Is this site ever going to be updated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PsychoJavexx

I was just wondering if this site is ever going to be updated, other than the messageboards? I'm not trying to sound rude or anything when I ask.

I liked that Berserk world deal that Walter came up with (the characters, places, etc.), and I'd like to see "true" translations that are easier to get to, and not just links to other sites (I say true because everytime someone quotes anything, Olivier says "bad translation" which tells me that almost everything out there is a bad translation). I wouldn't mind seeing Saiya's scans put up permanently (sp?) either, but that might be asking too much, since everyone around here hates scans.

I just thought I'd say something about all this. I still like this place and I want to know if anyone else thinks this way?

You have to be patient... It is afterall Walter work and we have no authority to set him a date line... we just have to wait

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
PsychoJavexx said:
I was just wondering if this site is ever going to be updated, other than the messageboards? I'm not trying to sound rude or anything when I ask.

I liked that Berserk world deal that Walter came up with (the characters, places, etc.),
I've been very busy in the real world but if you're dying for new content, you could always help with writing it yourself. Your dillema is the exact scenario I was in back on BSOM over 4 years ago. Not enough new content, so I started my own.

and I'd like to see "true" translations that are easier to get to, and not just links to other sites (I say true because everytime someone quotes anything, Olivier says "bad translation" which tells me that almost everything out there is a bad translation).
There's already one:
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?board=11;action=display;threadid=1770

It just hasn't been updated in a while. It's still a good start, and very useful though.

I wouldn't mind seeing Saiya's scans put up permanently (sp?) either, but that might be asking too much, since everyone around here hates scans.
We just hate whole volumes being scanned and distributed. That's outright plundering. Individual episode scanning is watered down, white-collar piracy.

P

PsychoJavexx

Walter said:
I've been very busy in the real world but if you're dying for new content, you could always help with writing it yourself. Your dillema is the exact scenario I was in back on BSOM over 4 years ago. Not enough new content, so I started my own.

Let's say I'd want to redesign your TRANS page, and get permission from the translators here to put their trans. into html. Are you giving me permission to try it?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
PsychoJavexx said:
Let's say I'd want to redesign your TRANS page, and get permission from the translators here to put their trans. into html. Are you giving me permission to try it?
Go for it. If you're considering adding volume 26-27 content, as long as you stay with the current design in the Trans/manga section, I can pretty much guarantee it will make it to the page.

Thanks for the time and consideration. Wish we had more forward-thinking members.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Gee, I'm amazed he has the time to do it. ;D

-Griffith

P.S. Peace, peace.

P

PsychoJavexx

Well, I really don't have too much time. I have to work and pay for my car and all, and I just got 9 brand new staples in the back of my head. But here's my idea, thing..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't think it's too big of a change, and the html for it is really simple to look at and a lot easier to mess with. I think it's a lot easier to read too. Just ignore that banner up top though.

I really want to know how you got the links to go anti-underlined and light up gray when you hover them though. And I put a background image up to it to see what it looks like...

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~ahong/Berserk/Wallpaper/Guts-Femto.jpg (AdamH411's)

and I like this a lot. I think having the Berserk logo in the background would work good too. I didn't use his pic though because I don't exactly have permission to use it.

If you want to use it, I'll gladly add some navigation links at the bottom of the page and finish it all up. The links don't work right now, I just threw this together last night. Anyway, let me know what you think. If not, I'll just send you Vol.26 to your current setup sometime this weekend.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty happy with my design. What about new content? I thought you wanted updates, not aesthetic changes?

nir085

Horse and Armor
Speaking of changes, shouldn't the Volume 26 forum be merged with the Assorted Translations forum while replacing it with a Volume 28 forum? Or is that only going to happen when the actual Volume 27 is released?

Griffith

nir085 said:
Speaking of changes, shouldn't the Volume 26 forum be merged with the Assorted Translations forum while replacing it with a Volume 28 forum? Or is that only going to happen when the actual Volume 27 is released?

Taken care of. If chapters in the volumes aren't as predicted, corrections will be made accordingly to the board listings.

-Griffith

Quick question. How do we know that the latest chapter won't be in vol 27? Some volumes have 11 chapters while others have 10. I mean seeing skull knight on the cliff is a fitting end for the volume. But knowing that Caska can be cured is also a fitting ending. I'm just curious if there's a way to tell when a chapter ends a volume.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Of course there's no way we can tell... but there are trends in the number of chapters per volume. We assume, but its not really fatal if we're mistaken in the end, is it?

Griffith

Yeah, and it's not like they alternate between 10 and 11 chapters. The 10 chapters thing started after volume 21, and has stayed consistant since.

-Griffith

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
Hey Walt,

You can just cut and paste the source from this snippet into the bottom your trans page. You'll have to put the pictures in the right places of course but I referenced the same directory structure so....

Volume 26 Table

I can do 27 like this too if you guys want...
Since the board based translations are organized now and usually the most up to date I think that works best for the links.

Griffith

Smith said:
I'm sorry for interrupting... but it is vol 22 :)

Apology not accepted, since I said AFTER volume 21, which means volume 22 and on. Learn to read.

Anyone else want to try and correct me and look like a dumbass? Jesus.

krunkster said:
Volume 26 Table

I can do 27 like this too if you guys want...
Since the board based translations are organized now and usually the most up to date I think that works best for the links.

Look, a useful person, everyone take notes!

-Griffith

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks to Asmer for htmlizing the volume 26-7 chapter translations!

Finished up the work he started and made a spiffy new "Volume X" image. Check it all out here:

http://skullknight.net/manga/

PS: See how much things can change with just a few productive sentiments and forward thinking members?

Walter said:
Finished up the work he started and made a spiffy new "Volume X" image. Check it all out here:

LOL!!!!!!

No wait... maybe this is the real volume cover for 27 :p

But Walts didnt you know the release date for vol26?

P.S The translation of vol 27 is a bit strange... Demon city, Demon emperor, Demon soldier, Demon knight, Demon God...

Griffith

Smith said:
P.S The translation of vol 27 is a bit strange... Demon city, Demon emperor, Demon soldier, Demon knight, Demon God...

Actually, nobody translated the title for 231 (in the usual places), so "Demon Emperor" is just an assumption until Olivier or another translator shines his light of truth on the matter. If it is "Demon Emperor" or "Emperor of Terror", I get a cookie.

-Griffith

Griffith said:
Actually, nobody translated the title for 231 (in the usual places), so "Demon Emperor" is just an assumption until Olivier or another translator shines his light of truth on the matter. If it is "Demon Emperor" or "Emperor of Terror", I get a cookie.

-Griffith

On this page I asked if someone knew the title of this episode, and Mizar answered me that it was "The Emperor of Terror" :

16th & 17th posts ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom