Mass Effect 2

Happy Walter brought it up...
I had more of a touching moment with Wrex than I did with Liara. My meeting with Wrex brought up how we got 'this' close to shooting each other on the beach. During the time with Liara I kept waiting for her to shed a tear and say how sorry she is for her decision.

Honestly though, Bioware maybe went too realistic. Just because Shepard keeps a picture of her doesn't mean she does of him. He's been 'dead' for two years. She's had to move on. Sad but true. He woke up, thought , "Where's my girl at?" Moved on...that's where buddy.

This is how I handled the entire situation...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2jAwiq6YsE
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
That's incongruent, Proj.
She opens the scene by kissing Shepard on the lips. Clearly she hasn't moved on either. Not to mention she's focused on revenge partially because of the Shadow Broker trying to get his hands on Shepard's remains.
 
Guess it's open to interpretation.
She's moved on enough to not join Shepard. At least not for *this* mission.

*Edit* Just finished it. Now, may we begin the countdown to Mass Effect 3?!

There's SO many reasons to replay this puppy. Good lord.

Yo Aaz. Thanks for making me get into this series. Cheers.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Im about 20 hours in, my lv 21 Vanguard finally has Barrier, but Im tempted to use Reave instead :void: . I appreciate how open the middle portion of the game is, allowing you to recruit whatever characters you want and choose when to pursue the individual character stories. It shows what BioWare learned from ME1: the side missions were only memorable when they dealt with a specific character.

Has anyone bothered wearing the alternate armors? Some of the stat bonuses are tempting, but I can't stand that they force you to wear a helmet. Half the game is dialogue driven, so watching a static helmet spout words isn't exactly compelling.
 

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Beat it last night. Am seriously depressed now that I have to wait for ME3. I think I'm going to replay the game right away, but part of me fears it could keep me busy indefinitely when there are so many old and upcoming things to play. Oh well! :badbone:

By the way, the amount of decisions/possible outcomes for the end of the game is staggering. I've never been so tense while making decisions in a video game before. That's probably my favorite thing BioWare did with this game.
 
Walter said:
Has anyone bothered wearing the alternate armors? Some of the stat bonuses are tempting, but I can't stand that they force you to wear a helmet. Half the game is dialogue driven, so watching a static helmet spout words isn't exactly compelling.
I did. I loved the Terminus armor, but couldn't stand that I was unable to take the mask off. I later abandoned it for various in game armor that I purchased in game. Anyways, Shepard looks totally sci-fi while Fortication is on. :carcus:

Walter said:
Im about 20 hours in, my lv 21 Vanguard finally has Barrier, but Im tempted to use Reave instead :void:
Ah man, Slam is the coolest.

Saephon said:
I've never been so tense while making decisions in a video game before.
I agree. I thought the decision making in Mass Effect was intense...

My second run through I'm going to make sure I explore and scan every planet in game. Find me some element zero.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I've got 10 leftover Dr. Pepper codes up for grabs to the first four members who post Liara Love poems. These can be haiku, sonnet, whatever. Just make it worthwhile or funny! :daiba:

The reason Im only giving them to four members is because Ive used about 3 of the codes, but Im not sure which ones... So its really only 7 open codes... and you guys get to be lab rats to see which ones are winners... Yaaaay!
 
Walter said:
Has anyone bothered wearing the alternate armors? Some of the stat bonuses are tempting, but I can't stand that they force you to wear a helmet. Half the game is dialogue driven, so watching a static helmet spout words isn't exactly compelling.
Liara spoilers (you can read it Walter):
You're lucky you weren't wearing the Collectors' Armor while meeting Liara for the first time. She kissed the helmet.
 
Walter said:
I've got 10 leftover Dr. Pepper codes up for grabs to the first four members who post Liara Love poems. These can be haiku, sonnet, whatever. Just make it worthwhile or funny! :daiba:
Liara my love.
A Thresher Maw I would slay.
To hold you this day.

:slan:

*Edit*
My prize.

Thanks Walter!
 

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Meh at large.
Blue is the color of your skin
Grey the color of your eyes
Yet it is your bossom that entices me most
Liara the queen of the Asari sex gods
No Matriarch you are
So far I will go from thee.
 
