Well?

• Have a very merry Christmas!

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • Forgive me, I'm Jewish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate the holidays

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
Only this week remaining then the company is closed for 2 weeks yay!
I'm looking forward to the presents >_>;

(pssst, ...some birdy told me I was getting a Asus 7600GT...^_^)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Happy Holidays everyone! I'm really hoping for a Zune, as my iPod battery ran out recently and it will cost $223 to send it in for a new one <---- re-fucking-diculous, so I figured I'd just get a new music player entirely (and this one can play FM radio, which is sweet because I'm a major radio junkie). That and a couple of DVDs should tide me over until my birthday. :beast:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Let us know what you think of the Zune, Rhombaad. Its not exactly buzzing with positive press.

Christmas kind of loses its luster once you can afford to buy your own presents any time of the year; so I can't say I brim with anticipation at this time of year anymore. But the time off work (well, non-freelance work anyway) will be nice.

I gave a list of 7 dvds, one book and one game (Twilight Princess) to my family and girlfriend.
I told them to stick to the list and not to wander off and try to "surprise" :schierke: me with anything.
I guess it could take all the fun out of it, but so does getting something you have absolutely no desire or use for.

Cross your fingers, everybody! :guts:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Christmas is a gigantic pain in the ass! I hope I'm able to avoid a car accident this year while rushing to get last minute gifts. And who buys presents at stores anymore? I need to get with the times and let the computer do all the work for me! I really don't ask for anything besides money, rather boring but I need to pay those bills. I wish everyone a happy holiday and I hope you get and give that special something.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
This year I'm not hoping for much besides a dinky Star Trek T-shirt (Picard Riker '08 anyone? :badbone: ) and maybe the Diablo 2 expansion pack, now that Vlad has convinced me of its sparkly wonder!

As for gifts for others, I'll probably be doing gift cards or something. I know for sure that I'll end up painting mugs for my folks.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
CnC said:
careful you don't get burnt by being an early adopter on that one...  :schierke:
Oho, so I take it you're not a fan. It doesn't really matter anyway, it's pretty darn cheap by now so I'd might as well try it. :]

Grail

Feel the funk blast
CnC said:
Oh no.  I'm a fan.     ...or at least while I was still playing it like 5 YEARS AGO!
It's never too late to play a classic, man. :casca: Especially when it's filled with flesh-gobbling goatmen.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
And who buys presents at stores anymore?

Indeed. God Bless Amazon. :void:

Among other things I'm getting a Wii with Twilight Princess for Christmas. Only since it's out of stock over here I'll probably have to wait till January for it. No big deal though, I can wait.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I've already had my Christmas :guts: . Me and my girlfriend opened our presents early since we'll be out of town during the actual holiday. I got a DS with NSMB and Brain Age, and it's been sucking my morning before work hours away, in the best way.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Grail said:
It's never too late to play a classic, man. :casca: Especially when it's filled with flesh-gobbling goatmen.

True enough.

And yea, christmas came early for me this year when I got myself a new TV. That should tide me over for a few months of entertainment. :)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
CnC said:
Christmas kind of loses its luster once you can afford to buy your own presents any time of the year; so I can't say I brim with anticipation at this time of year anymore.

I feel exactly the same way nowadays. Oh well, I've never been one to turn down free stuff.

I just hate holidays.. not completely but I don't like it. I'm working in a hotel as a waiter.. so I'll be working every single day and on the 31st too.. happy new year.. It's been 6 years now that I'm working there.. as a student. I'm still looking for a real job, been 3 months now that I graduated from business admin... So I won't see my friends during holidays, won't go out.. same shit every years.

Slightly Green said:
I gave a list of 7 dvds, one book and one game (Twilight Princess) to my family and girlfriend.
I told them to stick to the list and not to wander off and try to "surprise" :schierke: me with anything.
I guess it could take all the fun out of it, but so does getting something you have absolutely no desire or use for.

Amen, Green. Santa has figured I would much rather know what I'm getting for Christmas than to receive bland surprises.

This year I am receiving a few school textbooks, Eiji Yoshikawa's Musashi and Taiko, and a passport for my trip to Japan and Singapore in January.
Oh and a paid trip to the Physio to fix my fucked back. Good ol Santa knows just what I need. ;D

Oh and on the subject;
http://www.fat-pie.com/christmas.htm

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
I enjoy christmas... I just hope none of my friends expect anything from me, Im trying to save up for an apartment. With any luck I'll be getting a Wii from my parents, but I doubt it. Should at least get some DS games though.

As a side note... why the hell is it raining outside instead of snowing? Screw this weather.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
CnC said:
Christmas kind of loses its luster once you can afford to buy your own presents any time of the year; so I can't say I brim with anticipation at this time of year anymore.  But the time off work (well, non-freelance work anyway) will be nice.

Concured. But I do enjoy getting gifts for people for some reason. I think it's that warm fuzzy feeling I get.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Today I got a Darth Vader Transformer (which changes into Vader's TIE Fighter), a Barnes and Noble gift card for $25, some candy and an EASY button from Staples from my co-workers.

Question: Darth Vader Transformer vs. Optimus Prime...who would be victorious? :chomp:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Concured. But I do enjoy getting gifts for people for some reason. I think it's that warm fuzzy feeling I get.

I feel the same way, though I do need to pay a lot of bills so I could use the things I'm getting.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Merry Christmas and all that shit. I'd like to draw a christmas present for SK.net, but it may be a bit late I'm afraid. Fuck college for letting me out two days before Christmas.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! Mine was pretty crappy, but it was nice seeing (some) of my distant family again.

I would love to get a Wii, but I can never seem to locate any. All the stores are sold out, and the places I look online are always sold out as well. Guess I'll just have to wait. :)

Top Bottom