Media Blasters Remastering Berserk

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
pippin22 said:
Will the box art be hot?

Here's what they have up on Amazon.com and Rightstuf.com.

61qipzmn4clss500xu1.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Here's what they have up on Amazon.com and Rightstuf.com.

A side note, but they really should have kept the previous artwork, the one that was from the Japanese box! This new one's not even from Miura, and even putting those considerations aside, it's still clearly inferior.

So if you're looking to purchase this at say, a Best Buy -they will not carry it in the store or warehouse. So it's a .com item only from that retail store.

Just so y'all know.

S

synchg

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I noticed it was out of stock everywhere, so I figured the release date must've been pushed back. Thanks for the update, synchg.

synchg said:
JUST SO YOU KNOW
3/10/2009

UGH. I found this out about a week ago but I didn't have the heart to tell you guys. I'm very upset about this whole thing too. It was out of my control. It's ridiculous because the discs are basically ready. The set could theoretically ship in a week or so, but for some reason since it missed the original street date, the sales department decided to push it back 3 months. I know it doesn't make much sense, but according to a coworker, the stores will be receiving shipments much earlier than March (like maybe even this month), and depending on the retailer, they might just ship it out as they get them (or put it on the store shelves if the employees don't know any better).

So, let's hope that happens, because I have like 4 family members that I was supposed to get the set for for 'Xmas!!!

Aazealh said:
A side note, but they really should have kept the previous artwork, the one that was from the Japanese box! This new one's not even from Miura, and even putting those considerations aside, it's still clearly inferior.

Wow, I am pretty surprised that the artwork disagrees with so many of you. Admittedly, the packaging design was a pretty quick job... because you all must keep in mind, that this is a budget release. We also could have changed the disc/episode distribution, but we kept it 5, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4 so people that do have the original Box of War set can just swap out the discs. Of course, the original Box of War is a very beautiful well designed set, and actually the person who designed that box is the same person that designed the Brick collection, and this new remastered release. She's also a big Berserk fan as well... But on behalf of her and the rest of the company, I apologize that you guys hate the cover art that much. I wish I could have known before hand so I could have tried to get it changed...

S

synchg

Great, but can we now get questions answered on other technical aspects of the release, please?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
DirectDK said:
But on behalf of her and the rest of the company, I apologize that you guys hate the cover art that much. I wish I could have known before hand so I could have tried to get it changed...

No worries man. I don't hate the cover, I just preferred the previous one, that's all.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
She's also a big Berserk fan as well... But on behalf of her and the rest of the company, I apologize that you guys hate the cover art that much. I wish I could have known before hand so I could have tried to get it changed...

Don't sweat it my friend. It's like Rhombaad said, personally I liked the old artwork better but it's not like this new one makes my eyes bleed.

Good news folks!

The new Berserk DVD set arrived in my office today. It's all done replicating, and the warehouse is ready to ship out. In other words, it's possible that Amazon and the likes of already have received their DVDs and if they don't pay attention to street dates, they could ship out the DVDs to you as soon as tomorrow!!!

Oh, and in regards to the cover art, I know people have discussed their displeasure with it already, but I asked the art designer who made the cover and she told me the only Miura art that MB has and is allowed to use is the one that was on the Brick Collection. And obviously, we can't use the same cover twice for a re-release of this magnitude. It will confuse buyers and it won't stand out at all. Also, the Japanese R2 release of the DVD Box Set features this cover art on the inside flap. Essentially all the art used in this new remastered release, is the same art that the R2 DVDs used (disc art included). Just letting you know why this cover art was chosen...

Anyhow, let me know if you guys get shipping confirmations at all. I'm really hoping people will get their DVDs soon enough!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Oh, and in regards to the cover art, I know people have discussed their displeasure with it already, but I asked the art designer who made the cover and she told me the only Miura art that MB has and is allowed to use is the one that was on the Brick Collection. And obviously, we can't use the same cover twice for a re-release of this magnitude. It will confuse buyers and it won't stand out at all.

