Mass Effect 2

Oburi

All praise Grail
Wow I don't if i should say finally! or already? Either way this is pretty cool.
I must say though "Last Stand-
Survive all five waves in the battle for Object Rho" reminds me of Pinnacle Station but I'm sure there's going to be more to it than that. After all, didn't they say it will connect the two games?

So can anyone with a ps3 tell me how long it takes between trophies going up and DLC coming out?
 

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Oburi said:
So can anyone with a ps3 tell me how long it takes between trophies going up and DLC coming out?
Until now, this was just an "oops" therefor there are no "hints" of release date of any kind. The producer of ME2 posted in the forums that they just were not aware it was going to show "now we know". Also pointed out that as soon as the marketing department gave them the "green light" he will give details about the DLC.
 
Sorry to revive an older thread, but I just wanted to say I joined in the Mass Effect boat recently, partly thanks to Aazealh's current forum icon.

A friend was telling me about Bio-Ware, and I told him I'd check out a game sometime since I thought he had good tastes. Browsing through my options, I recognized the same "N7" image and got pretty curious.

I don't like shooters, and I don't really like Science Fiction, but the demo somehow drew me in. Somehow. Jumping into the full game, I was in the middle of recruiting my second round of crewmembers when I realized I wasn't satisfied with missing all the references to the first one.

So after some (occassionally aggravating... I'm a damn Mako driving master now among other little nitpicks) 25+ hours of the first one, I imported my character over to start over in the second one = new Mass Effect fan.

And I'm just now finding this thread. By the way, thanks Aaz! Your mysterious icon tipped it in ME's favor over Dragon Age (which is probably next while I wait on ME3, hohohoho)
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
spineylamb said:
And I'm just now finding this thread. By the way, thanks Aaz! Your mysterious icon tipped it in ME's favor over Dragon Age (which is probably next while I wait on ME3, hohohoho)
No problem, glad you're having a good time!
 

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Sooo.. The last DLC The Arrival just came out. If anyone here gets it, I'd appreciate some feedback.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nomad said:
Sooo.. The last DLC The Arrival just came out. If anyone here gets it, I'd appreciate some feedback.
I just finished it. Took about 2 hours total. I found it pretty inconsequential for a mission that advertises itself as being about the "imminent Reaper invasion." I rate it just below Overlord for the overall quality of the mission. It features two set pieces for the action, and both are relatively generic. Nothing special going on here, aside from a brief out-of-body experience that provides a laugh. The plot itself is almost completely self-contained, and utterly predictable for anyone familiar with the ME universe, which is I suppose, their target audience. I can see perhaps a small scene in ME3's opening moments that deal with the consequences of the mission's inevitable outcome, but that's about it.

This was clearly a B-team effort, containing such puzzling lines of dialogue as:

Hackett: "She found evidence of an impending Reaper invasion."
Shepard: "...So why call me?" :schierke:
...
Hackett: "And you concluded that the Reapers were a threat?"
Shepard: "Absolutely." :mozgus:

Perhaps the only big surprise here was a last-minute appearance by Admiral Hackett in person, sporting what looks to be a much denser character model with a much higher quality texture. Comparing him to Shepard's model during their conversation shows off the differences in exaggerated fashion. I attempted a screen shot but my computer wasn't cooperating, sorry. The significance of this is only that this could be a sneak-peak at what to expect from the graphical enhancements in ME3. If they're giving all main characters this treatment, it's going to be a gorgeous game.
 

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Walter said:
I just finished it. Took about 2 hours total. I found it pretty inconsequential for a mission that advertises itself as being about the "imminent Reaper invasion." I rate it just below Overlord for the overall quality of the mission. It features two set pieces for the action, and both are relatively generic. Nothing special going on here, aside from a brief out-of-body experience that provides a laugh. The plot itself is almost completely self-contained, and utterly predictable for anyone familiar with the ME universe, which is I suppose, their target audience. I can see perhaps a small scene in ME3's opening moments that deal with the consequences of the mission's inevitable outcome, but that's about it.

This was clearly a B-team effort, containing such puzzling lines of dialogue as:

Hackett: "She found evidence of an impending Reaper invasion."
Shepard: "...So why call me?" :schierke:
...
Hackett: "And you concluded that the Reapers were a threat?"
Shepard: "Absolutely." :mozgus:

Perhaps the only big surprise here was a last-minute appearance by Admiral Hackett in person, sporting what looks to be a much denser character model with a much higher quality texture. Comparing him to Shepard's model during their conversation shows off the differences in exaggerated fashion. I attempted a screen shot but my computer wasn't cooperating, sorry. The significance of this is only that this could be a sneak-peak at what to expect from the graphical enhancements in ME3. If they're giving all main characters this treatment, it's going to be a gorgeous game.
Thanks for the "heads up". I'm very concerned that ME3 does turn out like DA2. Granted, ME2 was short on certain elements, I don't want that to get worst. Either way if it's close to Overlord I'll buy it.
 

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Just finished it myself. It wasn't bad. You know, for these DLCs I wish they'd at least record a couple new lines for the other characters. It felt a bit cheap at times in that respect. All the times Sheppard radioed Joker, I thought, "he's gonna get cut off."
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Nomad said:
I'm very concerned that ME3 does turn out like DA2. Granted, ME2 was short on certain elements, I don't want that to get worst.
I'm not too concerned. DA2 was DA:O's team trying to imitate what the ME team did with ME2. The ME team isn't going to try and follow the example of someone following their own example in the first place. I rather expect ME3 to be in between ME1 and ME2 in terms of streamlining. Trying to get it right by fusing the best of the two games together.

I'm more worried about the story and overall treatment of the plot. That's where things could go bad.
 

Oburi

All praise Grail
I agree with everything Walter said. I was really dissapointed. Everything just seemed off.

Gobolatula said:
Just finished it myself. It wasn't bad. You know, for these DLCs I wish they'd at least record a couple new lines for the other characters. It felt a bit cheap at times in that respect. All the times Sheppard radioed Joker, I thought, "he's gonna get cut off."
Yea they obviously didn't get any of the voice actors back to do some work. Even when you run into the cockpit and see Joker... he dosn't say anything. Weak.
 

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Trying not to let my emotions get the best of me but...damn has BioWare let me down this month.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I dunno, I think I've changed my tune on Arrival, in light of the current situation. I've concluded that it's probably the best DLC released so far for the series. Everyone should try it.
 

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Glad to see the switch went through. 'Bout time the site focused on a much more relevant piece of fiction.
 
Top Bottom