Look at my yard...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It's a lovely morning. I throw off the covers with joy and exclaim, "Golly Gee! I wonder what magical wonders the BBS has for me today!" I frantically jiggle with the power button and await the loading of the enticing and ever expansive Interweb.

The colorful display slowly appears and I check the newest threads. New Eva live action series! When is 222 coming out? Who's Shriek? My smile turns to a pursed "o", with uncontrollable bile spewing out.

In short, I'm not happy with the way things are running right now. The board has gotten out of hand before, and it's settled but this... this is an extended age of crap.

I'll be pulling some weeds around here.

This message is not to say that I'll me taking names of who was naughty or nice this year. But I will not stand idly by and watch the Skullknight.net BBS turn into something as vomit inducing as Arcticnightfall or BandofHawks's forums.

Further, I will quote a monologue from Snoop Doggy Dogg's "What's My Name?" which I think clearly illustrats my current stance on this situation:

"Oh my God! Look at my yard... Look at this mess. I need to call a dog catcher or somethin... Look at that yard. Where's my daughter at?"

All I need is a dog catcher.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Walter said:
In short, I'm not happy with the way things are running right now.
Perhaps its a side effect of reviving the board with a trash can.

You have seemed rather short tempered lately. Just getting fed up, or is it something else?

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
I understand that this board is dedicated to all things Berserk related and discussions of the more complex themes in Berserk. But seriously, there will always be n00bs (such as myself... ;)) and you can only discuss one subject up to a certain point. That's the way of things especially since this BBS is attracting more members. It's natural that some of the board members would want to discuss more trivial things to lighten things up a bit.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Did somebody call a Dogg Catcher!? 8)

Majin Tenshi said:
You have seemed rather short tempered lately. Just getting fed up, or is it something else?

I’ll take this question, the answers choice C: the board has kind of been sucking the past few weeks. But, I’m not going to go into details, get all negative or bash anybody and pass blame. It’s no single posters fault. If anything, I’m more to blame than anyone. Those details I’m not going into you’re going to be seeing for yourself though, through change. Changes to improve the board; cut out the fat, refocus it, and make it the bustling Berserk community it once was. All we can ask any individual person out there to do is to be excited about Berserk, and to express that excitement in a creative and productive way. Think before you post. Just because someone’s new to the series doesn’t mean they can’t talk intelligently about it. Post smart; think about the series, get behind your ideas, be creative and try to offer something new. Hell, if everybody just threw out educated guesses for the upcoming chapters, this place would be full of great speculation.

Anyway, I want to throw out some positive words to people on here. Special thanks to Saiki, for keeping us informed and contributing laconic but insightful opinions. Really man, post more, please. Olivier, the Man, the Legend. Thanks for just sticking around (Oh yeah, if I get a house this summer, you and Walter have got to hang out with me some time). Majin Tenshi, you post a lot, and your posts rarely make me want to roll my eyes or pull my hair out. That in itself, is an accomplishment. And last but not least, SaiyajinNoOuji, for stepping up to the plate and delivering scans of new chapters to us consistently. As well as being the Berserk fan I’d want on my side in a fight.

I’d like to quote “Fast” Eddie Felson at this time,

“Hey, I’m back!”

-Griffith

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Walter said:
It's a lovely morning. I throw off the covers with joy and exclaim, "Golly Gee! I wonder what magical wonders the BBS has for me today!" I frantically jiggle with the power button and await the loading of the enticing and ever expansive Interweb.

The colorful display slowly appears and I check the newest threads. New Eva live action series! When is 222 coming out? Who's Shriek? My smile turns to a pursed "o", with uncontrollable bile spewing out.

In short, I'm not happy with the way things are running right now. The board has gotten out of hand before, and it's settled but this... this is an extended age of crap.

I'll be pulling some weeds around here.

This message is not to say that I'll me taking names of who was naughty or nice this year. But I will not stand idly by and watch the Skullknight.net BBS turn into something as vomit inducing as Arcticnightfall or BandofHawks's forums.

Further, I will quote a monologue from Snoop Doggy Dogg's "What's My Name?" which I think clearly illustrats my current stance on this situation:

"Oh my God! Look at my yard... Look at this mess. I need to call a dog catcher or somethin... Look at that yard. Where's my daughter at?"

All I need is a dog catcher.

Walter, all you need to do is get some weedkiller. But I suppose it's faster just to...pull out those weeds. Speaking of I gotta do some of that in my own backyard ;)

LG

SexyCharlotte

That means I'm dead....

You'll kill me now...but I'm going to say it...put another post here that might make you roll your eyes....

Welcome back Griff.

LG

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Just change the appearance a bit more, this place is boring to visit. Perhaps be more ruthless with lame topics.

