Miura Tribute for Hajime no Ippo 1000th Chapter

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Wow! I didn't know Miura helped George Morikawa during college, it's really nice to see him draw Takamura. If you guys haven't watched or read Ippo you should check it out, despite being so long the beginning parts so far have been top tier.
2L0Oh.jpg

EDIT: Also for Griff and crew, here's the one Inoue did as well:
H4B7q.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Oh Miura, humble as always. :guts: Nice to see Inoue getting a word in there, too! Most of the illustrations on both pages are great, but their contributions are obviously my favorites. :serpico:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nice find. Miura's is by far the coolest tribute though. :guts:

I've never read Hajime no Ippo, but it's always great to see such camaraderie among mangaka.

Saw this when I read the new Ippo episode, took me by surprise. Ippo is like the Japanese version of Rocky. The original anime series has some of my favorite tunes, so good! The 2nd season a few years ago was 'ok'. Takamura's my favorite character : p[

I have a soft spot for the Chiba Tetsuya tribute myself for obvious reasons (not shown above)

But, yes, seeing a tribute by Miura was unexpected enough, but Miura working under George Morikawa in his early years? Most unexpected, though it sort of makes since they both emerged on the manga scene at roughly the same time (and both ongoing)

Love that attention to detail on Takamura

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Thanks for posting those. Miura's is by far my favorite, but as Walter said, it's heartwarming to see the camaraderie and mutual respect shown to one another by these ladies and gentlemen.

Walter said:
Nice find. Miura's is by far the coolest tribute though. :guts:

I've never read Hajime no Ippo, but it's always great to see such camaraderie among mangaka.
Whaaaat? If you haven't read/seem the anime you should definitely check the series out. It may not be as elaborate as Berserk, but there are some overall themes that are in both if you look for them. Also I love Hajime no Ippo because it somewhat based in reality. No crazy super powers or people flying around...

Also... Takamuras right eye is not shown, maybe a little tribute to Guts??? :isidro:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
lon3vvolf said:
Also... Takamuras right eye is not shown, maybe a little tribute to Guts??? :isidro:
I don't think so. I think it's just a really cool dramatic angle that he just happened to choose.

Wow those tributes feel so powerful :guts: Obviously Im a sucker for Keisuke works and I like the approach with that comment. Havent read/watch Ippo yet but from what littled I´ve seen I can totally see if they´d feel a bit like kindred spirits.

And yeah, Miura ever so humble, you can really feel the respect behind those words, such a cool dude! :guts: Thanks for sharing, Klink!

Top Bottom