Huell Howser dead at 67

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
Well gosh, this is NOT amazing!

San Jose Mercury News said:
Iconic TV host Huell Howser has died, according to KCET.

Howser, who hosted several public television programs including California Gold, was 67.

He died Sunday night of natural causes, said Ayn Allen, communication manager for KCET, which produces California Gold. She said the station had few details so far, but was planning a special to celebrate his life on SoCal Connected at 5:30 p.m.

KCET will give a statement within an hour, she said.

He retired in November, amid speculation that he might be ill, but he didn't provide details at that time.

Play 'im out, Joe.

edit: Post your favorite Huell Howser clips ITT

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Johnstantine said:
Great show, but still...I have no fucking clue who Huell Howser is.
Sounds as though you'd know of him if you lived in California. For the rest of us, there's:

"Huell Howser
"Huell" redirects here. For the Breaking Bad character, see Huell (Breaking Bad)."

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Walter said:
Sounds as though you'd know of him if you lived in California. For the rest of us, there's:

"Huell Howser
"Huell" redirects here. For the Breaking Bad character, see Huell (Breaking Bad)."

With such a rare name, you'd think that would be the first person to come to mind.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
I never liked California Gold, but I'm sorry to hear that the poor guy passed away. Maybe I'll watch a few of the reruns for old times' sake. :sad:

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
Walter said:
Sounds as though you'd know of him if you lived in California.

He's gotten a lot of attention around the net in general, most notably on the Adam Carolla Podcast which iirc is still the most downloaded podcast around. He's also been the butt of many jokes on Comedy Bang Bang.

Top Bottom