Marvel vs Capcom 3

The only character that I think looks a little boring right now is Spencer from Bionic commando. He just doesnt seem that interesting to me.

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
Jaze1618 said:
Yes, I was thinking about this some more and I think if anything, deadpool is probably the closest to strider while still not being a clone of strider.

If deadpool is a clone of anyone it's probably Cable

Video of Galactus and his Heralds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UWlOxXO1OM

You either fight Doom and Wesker at the same time, or Akuma and Dormammu. And they have been granted the power Cosmic from Galactus. Beat them and then it's on to the world eater himself.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Had the chance to play during the day today, and I have to say I like it. The system is just as Tatsunoko VS Capcom. For those who haven't played it, the button configuration is made by H attack, M attack and L attack. Also giving you a "special attack button". What's good? It makes the game easy to make over the top combos. The bad? It is a bit confusing. Certain moves are achieved by either H or L but not all, if you're used to separate Punches and kicks commands, it's going to take a while to get used to. It also gives you the option of having a easy or normal setting. Easy meaning, just keep hitting the same button and most combos will be performed.

The roster... Sucks. Compared to MvC2, I had higher expectations towards the number of fighters. All the characters you saw and read about are either in the initial or hidden characters. No surprises. I still haven't figured out why they would add characters such as She-Hulk or X-29 to be honest. They have their uses but there are plenty of other characters they would've chosen from. (PLEASE no more X-men and Street Fighter). I don't know if they plan of start sending out DLC's with more characters down the line, but I'm hoping.

The stages are what brought my attention the most. They truly add to the fights and I actually wanted to just stare at it. (Umbrella and Demon Village were my favorites). There's only 6-7 if my memory hasn't failed me, so I at least hope there are more to be unlocked.

Overall, if you're a fan of the franchise this one won't disappoint.

Picking the game up tomorrow.

capcom-unity.com is hosting two DLC voting topics for marvel and capcom characters respectively. Not happy with the roster? Let your voice be heard in an attempt to have more characters added to the mix.

turkitage

ターク
Nomad said:
I still haven't figured out why they would add characters such as She-Hulk or X-29 to be honest.

Agreed.

And yeah, the button config has been stated it's like Tatsunoko VS Capcom for a while now. I've only played TvC a little bit and its a weird setting to get used too.

Pretty good top tier players playing MvC3 of Nerdjosh and Marn. If anyone follows the scene or teamspooky's stream. It's pretty good stuff for street fighter iv and mvc3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPpJYQleYcM&feature=feedu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek_qqLyrO5w&feature=feedu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crx37YZB7ug&feature=feedu

Looks like we're gonna have DLC costumes for the characters:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1149813p1.html

marvel-vs-capcom-3-fate-of-two-worlds-20110215012721425_640w.jpg

Classic Thor
Classic Cap (?)
Iron Patriot

Sparda
SF1 Ryu
S.T.A.R.S. Chris

I think Capcom's way of giving us more characters will be in the form of alternate outfits like in the case of Iron Patriot and Sparda. I could easily see Gloria for Trish, and Maximo for Arthur. I'm hoping for 2099 variants for Doom and Spidey.

Game's insane btw! So addicting :isidro:

I've had MvsC3 for a few days now and I'm really enjoying it, though I'm pretty sucky at it at the moment.

At the moment I've got to say my favourite character is probably She-Hulk, even she doesn't really have much in the way of moves (though I do like her three chain super) but I've still got a lot to learn about this new system

I always end up picking characters that few people seem to like, I'm surprised I didn't pick Spencer :ganishka:

dwarfkicker said:
I think Capcom's way of giving us more characters will be in the form of alternate outfits like in the case of Iron Patriot and Sparda. I could easily see Gloria for Trish, and Maximo for Arthur. I'm hoping for 2099 variants for Doom and Spidey.

Maximo for Arthur is a genius idea! :isidro:

I hope they make Jill and Shuma Gorath available to everyone at some point though

also Galactus is worse than Apocalyse, I didn't think this was possible

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Manjou said:
I hope they make Jill and Shuma Gorath available to everyone at some point though

They already announced they will be available for DLC later after release. The million dollar question is will they have additional characters, and how many. Looots of people are hoping Capcom doesn't pull a SUPER MvC3 bs.

