Mass Effect 2

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Keep in mind, we aren't going to discuss plot or character details until well after the game's release. I'll say it again:

DISCUSSION OF THE PROMOTIONAL VIDEOS RELEASED BY BIOWARE ARE NOT FAIR GAME. They contain details some of us here would rather not know before playing the game. Like, say, half identities of the playable characters.

A new Mass Effect 2 prequel novel, Mass Effect: Retribution, was recently announced, written by Drew Karpyshyn. (click for spoilerific details: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177604). It will continue the story of Paul Grayson and the Illusive Man, but is apparently backstory for ME2. It's set to come out in July, several months after ME2 is released.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
From Kotaku: "yesterday, via Twitter, the studio indicated there will be launch-day DLC and it won't cost anything."

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Holy shit. I was watching the season premiere for 24 on Fox and they had 1 2 3 15-second Mass Effect 2 ads. :isidro:

BioWare sure is bringing this thing to the masses.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Holy shit. I was watching the season premiere for 24 on Fox and they had 1 2 3 15-second Mass Effect 2 ads. :isidro:

BioWare sure is bringing this thing to the masses.

Mass Effect 2 is serious business! Main Sci-Fi event of the year! :badbone:

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Hi everyone. My name's Saephon and I am now officially a part of the club. I just beat Mass Effect for the first time. :farnese: Played as a Paragon Vanguard, ended up at level 41. Just like most people say, once you get past the steep learning curve (which usually means installing it, playing for an hour, then trying again a month later :ganishka:), you fall in love with it. God, this game is good....so glad I finished with a week to spare before the sequel.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Saephon said:
Hi everyone. My name's Saephon and I am now officially a part of the club. I just beat Mass Effect for the first time. :farnese: Played as a Paragon Vanguard, ended up at level 41. Just like most people say, once you get past the steep learning curve (which usually means installing it, playing for an hour, then trying again a month later :ganishka:), you fall in love with it. God, this game is good....so glad I finished with a week to spare before the sequel.
:ubik:
That's good Saephon! Now just wait for more awesome story and gameplay and whatever we will see in ME2.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Saephon said:
Hi everyone. My name's Saephon and I am now officially a part of the club. I just beat Mass Effect for the first time. :farnese:

"And He saw all this sparkling in the heavens, that it was good, and He was pleased."

Носферату said:
Hehe, liked the first ME quite a bit, ended with a Renegade Vanguard. :guts:

Decided to order ME2, now to play the waiting game.

Good man. The time is near!

Saephon

I'm actually wondering if I should attempt to play a New Game+ to get a higher level, and maybe finalize some decisions for the save that I'll import to ME2...I've tried really hard not to spoil myself with any info on the next game though, so I'm wondering if it's worth it. Plus, yeah, I have less than six days now :serpico:

Saephon said:
I'm actually wondering if I should attempt to play a New Game+ to get a higher level, and maybe finalize some decisions for the save that I'll import to ME2...I've tried really hard not to spoil myself with any info on the next game though, so I'm wondering if it's worth it. Plus, yeah, I have less than six days now :serpico:

You should really do a replay with the same character. :carcus:
(You can solve some quests by just intimidating the poor guys)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-2-Explicit/dp/B0031CSCS6

The full, two-disc soundtrack by Jack Wall is on sale now. POTENTIAL SPOILERS within the track titles though, so be warned.

Comments about the track titles will not be tolerated. :femto:

I was just this evening at a special event in Paris for the launch of Mass Effect 2.

Can't say many things until the release date, but I can tell you it will seriously be awesome, more than the first...

one link

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/videos_editeurs/0002/00025812/mass_effect_2_f1q1.htm#containerlienVoirDirectementlaVideo

( sorry there are french subs )

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Big spoilers in above vid. Beware.

From here on out, I'm going to maintain radio silence until the game's release less than five days from now.

I read somewhere that even if you don't have an ME1 saved file but you beat the game, you can go through a short Q&A regarding the major decisions you made in ME1. This is good news for me because I beat ME1 a long time ago and I did not back up my saved file D:

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
If any of you were like me and had trouble pre-loading the game on Steam, a recent update has fixed the issue. Pre-loading now available!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Scorpio said:
If any of you were like me and had trouble pre-loading the game on Steam, a recent update has fixed the issue. Pre-loading now available!
Sweet! Thanks for the update. :ubik:

Saephon

It is done. I may have gotten nothing productive accomplished this week, but it is done. Shepard is level 60 and ready for action. :badbone: Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go take a walk while the butt-shaped dent in my chair fades away.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hollywood is interested in making a Mass Effect film, but BioWare's take on it is reassuring:

http://kotaku.com/5455307/bioware-hollywood-very-interested-in-mass-effect-film
"Obviously we have a tremendous amount of interest from people in Hollywood to make a major motion picture about 'Mass Effect,'" Hudson told the MTV Movies Blog. "The most important thing for us is, we don't just want to see a movie get made. We want to see a great movie get made, if it's going to get done at all."

In another note, Jeff Green of EA has this advice for ME1 players on Steam importing their save to ME2:

Just don't forget to run the Configure Game utility before trying to import the Steam save. You need to click option to copy over the saves.
Doesn't make much sense now, but I'm sure that'll come in handy once we have access to the game.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Mass Effect 2 got a 9.6 on ign. To put that into perspective Bayonetta got a 9.5, Batman Arkham Asylum got a 9.3 and Uncharted 2 got a 9.5. It's getting great reviews, as we knew it would :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Mass Effect 2 got a 9.6 on ign. To put that into perspective Bayonetta got a 9.5, Batman Arkham Asylum got a 9.3 and Uncharted 2 got a 9.5. It's getting great reviews, as we knew it would :guts:

As expected. Game of the year! :badbone:

Top Bottom