Shane said:
About as much as my photo of Tali :farnese:
Oh man. Why did I say Tali? I meant Ashley >_<

Walter said:
Has anyone bothered wearing the alternate armors? Some of the stat bonuses are tempting, but I can't stand that they force you to wear a helmet. Half the game is dialogue driven, so watching a static helmet spout words isn't exactly compelling.
I tried the terminus armour out for a while but I can't stand the forced helmets. I went helmetless for most of the game (plus N7 armor looks badass enough). I would have worn the visor if it looked more like Garrus'.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Quote of the day for me in ME2, spoilers for Tali character mission
*said in haughty British accent* "I am proud of the Qwib-Qwib."
:ganishka:

This is an awesome portion of the game.
 
Just finished it.
I love the choices you have to make in the last portion of the game, it all really got me thinking.

Damn, the songs really kicked ass, especially the one playing at the end credits. I loved Legion, his reaction when you ask him about the N7 suit is awesome. At first, I really prefered ME1's characters, but the new guys' development is really well done throughout the game, the romances were pretty cool too.

I did miss driving around, a new Mako would be appreciated as a DLC. I also thought we would be able to walk around the Presidium some more...
 
Eluvei said:
Just finished it.
I love the choices you have to make in the last portion of the game, it all really got me thinking.

Damn, the songs really kicked ass, especially the one playing at the end credits. I loved Legion, his reaction when you ask him about the N7 suit is awesome. At first, I really prefered ME1's characters, but the new guys' development is really well done throughout the game, the romances were pretty cool too.

I did miss driving around, a new Mako would be appreciated as a DLC. I also thought we would be able to walk around the Presidium some more...
In response: SPOILERS AHOY!

I also wanted to revisit older places in the Presidium. Maybe for DLC? I kind of doubt it though.

I absolutely loved the ambiguity of Legion's answer in response to the N7 armor line of questioning. I squinted at the screen and made an unsure face.

"I don't know about Legion..."

Random: Whenever Thane had a flashback, I kept questioning his sanity... Then he explained that's how his species remember things. I was hoping he was kind of cuckoo for coco puffs.

This new squad seems so ripe with potential. I keep hoping the DLC will be something special. Something massive. If the game was any indication the DLC will be worth the $. New loyalty missions for the squad again!!! :guts:
 
Lots of ending spoilers ahead.

Proj2501 said:
Random: Whenever Thane had a flashback, I kept questioning his sanity... Then he explained that's how his species remember things. I was hoping he was kind of cuckoo for coco puffs.
Haha, those flashbacks made the screen so bright at times that we could see his green pupil, it was kinda scary. What an amazingly developed character. All of them, really. If you think about it, most of the character missions had to do with family issues (Miranda's sister, Thane's son, Grunt finding a clan, Jacob's dad, Samara/Morinth, Tali's flotilla...), I really liked it. I also felt Garrus' mission was a lot similar to his mission on ME1, but on a much larger scale, which was pretty sweet too.

Proj2501 said:
This new squad seems so ripe with potential. I keep hoping the DLC will be something special. Something massive. If the game was any indication the DLC will be worth the $. New loyalty missions for the squad again!!! :guts:
I wonder if any ME2 character will be playable on ME3, considering that all of them can die on the last mission (can anyone confirm if this is true?). Imagine how awesome it would be to have Legion and Wrex on the same team...
:guts:
 

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
I sincerely hope most if not all the same characters are playable in ME3. I really liked this squad, though it's both a blessing and a curse that there are so many to choose from.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think for ME3, it'd only make sense for you to be able to pick among teammates recruited across BOTH games. What's Liara's excuse going to be when the final battle rears its head? "Oh, Shepard. I can't help you fight the Reapers. I've gotta... collect information..." :schierke: (Yes, I am bitter about that).
 

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
How would you guys feel if ME3 ended up being an MMO? Sure sure, my question is a bit of :troll: BUT it seems to be the trend.

I am still irrate that I haven't played the first one... one of these days... one of these days! :judo:
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Needless to say, ME3 won't be an MMO. And I'd prefer it if that genre kept its greedy, sweaty hands off my Mass Effect. :femto:
 
Top Bottom