kurokenshi's art

KuroKenshi

ready for Today's sermon??
hey everyone this is my first time posting my art on the net so i just wanted to try it out and see what people think. oh and i just stuck an elf in there for the heck of it :serpico:
guts.jpg

deedlit.jpg

KuroKenshi

:guts: thanks everyone for letting me know what you think, though those pics are a bit old... I dont have a scanner :judo: so when i get back to my school ill scan something else. :serpico: and good eye on the guts pic CnC :carcus:

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."
Very nicely done artwork KuroKenshi.  Nicely detailed, especially on the hair in your Guts reproduction pic, and your crosshatching is excellent.  Do keep up with the good work and post more whenever you get the chance.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Very impressive. My only crits would be Guts' lips and fingers. The fingers are just a tad too skinny on his right hand and his lip has a wierd bump. Also, his left arm seems to not meet up to his shoulder. But enough nitpicking, your linework more than makes up for any minor shortcomings, especially the hair.

And for the record, the elf is great. :guts:

KuroKenshi

:serpico: thanks Vaxillus for the critique, i didnt even notice until now :isidro:, yeah i'm barely skimming on anatomy right now, so hopefully i dont make the same mistakes. but then again i did draw the guts pic lying down which is known to mess up proportion a bit. :griff:

KuroKenshi

:serpico: hey everyone here's another pic,this time it's griffith :griff:, drawn from the manga, again the scan looks less bright this time though? im just barely learning to use a scanner so i hope its not too dull.
griffith.jpg

CnC

Ad Oculos
KuroKenshi said:
:serpico: hey everyone here's another pic,this time it's griffith :griff:, drawn from the manga, again the scan looks less bright this time though? im just barely learning to use a scanner so i hope its not too dull.

hey, KuroKenshi.

Another good one. Your care to the hatching on this one is very nice. I would offer advisement as to your line weight tho. You might want to vary the thickness of the line in areas of lighter texture or on highlighted parts. The place where this sticks out the most is the hair. You need to go a bit finer on those strands as Griffith's hair is not only depicted as being very soft but very bright. Miura made sure what little shading or indication of form was done in very light strokes.
This line weight really makes the picture pop out.

Also, your reproduction is a bit wider than the original.

Cheers.

KuroKenshi

Thanks for saying so Skullgrin140 :serpico: that means alot to me :judo: JK no really though, cause thats what i want to be someday. :miura:

EDIT:

:griff: heres a really old pic i drew. :serpico: Its small but it think it looks ok for being old. It's of Rei Ayanami from Evangelion. though this is a Berserk site, :zodd: This is about the only place i get feedback from people :judo: So i hope its ok if i post art of other anime/manga besides Berserk. :isidro:
[
ayanami.jpg

CnC

Ad Oculos
her fingers and hips strike me as without structure, but overall its pretty good. The colors are too flat, as well.

KuroKenshi

:serpico: yeah, i didnt notice these things before until now. but this drawing is a year old  :guts: i just thought it was decent not brilliant. :griff:

Raziel

Very nice work, although on the Rei pic her fingers seem to be a tad bit flat, almost as if she doesn't have any bones in them.  But, for being an old pic it's pretty good and you can definitely tell from your more recent drawings that you've improved.  I'd definitely like to see you do a future drawing of the Berserker Armor or Zodd.  Hell, just about any more drawings of Berserk would do.

Raziel

KuroKenshi said:
:guts: thanks Raziel, yeah ill try to get some more berserk art in.  :serpico:

That'll be great.  By the way, I like your icon, Wolfwood kicks ass - you wouldn't happen to have any Trigun fanart by chance would you?

KuroKenshi

:serpico: actually ive never tried to draw anyone from trigun! ill make sure i do in the very near future though. hopefully ill have something posted by next week :griff:

Raziel

You really should try drawing some, I'm sure they'd turn out well.  Especially anything with Wolfwood and the portable confessional, lol. ;D

Top Bottom