Lith's colors & tutorials

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Thanks guys! :serpico:

Turkitage said:
Curious, about how long did it take you to do something like this with all the shades/etc?

I wasn't keeping track but at least several hours. It'll commonly take 6 hours to do a not-too-complicated image. For me a lot of that time is used up experimenting though; for good or bad I spend a lot of time trying out different techniques instead of refining what I've tried before. That most recent tutorial is still how I'm doing the basic setup, though. It's a lot easier than what I used to do way back when I started.

Dar Klink said:
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/3482/1300075357714.png
I think this would make an awesome color page. :griffnotevil: Please?

Wish -> Command

ismaclr.jpg

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Wow! what a pretty face!

I love the hair. I think you got the tones just right. Not too bright or dark. The slight green hints work well too.

Lithrael

Welcome Dar Klink; thanks Aphasia!

& now... More Cap'n Bearded Skeleton! I just can't resist.

32108clr.jpg

Was gonna do the whole panel but lost steam.. If anyone would like the .psd I was working on to try their hand at finishing it, send me a PM and I'll give you a link to the file.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Mooootivation.....shut....DOWNNNN BZZZUUUUoooooooo

I love the green effect you used for coming through the barrier!

I googled the rectangular pupils that goats and octopus have because I was so curious about them. Apparently it allows the creature to absorb more light in the dark and see in a wider spectrum, like a wide angle lens. It's really creepy, but it works great on these guys. :guts:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Aphasia said:
I googled the rectangular pupils that goats and octopus have because I was so curious about them. Apparently it allows the creature to absorb more light in the dark
why would goats need eyes like that? i get octopuses.. but for goats it just seems unnecessary. maybe they are distant relatives.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Truder said:
why would goats need eyes like that? i get octopuses.. but for goats it just seems unnecessary. maybe they are distant relatives.

No, goats and octopuses aren't distant relatives. Their horizontally-slitted eyes apparently give them a better peripheral depth perception, and probably help them see better at night too.

Hello. I've recently came to contact with your work.

All I can say is "Wow...". These pictures are all so extremely beautifull Lithrael. :casca:

EDIT: Do you upload all your Berserk work somewhere Lithrael? :???:

Lithrael

Thank you Spunit!

I don't have a proper showcase set up anywhere - and I know it's a pain to try to dig through a thread for old links. I really do need to get my gallery back up and running again. My apologies.

Anyhows - a new color! :D

ismamerrow.jpg

Full ginormous size is here: http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/5597/ismamerrow.jpg

I think I still need to get a little more shadow on Isi's back, though.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
A very blue picture! I really like this one a lot.

Though I wonder what it would look like with more variety on the colors. Then again, since this is her REVEAL, it makes sense, since she's just freshly transformed. Plus, they're under water.

This is such a fantastic moment and you did a great job coloring it.

Lithrael

Thanks Gobol! Yeah - I can give it some color under all that, and it'd probly look nice, but I gotta go to work & I wanted to have something to show off :iva: I'll see if I have the gumption to come back to it. Heh! You know, I hadn't realised till I went to color it that Isma was actually glowing.

Cool, though your work would probably really benefit from painting in the core shadows and varying between hard and soft shadow edges. Right now your shadows are sort of in between. Isidoro's arm in particular would really benefit from a hard shadow with a core shadow running along the place that is farthest away from the light source.
It's also good to keep in mind that colors get warmer right next to an area of shadow. That can help your colorings look a lot more lifelike. Probably not applicable to the underwater scene but for other colorings it helps.

Lithrael

CCS said:
Cool, though your work would probably really benefit from painting in the core shadows and varying between hard and soft shadow edges. Right now your shadows are sort of in between.

That's true. It's hard to make myself do it just cause I'm not used to it. Thanks for the advice!
Added some color to the last one. Now it's Isma's hair that's looking underloved. I'll see what I can do about that, next.

ismamerrow2.th.jpg

Larger size is here:
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6108/ismamerrow2.jpg

Wow, that scene looks incredible in color! I love the way you colored the night sky, clouds, moon, and moonlight reflecting off of the god. It looks so natural. It looks exactly like a real full moon night. Great job!

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Very eerie looking. The original detail lines compliment the colors a lot. Though, the lines you added on the tentacles look a little bit rough. Maybe if they were blended in a bit or used a thinner brush?

Great work. You're the color master.

Lithrael

Thanks guys! :serpico:

Here's a little one from 339. Not too big so I guess I'll just inline it full size. The flowers reminded me of Sweet Alison, which comes in a ton of colors but most usually white as a wildflower so that's what I went with here.
http://www.guenther-blaich.de/pflseite.php?par=Lobularia+maritima

berserkch329p033chi.jpg

What's that Farnsworth quote? "Oh.. I made myself sad..."

Top Bottom