Isidro's dagger

Well, I think that's obvious that some years will pass ( in the manga) until guts and co return to midland, so the other day I was thinking that perhaps isidro's fire dagger may grow as the owner do, and becoming a full sword some day.
What do you think, otherwise it will be a bit ridiculous to fight apostle with such a tiny weapon.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think it'll grow, no. It's just an object, not a living being, and for all we know it's been around for ages. Anyway, the small size of the blade doesn't matter much compared to the effects it causes, and it's also not meant to be Isidro's only weapon.

I don't think it'll pose a problem.

Dirty Dog

Isidro also has a sword (which he is too small to use), a smaller sword that he was given by the old man after the group took care of the trolls, the fire dagger, and also he has many things to throw (rocks and those berry things, since i think he used all of the bombs that Rickert gave to Guts) - which is, after all, his talent.

Aside from that, Isidro likely won't be fighting apostles anytime soon. If anything, he'll only try to distract them/hold them while he waits for Serpico or Guts.

Dirty Dog said:
Isidro also has a sword (which he is too small to use), a smaller sword that he was given by the old man after the group took care of the trolls, the fire dagger, and also he has many things to throw (rocks and those berry things, since i think he used all of the bombs that Rickert gave to Guts) - which is, after all, his talent.

Aside from that, Isidro likely won't be fighting apostles anytime soon. If anything, he'll only try to distract them/hold them while he waits for Serpico or Guts.

I think that the sword you are referring, is most like a dagger, and he uses both this and the fire one. When he is at Vitrannis he only uses the normal one to not raise suspicious.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
pjboom said:
I think that the sword you are referring, is most like a dagger, and he uses both this and the fire one. When he is at Vitrannis he only uses the normal one to not raise suspicious.

No, it's indeed a sword. It's a short sword of a type called badelaire, affiliated to scimitars.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
I'm pretty sure Isidoro's fire-dagger won't grow as it develops, but maybe he will learn to control the fire spirits (can't remember what they are called) well enough to make the blade grow on command, though it doesn't make much of a difference in my opinion. Oh and I'm pretty sure that the sword that the old man gave to him was a badelaire. When I first saw it I noticed that it was curved like a scimitar, and the great thing about those swords is that they are light and fast. The whole problem with dual-wielding a long sword and a dagger for Ishidoro was balance, a light scimitar-like sword is perfect for him.

Top Bottom