Looking for a Dragon Slayer replica

JIN

Yudanero...
:SK: A sword with no shield...no fun for play fighting.
:zodd:  Rrright!
:guts:  Bah. Fun?
:chomp: Fun Fun Fun!

Grunberd-Shield.jpg

Thanks Aaz! ;)

More pics courtesy of maker
http://www.geocities.jp/ac3bb/proprop/index.htm

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
Looks about the right size for Grunbeld, too.

No, it's too small for Grunberd, it was made to be on scale with normal people. It should be at least twice (probably thrice) bigger to match the size in the manga. See this picture for reference, it's bigger than Guts.

Grunberd-shieldsize.jpg

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
No, it's too small for Grunberd, it was made to be on scale with normal people. It should be at least twice (probably thrice) bigger to match the size in the manga. See this picture for reference, it's bigger than Guts.

Well fine, trying to make Jin feel bigger, but excuuuuuuse me... i'msofullofit:troll:

Triggormortis

Weakness is a disease; I am the cure.
That things freakin beautiful.
And as for a battle-ready DS, I'm gonna attach a log to a pole and see how that feels. Maybe some drugs too... :badbone:

omg, is this for real?
holy smoke....
at first, i thought it was some kinda computer effect jokes lol

i am very impressed :isidro:
please post more pictures on this replica :guts:

I have a Dragonslayer replica which was made for cosplay purposes for my husband's Guts cosplay. Here's a link to a thread I posted in a while ago with pics of the armor and sword > http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=2017.25 The sword is very sturdy, yet light enough to carry. It's basically made of styrene and plastic with a wooden stick in the middle and weighs in at approximately 6 pounds. The sword itself was commissioned for a little under $200 and was well worth it in my opinion.

CnC

Ad Oculos
AnimeGoddess said:
I have a Dragonslayer replica which was made for cosplay purposes for my husband's Guts cosplay.

meh :schierke:, I like jin's better...

It has more texture and looks more like the DS, IMO.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
meh :schierke:, I like jin's better...

It has more texture and looks more like the DS, IMO.

The two can't be compared, JIN's is on another level. AnimeGoddess' sword is fine for cosplay though, it gets the job done.

yeah i will admit Jin's is better but Aaz is right its on a different level. But i'll say this for 200 bucks about the one Goddess has that they made is pretty damn good. I must say kudo's on the well made replica and armor! :SK:

now! someone find me a link of the Tuned blade thats for sale i wish to purchas this :p hehe... yeah in my dreams right?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Darkadien Zurel said:
now! someone find me a link of the Tuned blade thats for sale i wish to purchas this :p hehe... yeah in my dreams right?

Yeah, there isn't any for sale that I know of at the moment. It's quite rare to see an auction for one, unfortunately (and I mean on Yahoo Japan auctions, don't even think about eBay).

Well, i guess ill just keep looking yahoo japan auctions. but thats such a pain. heck i dont even know how to order off there.. so i guess ill sit and dream unless Jin wants to sell me his :p

Top Bottom