Kentarou Miura has passed away

It's hard to say exactly how much Miura and his creation has effected my life. What I do know is that I go back to Berserk in the darkest times of my life, and that it has deeply affected me. And I'll continue to go back to it. There are no words I can say other than thank you. Thank you for creating so beautiful. I hope he was in peace, and I hope that he is in peace.

As for the ending of the series: at the very least, Guts was in a peaceful place when it ended. I hope Guts is in peace as well.
this helped me alot thanks :)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
A loss like I've never felt. Thanks to those who joined in the live chat we had. I found out about the news early enough that there was no one to talk to about it, or to help confirm any of the earliest info that came out (Berserk Project Twitter account). Needless to say, as the confirmation sank in, the bottom fell out for me. It helped to be able to speak with people about it as I processed the news.

It's still too fresh for me to lay it on too thick. For now, I'll just say that it's not just us who lost someone important in their lives, or the manga industry—the world lost one of its greatest storytellers.

A loss I never truly expected so early. I started this series years ago when I was still in high school and the impression it had helped to shape me into the person I am today. I can say for certain that Miura's story has aided many impressionable people like me through challenging phases of their lives, allowing them to come out and find the light as better people. Truly a loss for the world.

Rest in peace Miura

Fervent Enigma

Loveless
The news of Miura’s passing comes with a heavy heart and sullen spirit. As a collective of Berserk fans, we can now create our own ending to this masterpiece that was truly a gift. There will never be anything like Berserk in the years to follow, as it was truly singular in scope and design.

RIP, Miura. You will never, ever, be forgotten. ♥️

I first read Berserk during my high school years. The manga website I used listed it in the Top 10 on its website so I figured it would be really good. As I progressed through the series, I realized I was reading a masterpiece and by the time I binged to the latest chapter (right around the time the set sail on the boat) I knew Berserk was my all time favorite manga series.

Miura's work defined much of my adult life and I'll always remember him for that. Rest in peace

I’m in shock, and incredibly saddened. Miura was hands down one of the hardest working and talented artist I have ever known, by far my favorite. His work inspired me passionately. He changed my life. He was gave me hope, he made me a better person and gave me something of great value to share with friends. He held a incredible gift that I invested just a little over two decades obsessively indulging. So many incredible moments on this ride, so many conflicting emotions. Rest In Peace Kentaro. A true higher mind, master story teller of the ages. And greatest manga artist to ever live. Hail to him, cheers to his career and life’s work!

I have been a long time lurker on this forum for many years and a huge fan of the podcasts here . Im sorry that this had to be my first post but I've been pacing back and fourth just unable to accept, just sitting in silence contemplating everything that's happened, i don't have anyone else to talk too about it im sorry, i just i can't believe it. Miura meant so much to me , what a genius, my god, we will never see someone like Miura again what an amazing man, truly a genius storyteller and artist. I listened to the 97 interview just to hear his voice, I've never cried over someone i never even knew but it showed me how much he had affected my life, in the interview you can really tell what a kind and amazing person he was just by his voice. He truly viewed the world in such an amazing way, and he created a story so deep and complex with so many amazing full of life characters, the concepts the themes, everything masterfully put together. Moments in the story i was just in awe of this man and how he put all the peices together, and I've never been so excited about anything in my life. Truly something feels empty in me now like some hope has been torn from me. I love Miura and i will always be a Berserk fan

Last edited:
Wow, I don't know what to say it's been a while since I posted here the last time and I was never an active user but these are terrible news.

I feel like Berserk is one of those stories that really changes people, many people on this forum know it and that's my experience too.

It really saddened me this morning when my brother sent me the news. Just RIP Kentaro, hope he lived a joyful life and he didn't suffer in the end. Thank you for everything.

thank you for accepting my membership in this really lovely site, it's unfortunate that my first post we'll be mourning the late great mr miura.. would have loved it to be under brighter circumstances, it is what it is and im grateful

a fan from the kingdom of saudi arabia, i found escapism in watching that cool bizarre anime back in 2005. and ever since i have been always excited for the next chapter.. i dont feel ok

Fuck.

Fuck.

FUUUUUUUUCK!

I was hoping that this was just a joke. Some asshole's idea of a good laugh, or just another complaint of Berserk's slow release schedule. But...I can see perfectly well now...it's not.

This was my favorite manga of all time. My favorite fantasy story. Maybe even my favorite story of all. And Guts was hands down my favorite character. Nothing else could compare. Nothing else will compare. I've followed Berserk religiously for nearly 20 years of my life. And it was all thanks to Miura. Never have I seen someone who was both as masterful an artist and writer as him, who was able to maintain a massive level of quality consistently on a single work for over 30 years. Able to deliver storytelling with as many climatic moments and emotional gut-punches that knew just when and how hard to twist the knife. To have so many multifaceted characters be able to say so much with so few words, something so few writers can get right. I've seen many stories get cut short before they end for one reason or another. That always disappointed me, but I was able to move on. They were just stories I followed for maybe a few months at most, nothing more. But seeing it happen to Berserk, knowing I won't be able to follow it anymore, knowing I'll never get to see how it ends, knowing I'll never get to see Guts and Casca reunite for real, to see them avenge the Falcons, send the God Hand to Hell, to finally find peace with their friends and their son...this is going to hurt. This is going to hurt a lot.

Goodbye, Miura. I never knew you personally and I'm not going to pretend that I ever would. But you brought a lot of joy to my life regardless, especially in the whinier episodes of my past where it seemed like nothing would ever be good, that there would be no future for me. Knowing that even if I had nothing and no one else, there would always be another episode of Berserk to look forward to regardless had been enough during those times to keep me going. But it looks like...that won't be the case any long. The world just got a bit darker without you, Miura.

Top Bottom