Looking for a Dragon Slayer replica

Tetsuru

Cars run up hills and down people...
To whomever this concerns,

I need to find a dragon slayer replica sword plz hlp me.. oh yea i cant read japanese so that makes things difficult huh?...

Tetsuru

Looking for dragon slayer replica(i cant read Japanese)plastic or metal...HLP ME

i cant spell plastic...

O

Ozmo

Re:Looking for dragon slayer replica(i cant read Japanese)platic or metal...HLP

One made of metal with the "correct" proportions would only hold up if it was never held by the handle and swung around (which is impossible anyway). IIRC some silly American made a somewhat cool one out of wood/hollow plastic or something. The thread, or the last post in it at least, can't be more than a few months old so you'll probably find it by digging around.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
There should be a thread here about it

But if you don't want to take the time to find it, you can PM me for the private e mail of a friend of mine in Japan who can find it for you.

The replica is six feet long and costs 1500 US dollars.

LPL

SSGWNBTD

A friend, in my mind, is someone who equals me.

Mozmo said:
One made of metal with the "correct" proportions would only hold up if it was never held by the handle and swung around (which is impossible anyway). IIRC some silly American made a somewhat cool one out of wood/hollow plastic or something. The thread, or the last post in it at least, can't be more than a few months old so you'll probably find it by digging around.
Hmmph!
http://www.animemusicvids.com/SWORD3.JPG
I fixed the top panels, added a broom handle down the center of the PVC pipe, and filled in the jagged edges with black roofing caulk.. which was probably a bad idea (smears a bit). I still need 1 1/2 chain links for it.

P.S. That isn't me.

P.P.S. I know it's too big! 8' 1" MUWAHAHA!

SexyCharlotte

Did you buy that or make it? I would think it's a lot less expensive to have someone make a replica rather than pay AOW 1500 dollars.

SSGWNBTD

A friend, in my mind, is someone who equals me.

Lady Paradise_Lost said:
Did you buy that or make it? I would think it's a lot less expensive to have someone make a replica rather than pay AOW 1500 dollars.

Made it out of a large sheet of black Plexiglass and cut/snapped it myself. I think you can find plastic shops that would cut your sections to spec.
Here's a picture of it in solidworks (inches):
www.animemusicvids.com/SWORDdim.png
It matches up well to the "larger" versions of the sword in the manga and a few of the figures, but it's way off now from the standard used in the manga.

Here's what I think people wanted for the dimensions:
www.animemusicvids.com/SWORDdim(reg).png

If it's too hard to cut the 4 side slats at an angle (note the 3.16" and 4.37 dimensions) you can just make 4.36" into 3.16" (or just closer). If you try to change the 3.16" it will mess up the tip sections. Maybe I could post an equation script for everything.. nah too lazy :p

I calculated the surface area to be 12.5375 square feet with uniform side slat width of 3.16" and no bottom section for the base of the handle.

So if one were to make it out of aluminum sheet metal.. using this http://www.saf.com/alumsheet.html
(assuming you only need one 36"x 96" sheet) I calculated this:

Depth   LBS/SqFt    LBS
0.040   0.564         7.071
0.063   0.889         11.15
0.090   1.274         15.97
0.125   1.764         22.12

Any ideas on what depth would be safe enough (so it won't wobble and deform)?

I calculated the weight of the DS blade section in this pic http://www.animemusicvids.com/SWORDdim(reg).png
but with the 4.37 dimension as 3.16 again for simplicity.

133.49 Lbs Solid Aluminum

366.74 Lbs Solid Stainless Steel

213.44 Lbs Solid Titanium

SexyCharlotte

Well damn, now we know just how strong Guts really is to wield that sword. There was another long thread someone on this board ( a really long one) that went into detail about the size and weight and measurements of an actual Dragonslayer as well.

LPL

Tetsuru

To whomever this may concern..

So then i order it but from where and who will make it? I dont understand!! darn this sux i really want a replica to sit around...

Tetsuru Sakaiya

SexyCharlotte

Re:Looking for dragon slayer replica(i cant read Japanese)plastic or metal..HLP

If you order it it's going to cost you 1500 US dollars. If you're serious about ordering the AOW version of the Dragonslayer send me a Private Message for the e mail of the person who can get it for you in Japan.

LPL

Out of curiousity, what is the AOW replica made from? Also are there any images?

SexyCharlotte

Correction!! Dragonslayer Replica details

The Berserk dragonslayer replica is very lightweight and balanced. The handle is made from metal and the sword shaft itself is made from vinyl. Approximately 72 inches long ( six feet in length). NOT made by AOW, sorry for that mistake there. It is an UNOFFICIAL but very good version replica made by a designer of top quality garage kits. He made one for himself and then other people began asking him to make them copies and ...voila...the Dragonslayer replica was born.

Tetsuru

Oh i see.. hmm ill get the money then we'll be in hot business!

SexyCharlotte

Yeah just think...this guy started out making one for himself but it was such a great version that he had business rolling in in no time at all. I heard he's a great model maker too. If you really want to see some pictures of this Dragonslayer I can ask my friend and I can e mail you or post a photo here.

LPL

yeah post a photo pls, im gunna create one outta ply :O

The_Fetus_Ninja

Lets go, bub!
Re:Correction!! Dragonslayer Replica details

Lady Sexy Charlotte said:
The Berserk dragonslayer replica is very lightweight and balanced. The handle is made from metal and the sword shaft itself is made from vinyl. Approximately 72 inches long ( six feet in length). NOT made by AOW, sorry for that mistake there. It is an UNOFFICIAL but very good version replica made by a designer of top quality garage kits. He made one for himself and then other people began asking him to make them copies and ...voila...the Dragonslayer replica was born.

Do you have any pictures you can post LSC?

Franz

It's a dolphin.

she hasn't been around for ages, so g/l

The_Fetus_Ninja

Lets go, bub!

now that LG is back I'm just bumping this to see if she has any pictures of the dragonslayer replica.

JIN

Yudanero...

The Replica Dragon Slayer that our Beloved Moderater Lady Charlotte speaks of is referred to as The Tune Blade. It is sold as a finished product w/ only limited assembly required. Approx. $1500.00 is the going rate, though not a common item. I have seen it once on Yahoo Japan(3 or 4 months ago actually) To ship to the states will also cost some nice change. Due to not only its size but the box it arrives in, one will be surprised as to both the height and weight of the item(roughly 25 Lbs). Given its proportions it is an impressive collectible,....but make some room!

Now I have both a picture from a seller, and the "assembly" sheet that comes w/ the Tune Blade(conveniently it has the maker's email & Tel# in Japan). Im sure its very helpful...if one understands Japanese. I unfortunatly do not know how to host an image from my PC to web. If folks are still interested I will scan Assembly Page,but still need someone to host them(it & pic) or enlighten me about hosting images.

Happy Collecting! ;D

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai

Holy fuck ass that's the sexiest thing I've ever seen... I'm getting one dammit.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...

*cries* it's...it's beatiful *more crying*

damn,

thats incredible,

if i win the 100 million dollar lottery i will buy everyone a replica ;D,

and if they dont want it, they will be a fruit,

i will make them want it >:(,

but still its awesome :D

- c