Lith's colors & tutorials

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Heh! Witchcraft would be easier! Thanks guys. :serpico:

Just for fun today I did a panel from 316. It's got a lot of text, but it's such promo-image-friendly text!

I didn't hit the moonlight-ey stride I got with the last one of Guts outside but I'm having fun trying to figure out properly moody lighting nonetheless.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
That's great! I totally love where this one is going. The only thing that I noticed was that in comparison to the way the other characters are lit, Isma's hair is a bit too bright. Then again, maybe I'm still new to the idea of Isma's hair being that color... I was rooting for redhead!

I'm not an expert, but maybe if you were to ... grayen... up the hair color just a tad?

Lithrael

Gobolatula said:
(...) maybe if you were to ... grayen... up the hair color just a tad?

Desaturate! Good idea. I just tried that and it still looks pretty bright so the first draft really must have been too bright. A lot of the color snuck in cause I used a bright aqua to lighten up her ziptone and then forgot about it! :farnese:

Anyway, still pretty bright but should be better:

Lithrael

Hehee, yeah...

Thanks guys! I'll play with it more later. I need to find better reference sources than google! Searching for 'moonlight' just gets you four pages of some dick on CBS trying to look sexy. God damn I hate what Twilight has done to pop culture. I remember when I didn't give a shit about Buffy. Sure there was the occasional sighing fangirl to ignore, but the media hardly ever shoved 'shmexy' vampires in my face while I was trying to get on with unrelated things.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Already got a color request from episode 317!

Page 8, top 2 panels. Guts' smile at Schierke and Schierke looking like a badass holding her hat with Ivarella yelling.

PLEEEEASE!?

Lithrael

Gobol: That image caught my eye too. I'll be sure to hit it soon.

Griff: Hahaha omg. Should I use the composite you made? I'll see what I can do. I'll ask Proj if he has a WIP I can steal - I know he said he tried it once.

While I'm at it I got a request for the spread in 298 of the recently unleashed evil - a mess of monsters with the prawn, Grunny and Zodd at the top and Griff on his horse at the bottom - I feel like I've seen this image in color already though. Has anyone seen that spread colored or am I imagining things?

Lithrael said:
I feel like I've seen this image in color already though. Has anyone seen that spread colored or am I imagining things?

No matter, I can't wait to see your color choices Lith, I know they'll be awesome. :casca:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Adoooorable! :casca: I especially like those tiny touches of pink on Schierke's face. I barely noticed them at first, but it adds a great sense of dimension to the picture.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Lith, you fantastic conquistador.

I love it. Love it, love it, love it. Thank you so much for doing this! Guts is such a badass.

Lithrael

Cap'n Skullybeard! :troll:

32007crop.jpg

Full size here: http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/7295/32007clr.jpg

Proper name: Captain Bearded Skeleton, of the good ship Shark Rider Captain Shark Rider, whose bowsprit is home to the equally awesome figurehead of the Captain Shark Rider.

ETA: please lord can Schierke call upon the spirit of the wood to animate that figurehead at the peak of some epic battle? I would die happy!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Lithrael said:
Proper name: Captain Bearded Skeleton, of the good ship Shark Rider, whose bowsprit is home to the figurehead Captain Shark Rider. I think that's how it goes anyhow.

"Captain Shark Rider" is the name of the ship itself actually. The figurehead is a literal representation of the name, like the Sea Horse's own figurehead.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Wow, gorgeous! I was hoping somebody would take advantage of the dynamic angle in this shot. Thanks Lith, this really brightened up my afternoon. :ubik:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Oh my! He is beautiful isn't he? I love how slimy you made him look. It's always so striking to see color on these drawings since I'm so used to seeing them in black and white. :ubik:

turkitage

ターク
Walter said:
That's awesome, Lith! I love it ... But I think you drew him with a little too much personality here. Afterall, he's just a husk of a corpse now, with no soul or remnant of his former persona.

Oh god, I thought we had those all sandboxed in that other thread! This is no good, look at what's happening to you Walter. :judo:
Just stay away from my home with that!

Lithrael, I know you've done these for a while now. I'm kinda getting into the photoshop thing. Curious, about how long did it take you to do something like this with all the shades/etc? And I no doubt plan on using your tutorial for help.

Top Bottom