JoJo's Bizarre Adventure new Anime and PS3 Fighting Game Announced

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-05/jojo-bizarre-adventure-gets-tv-anime-in-october-and-game
A television anime adaptation of Hirohiko Araki's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure manga has been green-lit for an October premiere. The announcement was made during the Thursday press conference for the upcoming "Hirohiko Araki Jojo Exhibition." A PlayStation 3 game called JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle was also announced:

I know I'm mostly the only huge JoJo fan here, but I'm as excited for this as I was for the Berserk anime announcement, with the same amount of wariness. BUT A FIGHTING GAME BY THE GUYS WHO DID THOSE ACTUALLY GOOD NARUTO CEL SHADED FIGHTING GAMES? THAT I can be excited as fuck for. :ubik:

This's awesome news and I hope they start from the very beginning because it's essential. Eluvei introduced me to the series and I love the manga. He does too, so you're not alone, Klink ^_^.

Dar_Klink

Glad to see some others are excited for this! :isidro:
I got Eluvei to read it and he got you to read Incantation, so I feel proud. :troll:
Breed1Ghost said:
I love jojo also I thought I was the only one. Found out today that the capcom jojo's fighter is getting an hd remix! with online.
Yeah! I heard rumors of that for a while now and saw the official news today. Too bad it's going to be 20 bucks. Capcom just can't help but want every penny they can squeeze out of us...

Dar Klink said:
Glad to see some others are excited for this! :isidro:
I got Eluvei to read it and he got you to read Incantation, so I feel proud. :troll:Yeah! I heard rumors of that for a while now and saw the official news today. Too bad it's going to be 20 bucks. Capcom just can't help but want every penny they can squeeze out of us...

Agreed and since they of course know about the new anime and game what ever hype is surrounding it i guess they figure its the best time to do this.

Gordy

I'm a llama!
:isidro: This is a fantastic news! I love JoJo and I hope the anime starts from the beginning! I hated the old OVA but now I'm confident for a good product!

Dar_Klink

IncantatioN said:
Ooooo, spiffy! What's your favorite arc?
I love part 4 despite the wonky translation we have(well maybe that translation kinda helps it). I just love the characters and the laid back slice of life feeling to it and Kira is my favorite villain. Josuke is my second favorite protagonist after Joseph.

EDIT: New info

>Jojo TV starts in October and will air on MBS, CBC, Tokyo MX, and various other networks.

>Cast:
>Jonathan: Kazuyuki Okitsu
>Dio: Takehito Koyasu
>Zeppelin: Yoku Shioya
>Speedwagon: Youji Ueda
>Erina: Ayako Kawasumi

>Staff:
>Director: Naokatsu Tsuda
>Series Director: Kenichi Suzuki
>Visual Director: Yasufumi Soejima
>Series Composition: Yasuko Kobayashi
>Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Takako Shimizu
>Music: Hayato Matsuo
>Animation Production: David Production

Source: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4307738&postcount=84

Time to be cautiously optimistic, it's not like a staff of mostly no-namers with not much under their belt being produced by Warner Brothers already fucked up the adaptation of one of my favorite manga. Right guys? :judo:

What do you guys think so far of the series? I'm up to episode 10 where they introduce Joseph Joestar and the episode ends with a meeting with Straitz. I enjoyed season 1 a lot, will pick it up on BR when it comes out next month. I hope it has an option for subs.

I really enjoy the series. It is definitely not your average shounen anime. It`s a breath of fresh air - I love the overly dramatic narrator and the dialog ,the animation is also great - with beautifully drawn characters and backgrounds. There are times when the picture freezes and we follow the inner thoughts or reflections of a character , drawn with a totally different colour palette. I really like the macho vibe from the main protagonists in each arc - Jonathan,Joseph,Jotaro etc.
The whole anime reminds me a bit of Hokuto no Ken.The story is really good and it`s a joy to watch.
Can't wait for episode 13 to come out. :ubik:

Dar_Klink

IncantatioN said:
What do you guys think so far of the series? I'm up to episode 10 where they introduce Joseph Joestar and the episode ends with a meeting with Straitz. I enjoyed season 1 a lot, will pick it up on BR when it comes out next month. I hope it has an option for subs.

I'm really enjoying it! The only complaint I have at all is that the budget is obviously low so the animation isn't usually so good. They make up for it with good direction, following the manga's panels pretty well, and the coloring. It seems that it's a really fun ride for both JoJo fans and newcomers.
enjoy said:
Can't wait for episode 13 to come out. :ubik:
You should check out the manga too if you get a chance, they leave little things here and there out and they probably won't get to animating the later parts for quite a while. Part 3 has an English licensed release, but the rest sadly doesn't, lemme know if you need help finding it.

Oh, and the game just looks like pure greateness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HbdgjePSY0o

I've also been playing the old game on my PS3, the HD port really wasn't worth 20 bucks, but it's such a good fighting game I couldn't resist.

Dar Klink said:
I'm really enjoying it! The only complaint I have at all is that the budget is obviously low so the animation isn't usually so good. They make up for it with good direction, following the manga's panels pretty well, and the coloring. It seems that it's a really fun ride for both JoJo fans and newcomers.You should check out the manga too if you get a chance, they leave little things here and there out and they probably won't get to animating the later parts for quite a while. Part 3 has an English licensed release, but the rest sadly doesn't, lemme know if you need help finding it.

Ohhh I had no clue about budgetary constraints and it doesn't give you the impression of it because everything is pretty JoJo~esque - loud, colorful and I'm glad they kept those cool stances or poses.

Top Bottom