If a thread is getting out of hand or it talks about information that someone has already gone to the time and effort to obtain, then close it. Like the thread asking about when 222 is out, when it's already been discussed in previous topics, just close the fella and let the idiots find out for themselves.

Oh and for the record, ArcticNightfall is a general anime board, so what more did you expect?

Majin_Tenshi

Griffith said:
Did somebody call a Dogg Catcher!? 8)I’ll take this question, the answers choice C: the board has kind of been sucking the past few weeks.
That have something to do with your absence? Your last post a month and a half ago was annoyance with TV.

Griffith said:
Changes to improve the board; cut out the fat, refocus it, and make it the bustling Berserk community it once was.
That will be done without cheating this time?

I haven't seen very many interesting Berserk related topics lately.

Glad I made you "good guys" list, and welcome back, we need ya.

Boonki

Christopher Lowell's Rainbow Six
I'll be the "asshole" once again and say what I think about "weeding."

The reason "off-topic" posts are posted... most of which in the trash can section anyways... is because there is now a community here, not where people just purely think about Berserk non-stop. People want to come back to the board and read stuff and talk with the people here, but not always about Berserk. I don't think that its that hard to understand.

You can go ahead and create your really boring Utopian society so that whatever has crawled up your ass will finally die. If you only want your 5 or so friends to hang out and talk here, why not make the board private so that the "true intellectuals" won't be annoyed by posts that they don't have to read.

There are thought-provoking topics and posts here, but nothing is going to be perfect. I think someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed for the last few years.

It blows my mind how you try to come across as someone who is smart and only posts about relevant stuff but most the posts I've ever read from you are mostly rude and obnoxious comments.

Ban me from posting, I don't care... it'll show what an elitist dictator you are, Hitler.

P

psymont

Boonki said:

The reason "off-topic" posts are posted... most of which in the trash can section anyways... is because there is now a community here, not where people just purely think about Berserk non-stop. People want to come back to the board and read stuff and talk with the people here, but not always about Berserk. I don't think that its that hard to understand.

You can go ahead and create your really boring Utopian society so that whatever has crawled up your ass will finally die. If you only want your 5 or so friends to hang out and talk here, why not make the board private so that the "true intellectuals" won't be annoyed by posts that they don't have to read.

There are thought-provoking topics and posts here, but nothing is going to be perfect. I think someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed for the last few years.

It blows my mind how you try to come across as someone who is smart and only posts about relevant stuff but most the posts I've ever read from you are mostly rude and obnoxious comments.

Ban me from posting, I don't care... it'll show what an elitist dictator you are, Hitler.

damn .... that is wack .... bling bling

G

Genn21

time to put your foot down

:D , well after being back from wilmington n.c i have read walters wonderful rant about how fed up he is with all the threads portaining to things off topic in the "trashcan". Well to say at least this is were we post whack topics , real world events , stuff about our lives , and masterbation ( the last ones coo ) . so alright its really a problem with to many topics in the trashcan and not enough in the real berserk threads ( this is what i think walters idly saying ) is whats boling down here at the bottem of the pot .. ( not ganja ) , And walt thinks its crap

all sorta agree but after people post threads about sex , gatts shaving , eva series ( i know i posted there my hypocracy stands tall ), i kinda wonder WTF , you letting non post types in the wrong threads thats the first problem man , id say repetative posts about the same thing also being a bugger , but what hits me in the balls are these personal topics like who & who getting offended after so & so shits there pants. My personal opinion walt you need to put your foot down and use the delete button dude if you observe some crap on here , starting to merge with the type of crap from the opposition ( kekeke)

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
I admit this place has a mess of spam, or useless shyt that might as well be spam, thats why i barely reply, the board for some reason lost interest in the chapters, or so it seems to me. this is becoming like an ezboard sorry to say it, most of the crap comes from the trash can, i've never seen a use for the trash can, or translucent victory, other than if i wanted to know useless crap.

SexyCharlotte

Boonki said:

Damn dude...that is blunt!!

LG

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Boonki, you completely misunderstood the situation. Weeding was meant to say fine tuning topics and whatnot to make the board better, nothing to do with it’s members. I made it pretty damn clear that this was supposed to be positive thing. There was going to be a place for everybody to contribute what they wanted to say, I was only ASKING that you do it with a little intelligence and class. Thanks for ruining it right off the bat with hateful trash.

Griffith said:
But, I’m not going to go into details, get all negative or bash anybody and pass blame. It’s no single posters fault. If anything, I’m more to blame than anyone. Those details I’m not going into you’re going to be seeing for yourself though, through change. Changes to improve the board; cut out the fat, refocus it, and make it the bustling Berserk community it once was. All we can ask any individual person out there to do is to be excited about Berserk, and to express that excitement in a creative and productive way. Think before you post. Just because someone’s new to the series doesn’t mean they can’t talk intelligently about it. Post smart; think about the series, get behind your ideas, be creative and try to offer something new. Hell, if everybody just threw out educated guesses for the upcoming chapters, this place would be full of great speculation.

I guess this was too much to ask the almighty Boonki. Instead you put your efforts into being a needlessly combative, thanks.

I’m not going to ban you or insult you or even just say what I think of you. That just has no place in what we’re trying to do here. But I do think the way you were shaken up just by the idea of reform is pretty telling of how you see yourself here. You’re okay by me as long as you act civil. But if you’re going to be this way, I’d rather you just leave this place alone of your own accord.

-Griffith

BOB

poruno sutâ
Boonki said:

You can only embarrass germans like me with calling them hitler.

and don't compare walt to hitler. wally must've killed at least 7 million people you dumbass

G

Genn21

:D , JESUS THE TASHCANS GONE , Nooo oooo oooo. There were goodtimes on there with talks from gracious none berserk subjects. Eva posts, Cock tease topics ! Its no more , what evil sinning basterds these people be. ...sob... Time for the latent new invention the trashcan song.

LA LA LA, ( medevil tuneing)

verse 1: Ohhhhh trashcan oh trashcan well miss your face on the board. there were times when only you calmed the throbbing of the sex raged troll hord. you may have not been the best topic for y.a.b.b.s here. Still all shit topics and threads hold you dear. Griffith and walter let you live on, evan if it was there board with a bad direction thou started to steer. no more will we find another crevice to post topics so queer.

verse 2: OHHHH trashcan ohhh trashcan. Lonely nights when senpais board count sucked like no other. Only one man could turn to you like he could throttle his brother. 342 spam counts turned translucent victory into a farse. Yet it was beutiful while it lasted so be if it's post counts are worth ARSEEEE.

verse 3: Ohhhh trashcan ohh trashcan and the rainbow behelit. Rainbow behelittttt, bainbow behelittttt, rainbow behelittt. it was a topic for anyone to screw. to bad uramashi turned translucent victory into something horrific through. I wanted to wave goodby but your already gone now my freind, to late when the board courts a gay love one it turned out it would eventuly be the trashcanssss endddddd ( crowd cheeerrrrs )

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bang.php

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I like the new effect you got going on here Walter, much better. Ever consider ditching the light blue and replacing it with some sepia tones? I think it'd look a lot better.

Oh yeah, use that damn banner I made too!!!! >:(

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Arghhh... the Trashcan is gone.

I guess UrashimaSenpai's threat of making the Trashcan his permanent home was a frightening prospect to Wally and co. ;)

BTW... the new setup is pretty nice. I guess all general talking and other non-Berserk related material will be relegated to "Shootin' the Breeze".

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
It's really quite simple. The human race is getting dumber, that's all, and the internet is no exception. It's only a matter of time untill the entire world degenerates into nothing but an undeciperable mess of internet shorthand and smilies.

There's really nothing that can be done, but I've found it helps if you stay silent for long periods of time, and then lash out at people randomly. This goes for both on-line and off-line experiences.

SexyCharlotte

Bok Choy [Stir-fried with Rice] said:
Arghhh... the Trashcan is gone.

I guess UrashimaSenpai's threat of making the Trashcan his permanent home was a frightening prospect to Wally and co. ;)

BTW... the new setup is pretty nice. I guess all general talking and other non-Berserk related material will be relegated to "Shootin' the Breeze".

Thank goodness for that. I like the new setup and I'm glad the trashcan is gone.

LG

Filthy Wretch

UHH FUUHHHH
Wereallmad said:
It's really quite simple. The human race is getting dumber, that's all, and the internet is no exception. It's only a matter of time untill the entire world degenerates into nothing but an undeciperable mess of internet shorthand and smilies.

There's really nothing that can be done, but I've found it helps if you stay silent for long periods of time, and then lash out at people randomly. This goes for both on-line and off-line experiences.
that was the funniest thing I've seen in weeks

M

medievald00d

How you can fix it.

Make a new Forum
1. For newbies: Where to get scanslations

Every morning, wake up, turn on the computer, find the new threads, and start flaming them. That will weed out the annoying "How do I get scanslations?"

As for the rest of the stuff, Maybe you should make a completely different BBS
for crappy posts like that. Have someone with more patience moderate the forums there.

Anyways, these are my suggestions. they might or might not solve your problems

Majin_Tenshi

medievald00d said:
Make a new Forum
1. For newbies: Where to get scanslations

Every morning, wake up, turn on the computer, find the new threads, and start flaming them. That will weed out the annoying "How do I get scanslations?"
Thats what the band of the hawks is for.

Really, a scans board isn't a bad idea. So long as you can program something that makes a dagger fly out of the computer screen everytime a requests thread is posted.

Top Bottom