Yeah that would suck :puck:

If they added a substantial amount of characters I could see merit in it but bringing out all the characters as a DLC pack aswell would be a better way to go, that way it doesn't make the first game so obsolete

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Manjou said:
Yeah that would suck :puck:

If they added a substantial amount of characters I could see merit in it but bringing out all the characters as a DLC pack aswell would be a better way to go, that way it doesn't make the first game so obsolete
http://www.product-reviews.net/2011/02/17/marvel-vs-capcom-3-dlc-possible-new-characters-for-xbox-360-ps3/

yesmilord

千年王国
Anyone playing this wanna duke it out on XBL? Handle is ajinkris.

I'm currently playing Dante (A) / Sentinel (A) / Tron (B).

Cheers!

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
dwarfkicker said:
Looks like we're gonna have DLC costumes for the characters:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1149813p1.html

marvel-vs-capcom-3-fate-of-two-worlds-20110215012721425_640w.jpg

Classic Thor
Classic Cap (?)
Iron Patriot

Sparda
SF1 Ryu
S.T.A.R.S. Chris

2099 Doom is already alsmot there, as one of Victor's four alternate costumes.

I had no idea when I got this game it would be consuming so much of my free time. It's such a fun play.
Dante is WAY over used but is fairly easy to anticipate. Sentinel is so overpowered it's not even funny. Capcom needs to nerf him asap. If I'm able to get close, he doesn't stand a chance but he's got a million moves (that are easily performed) to keep you on the other side of the screen. Chip damage ahoy. Ugh. I don't know who's worse Sentinel or Zero.
(My nightmare adversaries: Dante, Sentinel, Zero)

Can someone pretty please tell me how to block/counter a team air combo? I'm read the manual and am missing something.

I suggest watching some YouTube tutorials. Some REALLY helpful and insightful things can be learned.

Proj2501 on PS3. Let's fight. My team's Morrigan, Akuma and Chun-li.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Proj2501 said:
Can someone pretty please tell me how to block/counter a team air combo? I'm read the manual and am missing something.

When in process of receiving a lovely air combos, the moment they flash (meaning a team member will assist and carry on the gangbang) hit the special button and up. If you do it at the right time it will knock your opponent preventing them to achieve complete gangbang combo.

Thanks Nomad. Woke up early and figured it out this morning. However, sometimes your opponent will want to pummel you downwards for an extra power level to execute a hyper combo. You have to guess in which direction the attack is going to send you. Which means, blocking said gangbangs is partially random.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Proj2501 said:
Thanks Nomad. Woke up early and figured it out this morning. However, sometimes your opponent will want to pummel you downwards for an extra power level to execute a hyper combo. You have to guess in which direction the attack is going to send you. Which means, blocking said gangbangs is partially random.
There's different ways to avoid them, however... They don't always work. Timing is key, and because the gameplay is so fast, it's tricky getting the hang of it. This game is fun, however... My experience with it is just as same as any other. Some player truly wants to test themselves against other opponents, while most just tend to spam cheap tricks just to get a win. My one problem with this is the 99 second time limit. Sometimes it's just not enough. A lot of turtles as they are referred, will normally find a way to hit you and milk the clock all the way to the end. I don't mind characters that are over powered, but I do mind the lack of spectator mode. In a room of 6 looking two "cards" banging each other while a fight goes on is just depressing. I am aware the Capcom said they were changing that... But still. This was something that shouldn't even be an issue to begin with.

I play MvC3 and I love it. I don't play online that much unless I am with a group. Proj, I added you in my list and hit me up if you want to spar. I'm either there or on SSF4.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Proj2501 said:
Hey man. I added you. Let's game tonight around 8pm EMT?
I normally start around 9pm central time. Before that it's Nomad and Wifey time lol. If I see you I'll hit you up. Go easy on the old timer ;)

Hey man. When did we play? Last night right? Sorry I bailed. I was drunk and had to be up at 8am for work the following morning. So playing games at near 3am wasn't the best idea. I demand a sober game asap!

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Proj2501 said:
Hey man. When did we play? Last night right? Sorry I bailed. I was drunk and had to be up at 8am for work the following morning. So playing games at near 3am wasn't the best idea. I demand a sober game asap!
Heh... Yeah you were acting... Strange =p. Well, like I said I normally am up after 9-10 central time. Though tonight I want to play the new ME2 DLC, but we'll see. Drunk or not, you whooped my ass a couple of times.

Top Bottom