Like SKnet? Donate to Help Us Become Even Greater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oburi

All praise Grail
The Young Animal comments is the one that I've been dying to have for many years. That would be a huge boost to this site. Imagine a comprehensive list of the creators comments over the years! :isidro: All neatly compiled right here on sk.net :guts:

I've been meaning to donate soon anyway (holding out for some money that should be coming in), but these new milestones make it a no brainer!

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Walter said:
The Miura comments translation is pretty damned exciting, guys. I can't tell you how many times over the years that I wished we had a resource like that handy, since he's said so many interesting things. While some may be obscure, or dealing with series or creators we aren't familiar with, they also tell us things like what he's listening to, watching, reading and generally how he occupies his time independent of working like a dog for Berserk fans. And I've only seen a fraction of them. Getting them all will probably produce a ton more information than can be gleaned from any one interview.

Here's hoping we reach that goal! :ubik:

Work on the benefits for donors is in progress. The emoticon is going to be pretty cool, I think.

I found a Japanese compendium for all of them and just google translate showed me a lot of very interesting things. He actually mentioned quite a few things that I like including the anime Oniisama E and Red Dwarf, which Aaz mentioned him talking about at some point in the past.

I'm extremely excited to see the full translation of those!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Since I last posted, we've reached another milestone! NOA and Futatabi (Miura's earliest works, which put him on the map as a mangaka) will be translated by Puella! Thanks to everyone who contributed or upped their donation amount.

We're now just a few bucks away from $200 and just $43 away from the Miura YA comments milestone.

Johnstantine said:
Johnstantine and Incantation reunion skullkast 2014/15!

Soon enough :ubik:

Dar Klink said:
I found a Japanese compendium for all of them and just google translate showed me a lot of very interesting things.

Yeah, many are out there, but it's difficult to understand them without a full translation. Because of the format, he often writes in a terse style that makes it impossible for machine translators like GT (which generally does a shit job for Japanese, even in the best of circumstances).

Congratulations to all involved for contributing and completing yet another milestone. Keeping my fingers crossed that we're eventually able to hit the maximum tier milestone that'll not only support Puella but also help enrich our experience as fans of Miura and his works. As a fan, this's an exciting initiative and opportunity the admins have put into place. And at the expense of sounding like a broken record, can't thank Puella enough for all the hard work she's put into the site for us.

Johnstantine said:
Johnstantine and Incantation reunion skullkast 2014/15!

*anxiety attack*

I have a suggestion for a new milestone! It would be great to have accurate translations of earlier Berserk volumes. I understand what an extremely long and tough job this would be but then again, Berserk won't be finished in maaany years. Maybe as a 750$ milestone? With my newly added 5$ a month you are at least a little bit closer to that than you were before ^^

I also listened to your podcast and I love the idea of an updated encyclopedia. Would be great for both newcomers and old fans to Berserk, if you want to look up something, see how things really are etc. etc.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
EeXerO said:
I have a suggestion for a new milestone! It would be great to have accurate translations of earlier Berserk volumes. I understand what an extremely long and tough job this would be but then again, Berserk won't be finished in maaany years. Maybe as a 750$ milestone? With my newly added 5$ a month you are at least a little bit closer to that than you were before ^^

First off, thank you for your contribution! Second, you're right that it would be very cool (I certainly wish for it myself) and also that it would be possible for a higher amount, but I think we should focus on little steps for our little community. A sum like the one you propose seems unreachable to me right now.

Dar_Klink

Walter said:
Yeah, many are out there, but it's difficult to understand them without a full translation. Because of the format, he often writes in a terse style that makes it impossible for machine translators like GT (which generally does a shit job for Japanese, even in the best of circumstances).

Oh, for sure, I mostly just used it to find a few names that stuck out and tried to figure out what I could using machine translation. I can't wait to see them actually translated and I'm sure we'll reach the goal!

puella

Berserk forever
Hello all, I just wanted to thank all donators as well as the admins and Grail (since she's helping and donating) from the bottom of my heart.

I was always happy to be able to contribute to SK.net, and it's a great pleasure for me to peruse the original text.
I always appreciated that beyond the artwork, the words in Berserk have their own value. In a way, I feel like I'm animating the characters through these translations, and I've come to view it as a kind of duty for me to deliver their true meaning to people, keeping them as close as possible to what Miura intended (now I'm talking like the Pontiff).

And now thanks to you all, I'm encouraged to keep doing my best. My feelings are exactly like below:

Chich-Warmth.jpg

"To share warmth with somebody is so much warmer!"

Warmth! This single word says everything for me. What to say, it's like I'm offered a cup of coffee, a donut or a jar of pickles... from my friends.
I feel warm thanks to you guys' care, and I'm very excited to be able to work on Berserk more than I've been able to before!

Berserk is great, Miura is great and SK.net is great. This will be an unforgettable event in my life.
Thanks again!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Again, a big thank you to all donators! We've now almost reached the third milestone (Translating all of Miura's comments in Young Animal), only $5 left!

And look what uncle Aaz pulled out of his secret drawer:

Miura_interviews.jpg

Those books all contain interviews from Miura. Puella will start working on one of these as soon as her work permits.

Additionally, to celebrate her imminent (I want to believe) return, I've scanned this color painting that Miura did of Casca back in 1999. It was never republished outside of that one Young Animal.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Ah, this is so exciting! Just got the email that we reached the next milestone. I think I'm most excited about this one personally! :ubik:

Oburi

All praise Grail
That's a great painting of Casca. I can't believe stuff like that doesn't get reprinted again elsewhere.

Dar_Klink

The milestone was reached! That's awesome Aaz and a huge thanks to Puella for the work she's going to be doing! :ubik:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Again, a big thank you to all donators! We've now almost reached the third milestone (Translating all of Miura's comments in Young Animal), only $5 left!

Nice! I'm very excited to have all of Miura's Young Animal comments translated. Thanks to everyone else who donated!

Aazealh said:
And look what uncle Aaz pulled out of his secret drawer:

http://aazealh.net/Divers/Miura_interviews.jpg

Those books all contain interviews from Miura. Puella will start working on one of these as soon as her work permits.

Awesome! Thanks, Aaz and Puella!

Aazealh said:
Additionally, to celebrate her imminent (I want to believe) return, I've scanned this color painting that Miura did of Casca back in 1999. It was never republished outside of that one Young Animal.

http://aazealh.net/Divers/Casca-YA_Poster_small.jpg

Very cool. It's been a long time since I've seen that particular image. Thanks for posting it, Aaz.

I'm so happy that we reached the Miura comments milestone. I can't even begin to describe how badly I've wanted to read all of those. Great job, Team SKnet. You rock. :flora:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom