influences on the story of berserk

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
i'm not talking about visual influences, such as f.E. Hellraiser, i'm talking story-related influences.

can you think of another story (book/movie), that treats the same topics (dreams/evil coming out of human/...) as berserk does, something that is similar to it in many aspects? where's miura inspiration coming from?

CnC

Ad Oculos
well hellraiser had an effect on the story too. well at least on the "key unlocking another dimension filled with evil" part of it

D

Drachenfels

He took the "lone fighter against overwhelming odds" theme and made something very special with it.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
The Lone Ranger too. Do you remember? The only survivor or a ranger's patrol massacred by outlaws that fights in the name and memory of his dead comrades. Of course Puck and Tonto are slightly different  ;D

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
I think in terms of influence in the story, I think old school Kung Fu movies r one of them because these movies are about chivery, betrayal, killing your family and then getting revenged-story-line- type which some of the elements Berserk have.

Rod_Su

I might be crazier than you think.
i'm not talking about visual influences, such as f.E. Hellraiser, i'm talking story-related influences.

can you think of another story (book/movie), that treats the same topics (dreams/evil coming out of human/...) as berserk does, something that is similar to it in many aspects? where's miura inspiration coming from?

A fairly obivious one would be Conan by Robert E. Howard.

Top Bottom