Well it's the only art he did for the animated series anyway. And yeah, it was clear from the beginning (at least to me) that the new cover was just for the sake of doing something different that would discriminate the new release from the old one. It's understandable regardless of one's personal dislike of the artwork.

DirectDK said:
Also, the Japanese R2 release of the DVD Box Set features this cover art on the inside flap.

Indeed.

AnimeDVDCoverJP.jpg

I still don't like it though.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
DirectDK said:
The new Berserk DVD set arrived in my office today. It's all done replicating, and the warehouse is ready to ship out. In other words, it's possible that Amazon and the likes of already have received their DVDs and if they don't pay attention to street dates, they could ship out the DVDs to you as soon as tomorrow!!!

That's great news, I hope it works out that way. I just ordered mine today now that I actually have an income again. :serpico:

Yo yo!

So it looks like bestbuy.com, buy.com, and rightstuf.com have been shipping their Berserk sets! I haven't heard confirmation from amazon yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are! Anyone get a shipping notice yet?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I recently had to cancel my order until I get my next pay check. I hadn't received anything up until then, and that was about a week ago.

Hi,

I signed up here just tho thank you for your hard work DirectDK on the remastered box set. When I first heard about this last year I ordered it right away, unfortunately it got delayed by the time around Christmas and I had to wait a while but I wasn't in a hurry so it didn't really matter all that much to me, I just left the order as it was (no canceling). And I received a notice on February the 2nd that my order was being shipped, so that was some great news and very early as well. When the package was first handed to me I thought there was some mistake and they gave me the wrong dvds, actually I thought there was just one dvd in there instead of six, I am saying this because the package was really flat like a regular dvd case. when I removed the packing it was the BERSERK remastered set, I guess I thought the box would actually be a box since the shop called it "Berserk Complete Collection Remastered DVD box set", well it was just a regular dvd case where they somehow managed tho fit 6 dvds in, which is fine with me. It takes less space then "the box of war" and doesn't look all that bad in my opinion in fact I prefer this over an oversized box. I own the remastered set for a while now and I must hand it to you it does looks better than the R2J, I am really glad I got this, since I am a huge Berserk fan for years and it does looks great on a Full HD TV/HD TV. So yes I could say that I am very pleased with this. And thanks again for everybody that was involved In this sweet project.

Cheers

And besides all that this seems like a really nice community, hi everybody.

Welcome to the boards FujiSan!!! I'm so happy you are pleased with it!!! I am prepared to have stones thrown at me, because I know someone out there always has something negative to say, but I'm relieved that the first review I've heard about the DVDs is a good one. :serpico:

BTW, which website did you order from?

Don't mention it, there's nothing to bitch about with this release, I bought good stuff for my money, the feeling really was the opposite from being disappointed. And thanks for welcoming me to the boards, I still have a hard time finding my way around here, but time will tell, that I am sure. :guts:

The web shop where I placed my order was archonia.com, they're a small company that deals in R1 animes, manga and some merchandise, they're located in Belgium, since I live in the Netherlands the shipping only takes 2 or 3 days to deliver to my house, which is a lot faster than ordering outside Europe.

At any rate it's awesome that you worked on such a project as big as this one and you're a great addition to SK.net in my opinion.

Cheers

Hey,

I was wondering if this set will be cropped in order for it to have a widescreen aspect ratio. Does anyone know these details? As for the set itself, what style of packaging will it be?

Thanks.

The Swine said:
Hey,

I was wondering if this set will be cropped in order for it to have a widescreen aspect ratio.

No worries the set Is not cropped Its presented In fullscreen not widescreen. As for the box art check out the pics by clicking on them.

Hi there every one!! This is my first post after trying to register in this page for at least 1 month, I subscribed to thank you DirectDK very much for making this effort on giving this series a face lift =). The bad thing is that I still haven't received my box set yet, but for the price I paid I can't complain. Thank you again and I'll see everyone later.

Top Bottom