Ironman- The Movie

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
It wouldn't have been so bad, GnM, but I had to pause a perfectly good song to listen to that. As rockin' as it was, it's no DVDA =P

Griffith No More! said:

GnM has the right of it. I try avoid quotes when the context of the statement is obvious to the person whom is being referred to.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/02/28/another-full-iron-man-trailer-launches-holy-sht/

New trailer.

Looks really good. Im not sure what it is, or if anyone else feels similar, but does this seem like a totally different kind of comic book movie? I mean the cast is Grade A all around from what I can see as no matter what I think of RDJr he seems to be really pulling off Stark.. and come on, Terrance Howard as War Machine and Jeff Bridges as a villian!

What's better is this actually feels like a comic book. Not sure if anyone else has been keeping up with these rumors and small tid bits, but this seems to be the first Marvel or any other movie production of a Marvel comic that acknowledges the Marvelverse. Nick Fury is in there, so is General Thunderbolt Ross and Edward Norton as the Incredible Hulk! Hell I heard their is even mention of the Avengers! I think its just cool to see a movie that isnt totally self contained into its own little universe.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
HawaiianStallion said:
What's better is this actually feels like a comic book. Not sure if anyone else has been keeping up with these rumors and small tid bits, but this seems to be the first Marvel or any other movie production of a Marvel comic that acknowledges the Marvelverse. Nick Fury is in there, so is General Thunderbolt Ross and Edward Norton as the Incredible Hulk! Hell I heard their is even mention of the Avengers! I think its just cool to see a movie that isn't totally self contained into its own little universe.

I hadn't heard anything about including other heroes in the Marvel universe. That's pretty cool.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Wow, I didn't even hear about Norton and this new Hulk movie, talk about an upgrade. But while I see Robert Downey Jr. listed as playing Stark in The Incredible Hulk, I don't see Norton as Banner in Iron Man.

I believe they're keeping it on the DL. I heard this through aintitcool.com and they said the source is pretty reliable that Norton would at least be seen as Bruce Banner in Ironman. Its nearly a given General Ross will be in there as they said he might be coming to Stark to ask about building the Hulk Buster Iron Man armor from the comics or something along those lines. No one is really sure yet.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Batman Begins wasn't all that great, can you compare it to something better?

Let´s just say that this is currently my favorite comic book movie.

Critics also love it http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/iron_man/

CnC

Ad Oculos
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Batman Begins wasn't all that great, can you compare it to something better?

I thought the beginning was great, the end was rather standard. Most negatives I can directly pin on Katie Holmes.

As for Ironman, I hope to see it sometime in the next week or so. Can't say I'm as excited about it as I was for Batman.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
njashi9 said:
Let´s just say that this is currently my favorite comic book movie.

Critics also love it http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/iron_man/

That's good to know. I like Iron Man, and the movie seemed promising, but as always you can have a great trailer for a really mediocre movie. There are really few comic book movies that I enjoyed overall, so hopefully this one will make it to the top of the list.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
CnC said:
I thought the beginning was great, the end was rather standard. Most negatives I can directly pin on Katie Holmes.

As for Ironman, I hope to see it sometime in the next week or so. Can't say I'm as excited about it as I was for Batman.

Did they get rid of Katie Holmes' character all together or just replace katie holmes?

Ironman was my favorite supe when I was growing up. I'm seeing it some time tomorrow, so hopefully it's good.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I'm probably going to see it tonight. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, just in case it flops, but I'm still pretty excited to see it. :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Did they get rid of Katie Holmes' character all together or just replace katie holmes?

OT:
From what I understand the character is the same but Katie Holmes isn't playing her. Which I'm totally for.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
So... if you liked the trailer, you will like the movie. I was very surprised at how the energy displayed in the trailer carried through the whole movie, and even though the movie itself is very easy-going and lighthearted, the story still manages to be serious. It just feels like everything in the movie was handled right, and Robert Downy Jr. plays the perfect Tony Stark. Definitely picking this up on DVD when it is released.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I really enjoyed it, but I didn't take the villain too seriously at the end. Other than that, I thought it was great. I'll probably pick it up on Blu-ray when it comes out.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I saw it last night. People cheered to the bit after the credits.

Way I see it, we've been promised Nick Fury, Mandarin, and Avengers. That deserves applause.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Majin Tenshi said:
I saw it last night.  People cheered to the bit after the credits.

Shit, didn't stay until the end.  Oh well, I'm seeing it again sometime soon.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Rhombaad said:
Shit, didn't stay until the end. Oh well, I'm seeing it again sometime soon.
I didn't even think about there being anything after the credits. I saw it with some comic geek friends and it was easier to stay and discuss then fight the crowd.

Top Bottom