Ironman- The Movie

X

Xem

Well hey, look who showed up for Iron Man 2!

rourkex-large_1244591415_640w.jpg

That's Whiplash, the new villain for the next movie.
Also, a little somethin' else I found, same website:

iron-man-2-20090603044913978_640w.jpg

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Oburi said:
I'm so sick of super heroe movies at this point. Will it never end?

Haha, not anytime soon, that's for sure. I am looking forward to Iron Man 2, though. :void:

X

Xem

I know I'm a huge comic book nerd, but I'm psyched about these comic book movies. We finally have the technology to make them decent and relatable movies, and for the most part they've delivered. I thought the latest Incredible Hulk movie was very good. Though I have to admit X-Men 3 left a more than sour taste in my mouth, being mostly an X-Men fan growing up, I'm still excited with the direction Marvel Studios is taking with the rest of the universe. Spider-man 3, also, was a let down, but once again I grew up reading Spider-man and it's exciting to see him in the theater.

Also, it's freakin Mickey Rourke! Knowing his past, the director/writers took a pretty big risk casting him as one of the main characters for the next Iron Man movie. It all seems pretty fuckin' cool to me. If you're old enough to remember the old live-action renditions of these characters you know what I mean.

Based on Ultimate Iron Man, um? I'm underwhelmed. Good thing the Mandarin's also in there.

Is it really that surprising? We already have Ultimate Nick Fury intertwined with the first Iron Man, which was intertwined with The Incredible Hulk. Which honestly, is something of a dream for current American comic book fans.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
I know I'm a huge comic book nerd, but I'm psyched about these comic book movies. We finally have the technology to make them decent and relatable movies, and for the most part they've delivered. I thought the latest Incredible Hulk movie was very good. Though I have to admit X-Men 3 left a more than sour taste in my mouth, being mostly an X-Men fan growing up, I'm still excited with the direction Marvel Studios is taking with the rest of the universe. Spider-man 3, also, was a let down, but once again I grew up reading Spider-man and it's exciting to see him in the theater.

I also liked the new Hulk for the most part. I wish they'd have gone for another bad guy though. Same with the first Iron Man movie. Both were good, but I felt that both could have been better with a more charismatic villain (and I don't mean the actors were bad, I'm talking about the characters themselves). As for X-men and Spiderman, in both cases I didn't like the trilogies much.

Deci said:
Also, it's freakin Mickey Rourke! Knowing his past, the director/writers took a pretty big risk casting him as one of the main characters for the next Iron Man movie. It all seems pretty fuckin' cool to me. If you're old enough to remember the old live-action renditions of these characters you know what I mean.

Knowing his past? He's a pretty good actor, and he's coming back pretty big these days.

Deci said:
Is it really that surprising? We already have Ultimate Nick Fury intertwined with the first Iron Man, which was intertwined with The Incredible Hulk. Which honestly, is something of a dream for current American comic book fans.

Well Ultimate Nick Fury made sense but it doesn't mean everything has to be the Ultimate version. But you make a good point. I'm still really glad it's not just Whiplash in Iron Man 2 though.

Top Bottom