeats. Today it finally hit me, after weeks of contemplation, mental preparation I didn't see this one coming. The idea alone is scary and rewarding yet, it seems not long ago I would imagine one day I would become a father. Above all achievements, titles or reflections a very natural thing as this, is by far the my biggest accomplishment. I do hope, I am man enough to face the challenges ahead... And the spamming of children's programing and music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgzuai5enq8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sorry, the feeling got the best of me :guts:.

turkitage

ターク
deamonsonfire said:
Its day three since I've had my heart utterly destroyed and quit my job. I'd like to think i'm doing ok, but waking up today was shitty. The snapback into reality immediately made me overly emo, so I stayed in bed till 2pm contemplating the mysteries of life and what to do with myself. Then I got up and went to the gym. Now i'm back home laying in bed, debating on if I should have meaningless sex with over forward excoworkers order to try and distract myself from the gaping wound in my soul.

I kinda was going to post something similar to what you had stated but I decided not to at the time. I know things get crappy like that sometimes and having no job makes it even worse mentally because you have more free time to let all the bad thoughts enter. In my experience, over the past... maybe 6 months or so (not sure) I've gotten very bored of everything I do, lost all my real life friends (wasn't many), dated some girls and got completely ignored or got into the "friend zone", and ultimately been by myself - with no one to talk too. No one to talk too or hang out with for months... is a really horrible feeling. It's also very painful to hate my job and can't wait to get home everyday.. then when I get home I'm so bored and not motivated.. I'd rather just be at work. The weekends are the worse, I try playing games, surfing the web, reading..etc.. but the whole time I'm so numb and bored of it.. I just keep doing it cause I can't think of anything else to do. Then finally the weekend is over and I've done nothing but waste time and didn't enjoy any minute of it and now I have to go to work and relive the pain again - rinse and repeat. Blah.. I'm even tearing up writing this.. sigh.. can't be helped I guess. Though, my escape to this site and community is no doubt treasured and enjoyable - it's just a different me outside the internet. (and yeah.. I know.. people all over the world are in MUCH worse situations..I know.. blah..blah).

... But like you mentioned working out helps out a great deal and also mentally. Taking vitamins seems to help me out at least. Someone mentioned taking vitamin b complex as a real good (over the counter) substitute for antidepressants that you normally have to get a prescription for. Maybe give that a try? Or at least research it. It seems to be helping me out a lot here recently and I'm feeling much better (and plan on fixing, friends, job, etc). But try to get a job as fast as you can and even fake being motivated for the interviews if you have too. That's a very important thing to do that you must do very quickly and it'll help you a lot - self-worth, money, etc. I hope things get better for you.

Nomad said:
it seems not long ago I would imagine one day I would become a father.

Congrats!! That's really cool man.

Aphasia

deamonsonfire said:

Turkitage said:
I kinda was going to post something similar to what you had stated but I decided not to at the time. I know things get crappy like that sometimes and having no job makes it even worse mentally because you have more free time to let all the bad thoughts enter. In my experience, over the past... maybe 6 months or so (not sure) I've gotten very bored of everything I do, lost all my real life friends (wasn't many), dated some girls and got completely ignored or got into the "friend zone", and ultimately been by myself - with no one to talk too. No one to talk too or hang out with for months... is a really horrible feeling. It's also very painful to hate my job and can't wait to get home everyday.. then when I get home I'm so bored and not motivated.. I'd rather just be at work. The weekends are the worse, I try playing games, surfing the web, reading..etc.. but the whole time I'm so numb and bored of it.. I just keep doing it cause I can't think of anything else to do. Then finally the weekend is over and I've done nothing but waste time and didn't enjoy any minute of it and now I have to go to work and relive the pain again - rinse and repeat. Blah.. I'm even tearing up writing this.. sigh.. can't be helped I guess. Though, my escape to this site and community is no doubt treasured and enjoyable - it's just a different me outside the internet. (and yeah.. I know.. people all over the world are in MUCH worse situations..I know.. blah..blah).

I've been in situations like this in the past. It sucks. Sorry guys. When this happens I can tell it means I need to do something drastic. Being bored and lacking purpose is no way to live your life. If things are as sad and lonely as you say, then what do you have left to lose? You might as well do something crazy to reinvent who you are. Sit down with a piece of paper and write out what matters to you and devise a plan to make it reality. Something as big as moving to a different country or as small as volunteering weekly can change your outlook on life. Also, when you help other people it gives you less time to dwell on the negative. Just speaking from personal experience, of course. You can do anything you want, really. It's cheesy, but it's true. You could go search for new species of bugs in indonesia if you wanted. Fuck them bitches, and fuck being lonely.

It sounds like you're already heading the right direction Turk. Awesome. Good to hear you're doing better. I'd love to talk more with you guys via PM. Also, some rap will do you good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V7aUT13qtM

Nomad said:
Sorry, the feeling got the best of me :guts:.

Beautiful. Major grats. :guts:

Congrats Nomad!

Today started with me re-watching Munich to stay up for the F1 race (at 3:30 AM). Watched the race, fell asleep right after and woke up at 3 PM. Did nothing much after that - cleaned, looked for a good juice-maker at Bed Bath (post yours *nudge nudge*), catch up to my recorded TV shows.

Last week was hectic and stressful. The good thing though was that on Tuesday, the firm I work with finally filed an application which is the first step to acquiring an American green card (something that'll take 8-10 years through my work visa).

Top Bottom