Lycanthrope leo

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
Hey for all manga experts out there. Anyone heard of Lycanthrope Leo? I bought the paperbacka long time ago and leaves a cliff hanger of an ending. I find out that Viz cancelled the series. I was wondering for any of you manga fans or experts iif this series was continued in japan? Or is it named differently? Is there a site dedicated to the series that gives a more synopsis of the series. Thanks a bunch

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Hate to say it, but your poll doesn't make much sense. As for the series, I've never heard of it, sorry.

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
Aazealh said:
Yeah, that poll was nonsensical. And I haven't heard of this series either, sorry.

Wow that is surprising. The story is written by Kengo Kaji & Art by Kenji Okamura. It is about a high school track star named Leo Takizawa who recently discovers he's a Lycanthrope Lion (or were lion) on his 15th birthday. His adoptive father notices the first metaphorsis is happening to his son and decides to kill him b/c his father is a hunter of lycanthropes and has this perverted view that he would purify his son by killing him as a human and freeing him from the beast within. His father reveals to Leo that he killed his real mother but didn't have the heart to kill Leo b/c he and his wife didn't have children of their own. Right as his father is about to kill his son, Leo out of self defense changes into a beast and kills his father.
Later in the story Leo discovers others like him and there are three factions who want him on their side or destroy him. One are the hunters which are the human side and hunts lycanthropes, the other is the protectorate who are lycanthrope radicals (mostly carnivores) who want to replace the human race and the last are the herbivore lycanthrope who want to live in peace. Obviously Leo is a carnivore he is considered the rarest and most powerful of his species but what makes him unique is that he was raised by humans and he questions the Protectorates motives in destroying the human race especially when he encounters a Lycanthrope Buffalo who becomes his mentor. Its a really good series its almost as good as Berserk and I highly recommend it so check it out. There's only one paperback so far in the states. I am trying to look for a site if they completed it in japan.

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
Aazealh said:
Sounds interesting, but it doesn't seem very popular.

It probably wasn't popular or its one of the many stories in japan that never gets done. Hopefully this weekend i'll post some of the artwork. The style is similar to Miura-san art.

Top Bottom