Miura fan mail

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This is something Ive been thinking about for a while, but I only now remembered to post it. Wouldnt it be cool to send Kentarou Miura some fan mail? Just a nice pat on the back and tell him how utterly obcessed we are with his series. I really do wonder if the japanese fans are nearly as hardcore about the series as we are. We have a regular community established here, I think we have something 'special' and larger in scale than most other series. However...the biggest problem here is:

"Hey come visit us and talk on our BBS @ skullknight.net !! " Miura click click clicks and....WHA! Pir8!!!!
pirate.jpg

You catch my drift. Thoughts?

ALso, how does a "lets all meet and have lunch with Kentarou Miura one day" plan sound? If anything I would like to meet more than a few of you in person one day, perhaps at an anime convention?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I’ve been looking for an E-mail address where I could reach Miura for months (like at manga artist/writer databases), but there isn’t much info out there on him.

I’m not really worried about Miura coming here and branding us evil pirates…just doesn’t seem likely to me.

The lunch with Miura/all of us together thing is a very nice thought, hopefully it will happen one day in some capacity. But those international flights will be murder.

-Griffith

P.S. Good time to ask, anyone know Miura’s E-mail, or an official Berserk E-mail of any kind? …or Miura’s home address and phone number? ;D

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
oooh. Conversation with Miura.

"so, Miura-san, where'd you get the inspiration for the demon woman, with hte penis thing?"

Griffith

I know her!! She’s going in the Apostle Guide, dude! Along with all the rest of the penis posse that attacked Caska (very subtle Miura-sama)! ;)

Really though, I'd kill to correspond with Miura, just to tell him how much I appreciate his work.

-Griffith

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
If I could ever get my supernatural artist's abilities back, and finish that Guts model, I'd love so much to get his opinion of it.

Griffith

What about this, you ever finish it?

http://www.geocities.com/wereallmad/Workinprogress.jpg

-Griffith

Griffith

If I could ever get my supernatural artist's abilities back, and finish that Guts model, I'd love so much to get his opinion of it.
Nah, I just wasn't satisfied with it.
Well, be sure to get those skillz back, work through the shit, otherwise you might be on here one day comparing recolor projects with me. ;)

-Griffith

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
well... i have a thought about miura. if you really want to talk to him, why bring him here? while i don't think we'd get branded as pirates (or sacrifices, i'd hope) & pirate collaborators, i don't think there's any reason to chance it. might as well just make some cheesy tripod fansite with a msg board, some fan art, maybe copies of your fanfic, an innocous image gallery, maybe copy + paste a few other things from this site & invite him to that. or just as good, get BSOM to take down its link to here for awhile, then send miura an invite there. BSOM has been around for a lot longer, & certainly there's enough there for him to realize we're all committed fans... though he may wonder where everybody went if he reads up on the msg board... <grin>
anyway, that's my two cents on this post. if you want somebody to send him a formal invitation, just ask oliver, whose alter ego is clearly miura himself.

"hey, clark, you seem to be on pretty good terms with superman... you think you could pass along an interview request for me?"
:)

Nah. I think he'd be thrilled to see that he has fans in so many different parts of the world. (official translations of Berserk only exist in a handful of countries.) God I wish they would come out with an English translations. :'( I think that sites like this result in more people going out and buying the manga as aposed to fewer.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
well... i have a thought about miura. if you really want to talk to him, why bring him here?
I guess you mean, why NOT bring him here? That makes it a little bit more clear. I was really confused at first. Besides, im talking about PHYSICALLY meeting Miura, like going over to Japan for the express purpose of it.
might as well just make some cheesy tripod fansite with a msg board, some fan art, maybe copies of your fanfic, an innocous image gallery, maybe copy + paste a few other things from this site & invite him to that.
Or...I could just get rid of the scans, and just deny any relation to this site and scans  ;) Its a little bit more logical, and still very legal.
get BSOM to take down its link to here for awhile, then send miura an invite there. BSOM has been around for a lot longer, & certainly there's enough there for him to realize we're all committed fans...
I personally think Miura has heard of BSOM probably somewhere down the line, it was even mentioned in the American game in the credits . I thought that was VERY cool.But then again, I really dont have any clue about how much Miura knows or even cares about his fans.

fletch

um... presumably, if he was reading through the bulletin board prior to visiting us, he'd almost definately notice references to your scans, they're everywhere. that's why i thought it'd be better to do it somewhere else. i assume miura would be more likely to come if he sees there are a lot of posts on the message board, indicating an active community. if he read through first to check the quality before committing (i'd do that, if i had a large fanbase for my few published works, but then again i'm a picky bastard & i don't know if miura would be that picky) then, of course, he'd come across references to your scans & maybe even a lengthy discussion or two about how to escape piracy charges were he to visit the site :)

i think that getting him to talk to us via message board would be easiest... get a post up with questions we want to ask miura, have somebody (or a committee of somebodies) decide which ones are worth his time, submit those questions to him, have him decide again which ones are worth his time, & then he can just post answers via a translator. i think i've heard of similar practices, anyway, & that'd be nice & it'd give everybody a chance to get to know miura & express their appreciation of his work & such.

i suggested BSOM for a few reasons, though... first, if miura HAS heard of it, that's a plus. second, it's devoid of all legal wrongdoing in any way. third, it has (or had, anyway) a VERY active bulletin board, indicating a large amount of interest, which would surely impress miura in my opinion. fourth, the posts are generally of high quality, with obvious exceptions. once more, that should impress miura with the level of devoution & such. uh, i had more, but i'm tired & don't remember.

sure, meeting him in japan would be nice, but since i'm poor, i couldn't do that & didn't consider it, really. i assume he goes to anime conventions sometimes, & you could just get schedules of those & find out which ones he goes to. or, if budget's really a non issue for you, bust out with the japanese yellow pages & start dialing miuras till you get him (haha)... or call young animal, & ask to leave a message with his editor there. the editor could pass it on to miura, or whatever. of course, you'd have to find a translator, or hope that YA has one handy, but oh well. shouldn't be too much of an issue, i'd think.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ahem...LEGALLY speaking, there would be no evidence of scans if I were to delete them off of this site. People can TALK about them all they want, but once I delete them from the website, theres really no grounds to get upset about.

(yes if they wanted to push they could get into server history logs but even THEN, thats not proof of the images existing, thats just a text file that says 'chapter 173' or 'chapter 175')

You see what Im driving at?

fletch

ah, i was just worried about offending miura. course, it's not my butt on the line legally, so that didn't even occur to me too much.

fletch

anyway, the point of this post was for you to get feedback, right? i think i forgot to mention that i'd like to talk to miura, whether through a bbs conference or anime convention or whatever, doesn't matter to me.

L

Lyrical Dani-chan

I been trying to get some friends who are in core staff at Anime Central and Fanime Con to get Miura invited. But their response is
that nobody has ever heard of Berserk unless they are hardcore Otaku. I guess everybody only wants to see GOH from Tenchi Muyo instead of Berserk! WTF!

I am guessing the only way there will be interest is when the anime comes out on VHS/DVD next year :/...

Danielle

lyricaldanichan

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun!
grrr and I posted that after I remebered my password.. -_-

Anywhoo, I really think the only way Miura could come to a US con would be having somebody pay for his way over .. $1-2k RT ticket -_-;;;;

Danielle

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Miura does have an address of some kind, I might add. In the laser disc inserts, there are pictures of fanart which I assume was sent to miura.

Top Bottom