Most Trucked-Up Moment of Berserk?

T

T.portal-G.

oh shit thanks for reminding me. Sorry i don't have my manga's with me. so im going by memory. Now i really think that was the most fuck up scene ever. :-*

All_4_Yume

Yume Chaser
T.portal-G. said:
The scene where all the organs of the trolls Guts killed became Slan. At that moment where Slan has Guts helpless and teasing him i thought she would kiss him. With her troll guts lips! :SK:

Don't play the PS2 game as Slann's grab move is pretty explicit. If you do mash [] like there's no tomorrow!

Wraith King

I exist in the shadow of my unrealized dream
the part with all the trolls rape all those women and that girl exploding that was pretty trucked up right there

Kagami

Goo!
Wraith King said:
the part with all the trolls rape all those women and that girl exploding that was pretty trucked up right there

what was really fucked up was that I noticed at least one of the girls was smiling... talk about despair....

Wraith King

I exist in the shadow of my unrealized dream
Kagami said:
what was really fucked up was that I noticed at least one of the girls was smiling... talk about despair....

Yeah that was probably the point where a person snaps under such despair rather than physical pleasure - oh that’s just gross..

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
anime: during the Griffith torture scene, when the torturer sticks those thick metal needles into Griffith, and the noise it/he makes... Sent a major shiver down my spine.

manga: the Eclipse. 'nough said

I thought the most trucked up moment was when Ishidoro smacked that old man in the face with a sausage. BAM! Right across the chops with a sausage link! Nice. (This was probably already said but I don't feel like reading all 8 pages)

Yeah. Everything everyone said was really trucked up (except the sausage thing. I don't remember that one. I remember one with an apple though). The Donovan scene was disgusting, as was the rebirth cerimony with the zombies, the tortures at Albion, the troll rapes, and the eclipse.

But, the most fucked - up, flat out, most disgusting moment for me was most of volume 27 when they show Midlands capital after the Kushan took it. All those scenes with the dead bodies and the sacrifices, and when he was just looking at women getting eaten was completely disgusting. Made me realize that sometimes the author (forgot his name due to my extreme tiredness) sometimes goes a little too far.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
aquateenz said:
(except the sausage thing. I don't remember that one. I remember one with an apple though).

It's at the beginning of volume 18.

aquateenz said:
Made me realize that sometimes the author (forgot his name due to my extreme tiredness) sometimes goes a little too far.

The author is called Kentarou Miura, and to be honest the "Demon City" scenes didn't strike me as particularly horrible. Not only that, but they're justified, there's a reason Ganishka is called the "emperor of terror".

Yeah man, volume 18. Be sure to re-read, thats good stuff. "Sausage Smack" was definitely one of my fav trucked-up moments of Berserk.

my first is the whole eclipse and my second is in sword of the berserk were that crazy nun is running through the church with the little kid who was turned into a mandagora.

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
Farnese is screwed up in so many (ingenious) little ways, she has two or three of the most trucked up Berserk moments under her belt already.

The eclipse of course, and the scenes with Emperor of terror, are very affecting also.

But it's the lost children arc that always sticks in my mind. It's not as overtly graphic as most of the other sagas, but the story of Jill and Rochine always disturbed me in a purely melencholy manner. Everything about that story is just tragic.

Dirty Dog

The Eclipse. (the whole thing)
The fight with Rochine (the whole fight, mainly because Jill was watching and it was the first part of the manga I read)
The Qliphoth.

There's a lot of scenes that made me lose my appetite, especially scenes involving children and women.

Guts getting raped by Donovan because he was putting up a fight up until Donovan told him Gambino prostituted him for money.

Guts impaling Adonis after killing his father and then holding his hand as he died

Watching Casca get raped by a person he admired at the Eclipse

Ganishka's use of women in the royal capital feeding them to crocodiles and birthing daka

Can't wait for the next sadistic thing to happen in Berserk land :guts:

Nothing in Berserk has ever grossed me out in the actual sense of stomach churning. Instead of making what's already been said, I'll go for subtle things, the idea of "the last image burned into Guts' right eye" is that of Griffith/Femto raping Casca with the whole hellish surrounding being coated out with his own blood. Not stomach churning, but one hell of a "last" vision.

ZoddTheImmortal

I Seek Only The Strong
The Eclipse was pretty bothersome because everyone threw the whole anime and manga up to volume 13 died. I was really sad when Judeau died :judo: and I was also sad when pippin died.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ZoddTheImmortal said:
The Eclipse was pretty bothersome because everyone threw the whole anime and manga up to volume 13 died.

Everyone? Only 4 named characters died then (Judo, Pippin, Carcus and the best of them all: Gaston), the rest were nameless soldiers.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Aazealh said:
Everyone? Only 4 named characters died then (Judo, Pippin, Carcus and the best of them all: Gaston), the rest were nameless soldiers.

Hmm, well if those four happened to be your favourites at that time it surely gets close to an apocalypse.

As for my take on the whole topic, i'd say that pretty much any scene involving rape gets me close to a heart-attack..over and over again. Believe it or not, i'm really helpless in that regard. Other forms of violence don't bother me too much, but any violence against women and children always beats me down.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SimplyEd said:
Hmm, well if those four happened to be your favourites at that time it surely gets close to an apocalypse.

Doesn't get close to everyone in the whole manga dying though.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Seeing as I watched the anime before getting into the Manga, I'd have to say the worst was the very end of the last episode, watching Griffith with Casca and guts with arm missing watching in horror. Seeing it animated just adds a whole new level of anguish to the scene.

KazigluBey said:
Seeing as I watched the anime before getting into the Manga, I'd have to say the worst was the very end of the last episode, watching Griffith with Casca and guts with arm missing watching in horror. Seeing it animated just adds a whole new level of anguish to the scene.
In contrast, the rare thing I liked about the anime take on the Eclipse was Guts' continuous stabbing (for lack of my laziness to go grab it off my dresser), I don't remember Guts stabbing his arm so much, or at least in that emphasized "rinse/repeat". I still like the "Detail" far more in general for the whole eclipse, not to mention the loss of Guts' arm in the manga. The Eclipse also lost some impact on me when about half way into volume 5 my friend went,
"Oh I saw that anime! By the way, Griffith rapes Casca and all the hawks die in the Eclipse."

...Sigh.

Top Bottom