Mass Effect 2

Oburi

All praise Grail
You guys I'm pissing my pants in anticipation for this. By midnight tonight I'll have my reserved copy. All day, well all month really, I have been annoying my fellow gamer friends about this title. I'm just so anxious, and the fact that it's being called the science fiction epic of our time, an impact of a sequel which hasn't been experienced since The Empire Strikes Back was released many years ago, is just overwhelming. Nothing can ruin this day for me, nothing!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Metacritic score of 9.6 after 6 reviews. It already has 2 100s and a handful of mid-90s. The lowest score is 90. I expect a flood of them tonight after the midnight embargo breaks on them.

I'm envious of you and your midnight release, Oburi! Steam won't have the game unlocked until ~ 5 p.m. tomorrow. :judo: But I took Tues-Wed off so Id have a chance to really sink my teeth into it, uninterrupted. I suppose that Tuesday afternoon will be spent rigging the tubing devices that will enable me to play ME2 from start to completion without having to get up to pee or grab food. :troll:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Walter said:
I'm envious of you and your midnight release, Oburi!

I'll try not to rub it in or post anything that will make you hate me, but yes by midnight tonight I'll be retrieving my copy and swiftly heading back home for a short 10 minute ride, then it's game time. I doubt I'll be sleeping for a while, and I don't go back to work until friday.

I'll let you know how it is :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It's pretty obvious at this point, but I honestly can't recall a time I was more excited for a game's release. Maybe Half-Life 2?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
To think I'm the one who'll have to wait the longest... I hate you all!

Walter said:
It's pretty obvious at this point, but I honestly can't recall a time I was more excited for a game's release. Maybe Half-Life 2?

Zelda 3 here I think.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Picking up my copy at midnight as well, then grabbing some takeout pizza from my favorite late night place. I'm taking tomorrow off and not going to bed. :guts: I wish you all a speedy and problem-free acquisition of your copies. I'm positive this game's gonna rock.

Edited for brief update: *drool* :slan:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea I promise not to make any posts on the game until everyone else here has played it, but let me just say after a few hours of play it somehow managed to be even better than I excepted. Just the fact that you can load your data from the first game was the coolest thing I've seen since you could load the data from Suikoden 1 to the sequel. Everything about this game is amazing. I'm blown away.

ok I'll stop now.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The BioWare store has been restocked with new merchandise. http://biowarestore.com/

I bought a N7 cap and N7 black T-shirt. Happy ME2 day, everyone! This is like a second Christmas :ubik:

Happy me 2 day to you too Walter! Btw so far the game is kicking ass if i didnt have so much work to do i would take a day or two off.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Oburi said:
Yea I promise not to make any posts on the game until everyone else here has played it, but let me just say after a few hours of play it somehow managed to be even better than I excepted. Just the fact that you can load your data from the first game was the coolest thing I've seen since you could load the data from Suikoden 1 to the sequel. Everything about this game is amazing. I'm blown away.

ok I'll stop now.

You could do that with Shenmue 2. Oh Dreamcast, i miss you so.

As for ME2, i wanna play it. But i don't have the nerve anymore to invest loads of time in a single player game, specially if it's not my kind of game (self-important epic stuff is not my thing). It just makes me feel pathetic.
And i only saw a friend play the first one, some things bothered me in that game, but it seems most (if not all) of those are resolved in the sequel. Nevertheless, not having played the ME1, probably i wouldn't enjoy this sequel as much.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
NightCrawler said:
You could do that with Shenmue 2. Oh Dreamcast, i miss you so.

As for ME2, i wanna play it. But i don't have the nerve anymore to invest loads of time in a single player game, specially if it's not my kind of game (self-important epic stuff is not my thing). It just makes me feel pathetic.
And i only saw a friend play the first one, some things bothered me in that game, but it seems most (if not all) of those are resolved in the sequel. Nevertheless, not having played the ME1, probably i wouldn't enjoy this sequel as much.

The first game is pretty cheap nowadays, so you can start playing that and not spend too much. And if you like it, then purchase ME2. I think is one of the games that shouldn't be missed to play at least once.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Snack food: monster trail mix
Drink: Dr. Pepper 20 oz with Shepard on the bottle
Pizza: Delivery dude en route to my front door
Phone: Off
Mass Effect 2: Decrypting

T-minus 10 minutes to a nerdgasm.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Ughhhh....must resist urge to start talking about my thoughts on the game. Why am I on SK.net instead of playing?! :magni: But yeah, I share Oburi's feelings above. The past 15 hours have been pure nerd bliss, not excluding my little nap I just woke up from.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Saephon said:
Ughhhh....must resist urge to start talking about my thoughts on the game.
Yes, please continue resisting. Or else :mozgus:

Im about an hour in, but Im pacing myself. I dont want to blow through the whole game too quickly.

So far so...FUCKING AWESOME! :ubik: It's really a treat to play. Technically speaking, it runs as smooth as butter.

I had some DLC issues but sorted them out.

One DLC won't be available until Wed or Thurs of this week. Go to IGN to see what I'm talking about. I'm trying to remain mum on any details here guys. Otherwise Walter will Perma-ban me and Aaz will block me on AIM. :farnese:

Oburi

All praise Grail
There is a lot of DLC right now, and it's all free. I manged to get the code from my pre-order with gamestop so I didn't have any issues there, and I when I looked online today it seems there were a few more things that I could get, for free! Anyone know how long this will last? I just got
the Normandy Crash Site
and Zaeed, price of revenge missions.
I am very surprised they are giving these away.

"So much content" *wipes drool*

Sucks to be a big Mass Effect fan when Amazon tell you that your pre-order ain't coming until Monday. Thanks, Amazon for fucking up, again. (Sorry, had to vent somewhere, and it had to be here). Enjoy the game, guys. :puck:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Henry Spencer said:
Sucks to be a big Mass Effect fan when Amazon tell you that your pre-order ain't coming until Monday. Thanks, Amazon for fucking up, again. (Sorry, had to vent somewhere, and it had to be here). Enjoy the game, guys. :puck:

Ouch, sorry to hear that bro. I wouldn't have trusted something this important with amazon. I don't want to speak for the admins but I'm sure a little venting is fine because as we all know, monday is a long time to wait to play this title.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
As long as there's no character, story surprise details in there, or even a HINT at them, I don't think there will be a problem.

Im about 8 hours in myself.

Same here
Walter said:
Im about 8 hours in myself.
Same here.

Gas prices seem more reasonable in space btw... :ganishka:

Anyone see the
space chimp
yet on the new DLC level?
Also I got to witness
Shepard navigate the hallways in the Normandy under the influence.

Top Bottom