Kill Bill

FateINwaiting

Berserk must be mine!
I think people see movies other people like just so they can say "i dont like this movie" basicly everything that guy said was wrong with kill bill can be used for every single movie ever made but what ever ^o^

O

Ozmo

I have no need to defend my oppinions. If I don't like something then I don't, I don't need reasons. In hindsight I suppose the comment about there being virtually no plot is hollow, since I've liked movies with practically no plot and just action on several occasions before. I'll just take my previous, careless words back and say I didn't like the way they did the action and the general style of the movie.

Also the sword remark was far from idiotic. I remember two scenes where swords cut swords in Kill Bill and neither of them would have happen with "real swords" (assuming the swords O-Renshii's army were using were not some wallhanger replica's of course).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ozmo said:
Also the sword remark was far from idiotic. I remember two scenes where swords cut swords in Kill Bill and neither of them would have happen with "real swords" (assuming the swords O-Renshii's army were using were not some wallhanger replica's of course).
No, it's still pretty idiotic. First, it's a martial arts movie. There aren't many necessary laws of physics that ABSOLUTELY MUST be followed. Secondly, they go out of their way in the movie to justify how ridiculously powerful the Bride's sword is.

But thank you for sharing your intimate knowledge of the craftsmanship and quality of swords.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Ozmo said:
I have no need to defend my oppinions. If I don't like something then I don't, I don't need reasons.

Then shut the fuck up, already. You can go around forming baseless opinions you can’t even justify all you want, but keep them to yourself if you don’t want them dissed and dismissed, beyatch! ;)

-Griffith

Kill Bill is so ridicuosly stylized that I can't see how anyone could impose reality on it as some form of criticism. Tarantino did a video interview with a British publication (a Bit Torrent is floating around the interweb) and he said Kill Bill was his first movie for movie's sake as opposed to placing reality within a genre film. He does come off as kind of an ego-maniac but he's a former video clerk living out his fantasy. He even said he drew inspiration from B quality samurai movies, not that high brow Kurosawa crap. :)

If you don't like Kill Bill, that's fine. I think Oscar winning American Beauty is a steaming pile of crap. You're just preaching to the wrong audience here.

Is Tarantino spanish or Italian that name sounds like spanish to me. Don't hate on Ozmo ,some people just don't like things for no reason. Like me I hate Ford cars I really don't have a reason as to why but I'm just a Chevorlet person.

Well the boyfriend and I saw Kill Bill the other day and I was surprised by how much I loved it.

I fell in love with Lucy. Oh dear God she is so beautiful! :eek:

I'm not sure if you guys caught this, *spoilers so please don't read ahead* but Bill was the one that killed O-ren's father. *end spoilers*

Although I'd like to fake that I'm that observant, my boyfriend was the one that had mentioned it after the movie was over.

If you haven't seen the movie, just get up and go. It's definitely a movie to see atleast once.

FateINwaiting

Berserk must be mine!
I dont think it was Bill who killed her father on 2 points...1. The guy that killed her father looked pretty japanese to me and 2. I dont think they would have let an american half chinese guy in the yakuza hence why they gave O-ren so much bs at the table and she cut the guys head off.

But i could be wrong and if i am i'll find out.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
FateINwaiting said:
I dont think it was Bill who killed her father on 2 points...
It's Bill. Check out his jewelry and the hair. It's Bill. Why focus on the killer so much if it's just some random Yakuza?

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....
its bill allrigth this movie is beautifull just saw it it absolutly rocks one of the most original things ever to come out off hollywood these last years

FateINwaiting

Berserk must be mine!
Hmm it may it may not be bill but if i saw my father killed by yakuza or somsone id kill them all even the one with the sword oh well my head hurts blah

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....
i cracked up at that conversation between hanzo hatorri and his servant in the dinner and ho my god, im bud and i came here to fuck! that was one sick part

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
Spoiler:

Her name is Beatrix, and there's a really cool scene in China during the second movie where they are supposed to be speaking cantonese, but instead it's dubbed over in english like old martial arts movies. 8)

Top Bottom