Locus?

I think Walter has already formatted and taken his break from things, but I was pondering what 'rokusu' would be in English, and I was thinking of Robin Hood. Robin of Locksley. I've also seen the name spelled Locke(s) like FF VI. I mean, his name can't mean a 'locust' :p, so what do you guys think? I'm thinking I'll update the FAQ with that little tidbit.

Also, I don't know if this has been revealed offhand, but is the big guy's name actually 'Naga' or are they just calling him that based on the fact that he's huge as hell? ;D

I think Walter has already formatted and taken his break from things, but I was pondering what 'rokusu' would be in English, and I was thinking of Robin Hood.  Robin of Locksley.

'Could be... "Locksley" is written "rokusuri-" and "rokkusuri-", in Japanese.

I've also seen the name spelled Locke(s) like FF VI.

But that's "rokku", in Japanese...
The whole problem is that it's "rokusu", not "rokkusu".

I mean, his name can't mean a 'locust'  :p, so what do you guys think?

I think it could also be "Roch" (even if it may seem a bit weird).
In Japanese, "St Roch" is called "Sei Rokusu".
There's also a character named "Roch" ("rokusu" in Japanese) in the game "Favorite Dear ~Junpaku no Yogensha~": http://www.neic.co.jp/game/fd_hp/zfd/chara/roch.html

It could also be the Latin word "locus" (meaning "place")?

Also, I don't know if this has been revealed offhand, but is the big guy's name actually 'Naga' or are they just calling him that based on the fact that he's huge as hell?  ;D

They call him "naga" because it means "dragon" in their language (and in Sanskrit as well, actually ^^; ).

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
Locus is a word (like Olivier stated before), derived from greek geometry if you will, which means something to the effect that a set of points' locations are determined by conditions already stated (fate maybe?)

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Reading these posts I realise Berserk fans are smarter than the average person, more educated in certain scientific fields. :DAnyway, about the name.
All of this things stand, but what if he was named Locus just like that, no particular reason?

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
Reading these posts I realise Berserk fans are smarter than the average person, more educated in certain scientific fields. :

nah, i think it's just that Miura is smarter than an average manga artist hehehehehee *does yogi the bear laugh* , and more educated in philosphic and religious fields

and therefore justifying the intended name puns?

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
His helmet resembles the helmet of Shredder of TMNT fame. I wonder if he was Miura's character model when he thought how Locus would look.

Oh, speaking of Master Shredder, check this out. It's over 30 minutes long so listen to it when you have the time to spare...totally worth it and way hilarious!!!

http://www.blackout.com/blackout/quan.ram

Top Bottom