Kill Bill

music doesnt fit!? Bang Bang my baby shot me down? come on the music is so atmospheric in dramatic scenes and gets you're heart pumping during the extremly well coriagraphed fight scenes. Character development? werent you paying any attention to the anime segment? and as for the Bride bring enigmatic, that was intentional or did you think the sound was just screwing up every time they said her name. we learn more about her through the other characters. damned philastine

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
I just watched the movie and ...what can i say...I love it...the pictures are nice , the music is great and it is really a tarantino!
WOW!
The violence might be a little bit to obvious but it is not disgusting but more funny in a way...
The charas are just cool fighting machines (in a mix of eastern n western) and acting with the touch of legendary action heros n the pride of samurai...
The story is not really complex but it is a story after all and is told really stylish by the master of "cult".
Can t wait to see vol.2!

Fazit: "Absolutely cool movie!"

btw lucy is just sexy as hell! ^_^;

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
FateINwaiting said:
im not into lucy every time theres a close up of her i dont know where shes looking...her and her corsseyed self.
for someone who is crosseyed she slays pretty well and is damn good looking either!^^;

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Berserk Ayato said:
I loved the movie, i cant wait to see vol 2 with Mr. Samuel L Jackson as the organ player!

People just can't be surprised anymore with IMDb around.

-Griffith

P.S. If you went into this thing expecting fucking "The Hours", I pity you.

Xans-Griffith

Everything changes.
Exactly. If you go into this movie looking for traditional storyline and character development you'll be sorely disappointed. This is a Tarantino movie. The Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs storylines were segmented and bouncing all over the place. All the juicy tidbits were kept under wraps till the culminating finish brought it all together. Vol. 2 will probably do the same. And besides, why worry about storyline and character development so much? This is pulp entertainment at its best.

Xans-Griffith said:
Exactly. If you go into this movie looking for traditional storyline and character development you'll be sorely disappointed. This is a Tarantino movie. The Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs storylines were segmented and bouncing all over the place. All the juicy tidbits were kept under wraps till the culminating finish brought it all together. Vol. 2 will probably do the same. And besides, why worry about storyline and character development so much? This is pulp entertainment at its best.

fuck that, its an action movie. thats its only excuse. its there to entertain, not enlighten you.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
When will it be out to rent in the USA? I'm going down there for three months and I'm waaaay to broke to pay for a cinema ticket right now :-[

Does anyone know if there will be an import soundtrack with most, if not all, the songs from the movie? The American version seems to be missing quite a bit. RZA is definitely a great producer but I think he ruined the Ode to O-ren Ishii with that half-assed rapping/storytelling. The Japanese version of the Ghost Dog OST (coincidentally also done by RZA) was what most people actually wanted so I hope that's the case with Kill Bill. Although I'm guessing there will eventually be some sort of special edition to wring as much cash out of the movie as possible.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Finally got around to seeing the movie. Had to say that I loved it. My only compliant was hearing Lucy Liu attempt to speak Japanese. The half-French girl could speak more fluently than she could it was irritating to say the least. But other than that, Tarentino is an excellent story-teller and I can't wait to see what he does with KB Vol. 2.

P.S. I want to know the airline that will let you fly with your katana!

Xans-Griffith

Everything changes.
ranemaka13 said:
fuck that, its an action movie. thats its only excuse. its there to entertain, not enlighten you.
Ok.

KILL BILL is both an homage and a reimagining of the genre films that Quentin Tarantino has
seen and loved: spaghetti westerns, Chinese martial arts films, Japanese samurai movies as
well as anime. Put simply, Tarantino describes the movie as a "duck press" of all the
grindhouse cinema he's absorbed over the past 35 years. The film is conceived in chapters,
each with the characteristic look and pulse of a specific genre and then interwoven with
references from pop culture and other genres.

Was anyone reminded of the Luca spank scene in that one part of the movie? Maybe a homage/reference to Berserk? Or wishful thinking on my part..

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
HOOOOOOOOLY SHIT!!!!!! That girl in the school outfit is blazin!!! I think I need to give her the hot beef injection!

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....
cant wait to see this movie i would have downloaded it allready but i think its one of those movies that deserve a trip to the cinema by the critics its been getting plus michael madsen is in it i fucking love that guy since reservoir dogs :p

O

Ozmo

I really, really didn't like the movie. In fact I disliked almost every single part of it; the characters annoyed the hell out of me and really lacked any depth what so ever, there was barely any plot to speak of and the action was so badly done it would pass for live-action Dragonball. But then again, I'm one of those people who are extremely annoyed by "Hollywood realism" like swords being cut in half by a "superior" sword, poorly done dismemberment effects etc.

That doesn't mean everybody else should dislike it, however and there were a few bits I thought were funny and/or cool. :)

Ceterum censeo Hollywood delendam esse. ;D

Griffith

Yeah, that critique was pretty contradicting and ignorant all around. I can’t find a single person that disliked the experience of this flick that actually got the point; or wasn’t so busy looking for one that they missed it. It’s always some smart ass going on about lack of character depth, cookie cutter plot, and primitive special effects; well, no shit. We’ve raised a generation of film snobs that can’t enjoy a real movie anymore; it flies under their pseudo-intellectual radars and offends their “good” taste. Well, I’m fucking glad Tarantino drew a line in the sand.

-Griffith

O

Ozmo

I just used Hollywood realism as a term to cover the kind of demented unrealism omnipresent in movies like Kill Bill. Of course the movie was supposed to be like that, but I don't like that style and therefore I didn't like the movie much either.

Why thank you, I think you're retard too for disagreeing. ::)

Griffith: Is "Movie Y was done in style X. I do not like style X, therefore I didn't like movie Y." too ignorant and contradicting for you? Some people don't like what you like and it's not as if I was calling you an idiot for liking what you do. Get fucking over it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
If only it had a deeper plot! Damned worthless movies today, where's my Criterion Citizen Kane when I need it...

Griffith

Ozmo said:

You "Get fucking over it." I never called you an idiot, though I could have for your idiotic sword remark (among others). Using your post as the catalyst, I just bashed an entire class you happen to fall into. For this I have no apoligies. And if you're going to retort, at least be relevant and ready to defend your opinions, or just keep them to yourself. I’m sure there are people that don’t like the movie for reasons that aren’t so… confused, and we’ll be able to mutually respect each other. This isn't one of those instances.

-Griffith

Top Bottom