Kentarou Miura has passed away

Damn that hurts. :judo: I literally gasped when I read the horrible news. I found Berserk when I was at the lowest point in my life and it kept me alive. I told myself that I couldn't die yet because I needed to know how the story develops.
The art is a masterpiece, the writing is amazing and influenced my own writing.

There is so much Miura did for me. All I can say is thank you and may you rest in peace, Kentaro Miura.

Last edited:
Rest in peace, Miura. What a saddening loss. Wishing the best to his family in these trying times.
Personally, I'll keep re-reading and recommending Miura's epic (and all his other works), no matter its ending state. Not only do I always learn or notice something new each time, it just recharges my soul, and it helped me in my own dark times many years ago (common story among Berserk fans, I know).
My sentiments.

Thought I'd check in on SK before going to sleep. And instead I hear about these awful news. It's been a few hours now and this wonderful man has been on my mind every second since. I was at a loss for words. I still am, somewhat, but I'll try add my own humble tribute to this person we all admired.

To me, Kentaro Miura was more than just an author I was a fan of. As an aspiring storyteller myself, I saw Miura as a role-model, a master, a sensei. I would confidently declare him to those around me as our greatest living author. His name was the first that came to mind whenever I thought about the truly great people of our times. I know the word "genius" is thrown around casually these days, but Miura was one of the people who genuinely deserved that description. He was something truly special, a talent we won't see the like of for a very long time, if ever.

I went through a Berserk "fever" back in 2015, when I started reading it. I loved every panel of every episode. Berserk had impacted my own writing in ways few other works had. I'd carry a volume with me in my backpack as I went to work, to peruse or reread. And I'd enjoy it all over again. It just never got old. Few other works or authors have impacted me to profoundly.

I can't believe I'm writing these words but...rest in peace Kentaro Miura. I wish I could have met you and shaken your hand. But I'm a believer in the afterlife, and if I'm fortunate enough to meet you there, I will ask for that honor. And perhaps you'll tell me how it all ends.

Thank you for everything, Miura-sensei.

Shocking news. It’s hard to express how big a loss this is. I don’t know what to say except Rest In Peace Miura and thank you for all that you gave to me and the world. :sad:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
I have been in shock since reading the news a few hours ago and chatting it up with a few other forum members in the chat. He was and always will be an amazing storyteller and artist and you can tell how much he affected and influenced the world of fantasy and horror comics, games, movies, etc just from the outpouring of tributes from people across the globe ranging from fan artists to old-school creators, contemporaries to newbies. He was much too young.

Even in Final Fantasy XIV a vigil was put together on the fly in one of the main citystates, everybody got on the Dark Knight(2h greatsword) class and took out campfire minions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCX2gfJoVmo

Thanks Miura for the amazing works you left behind that I'll be revisiting probably the rest of my life.

Words can't even describe how I feel about this news.

Just wanted to pop back in to echo the sentiments of everyone else when I heard this news. He is the master, the legend. I feel like I've been following Berserk for most of my life at this point and feel incredibly thankful to Mr. Miura for that. I've never experienced a better work in my life, or for this long and doubt I will ever again. I know this is an incredibly sad event for us all but I'm happy to have experienced it in the first place.

Stay strong everyone.

Here's a beautiful eulogy from George Morikawa:

E1z2XFpVcAA75aX

E1zjAQEVUAo-FoT

May the best of the best rest easy. He deserves peace.
Feels so unreal that this happened almost 2 weeks ago without anyone knowing. At least his family had time to grieve before this went public.
Man, I just want him back. Such a rare health issue, at such a young age. What saddens me the most is that I don't believe he knew just how many people appreciated him, and just how much.
I never knew you, It's been hours, and I already miss you man. Fuck.

Top Bottom