Kentarou Miura has passed away

I am angered as much as I am saddened. To see Miuras journey end the way it did is simply unfair and unexpected.

Over 30 years of dedication to his life work, and a legendary creation as a result that will forever be remembered.

I especially feel for his close mangaka friends. This post by Mori is what truly got me when I was initially still struggling to process the news

https://twitter.com/muhoutou/status/1395247564048375809?s=19

CheAkiwara

大天使 ~ ボイド
It really is a terrible day for rain...

I woke up to a text message of a friend telling me about Miura. I can't even put into words how much I will miss Berserk in my life, this series has been in my life since 2013 and I hoped it would stay with me until it ends...and now his watch is ended - may he rest in peace.

ご冥福をお祈りいたします三浦先生。:sad:

Flying Shadow

Shadow Owes its Birth to Light
p_19664thc31.jpg

its very sad and shocking news .. already Hours have passed and I'm still totally shocked and I feel depressed .. I have always visited this community for many years as a visitor .. is very unfortunate that my first post here after all these years was to talk about this horrific news .. He made the best artwork my eyes had seen and the best story ever I read it in my life ... he was an exceptional artist and a very genius storyteller .. my great love for Berserk cannot be described in a few words .. I was obsessed with everything related to Berserk .. manga .. anime .. soundtrack .. characters .. and even Games .. Kentarou Miura has make a dark fantasy world unlike any other .. Simply It's epic and Perfect .. and over more the course of two decades, Kentarou was able to maintain the continuity and strength of the course of the story and the development of the characters .. It was an incredible journey Even if it is not completed .. a truly a great work and a masterpiece .. It was a very deep work indicating his genius .. I cannot believe Berserk will not continue .. it's nightmare for me .. and Kentarou will not finish his masterpiece because he suddenly left our world .. is very painful for me when I think about this .. I am very sad and devastated and I feel that I lost something important in my life .. And I think deeply about all the people here and everywhere in the world because I share the same feelings, passion and sadness with them and my condolences to his family and people close to him.. Thanks Kentarou for the Making this great art .. Thanks for your effort and your struggle for all this years .. your legacy will not die It has inspired so many people around the world .. and Now.. rest in peace....

Thank you for accepting my account.

This is truly very sad news. I’ve been reading berserk for over 15 years and it helped me go through tough times, thank you, Miura. RIP.

When I first saw the news, I thought it was some sick joke, and then I thought I was having a nightmare. It's already 5 PM and I'm still hoping I'll wake up.
I really liked this series. Berserk was the first manga I read. Admittedly my enthusiasm has waned somewhat from the sparse releases, but I always kept up to date with the current chapter for the 5 years since I started it.
The fact that he's gone hurts so much.
Rest in peace, Miura. Thanks for everything.

Since morning I keep asking myself, how does one go about properly acknowledging such a sad moment without tainting it with momentary sentimentalism and the risk of dishonesty; I guess it's not for me to find that out.

Like so many others, I've been unreasonably attached to Berserk. It might be difficult to understand for someone with a more balanced set of emotions, but the simplest way I can put it, is that Kentarou Miura managed to create something intellectually elaborate and sophisticated, but more importantly, something from the soul unlike any other artist could, and we all understood the power of it.

Having to return here to this kind of news has me feeling so blue.

Absolutely speechless. I’ve been reading Berserk since a friend turned me onto it in high school nearly 15 years ago. It has been my absolute favorite fantasy ever written since. I am glad I got to experience Berserk and follow its releases for so long.

I only hope he was able to spend more time with family and loved ones in the last few years especially after working at such and insane pace for so long. You will be so sorely missed. Rest In Peace.

Last edited:
Read this before bed last night and went to sleep completely shocked. Woke up this morning and it was the first thing in my mind and I am still in totally disbelief. Just very sad all around, he losing his life so young, his work to be never finished, and the world being deprived of his talent.

Extremely heartbreaking. I wonder if he left a story outline, not that I want someone to continue without him. I can't help but be reminded of the Idea of Evil with the way he passed. The final chapter he left us sure was a way to go. He is an undeniable GOAT, and that was solidified long ago. He exceeded 99.9% of mangaka in art and story at the same time. Miura will live on forever

The greatest story I ever read, the best art I ever laid eyes on. Absolutely deveatating news and heartbreaking that he won’t get to complete his story.

Thank you so much for everything you have given everyone Miura, you’ll be remembered forever for your work.

Long time lurker who always read theories and other things about my favourite manga ever... I still can't fully realize what happened :(
One of my favourite records is Aenima by Tool, that record was dedicated to Bill Hicks who was defined "Another Dead Hero" being sort of idol for Maynard; Miura was exactly that IMHO so yeah, Miura is another dead hero...

The greatest story ever told by one of the greatest artists to ever live.

I always knew he would never finish it, I just wished with all my heart I was wrong.
I also hope no one comes and writes a bastardized ending to it. This is where the story ends on the greatest cliffhanger of all time.

I am just heartbroken today, for the man I didn't know personally, but whom I appreciated immensely, and for the untold stories and characters that go with him. This news will weigh heavy on me for some time. RIP Kentaro Miura, your art and work have left a lasting impression on me.

I try to talk about Berserk to just about everyone I've met more than a single time. That isn't going to change. Its the most many author's can hope for after their passing, and I while I wish I could do more, it is the only way I can keep his memory alive, so I will continue to do it gladly.

If only we could live forever
Rest in peace

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I'm struggling to find words to properly pay tribute to a man who has brought joy to not just my life, but so many around the world. Kentarou Miura was a genius. He was someone to look up to not only as an artist, but as a storyteller. Miura's work will forever remain something so many artists will strive to reach. Rest in peace, Miura-sensei.

Right now, my emotions are a whirlwind of sadness, anger, and selfish thoughts of, "I wish he wasn't taken away from us so we could have gotten more of our favorite series." Berserk and its fan community changed my life and I'll always remain grateful to Miura for creating something that brought so many of us together. I've been finding comfort in reading everybody's tributes here, as well as those from artists who admired him and people on social media I honestly had no idea loved Berserk.

This is a sad day for all of us. I'm glad that we are able to come together like this.

Top Bottom