Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
If you think Man of the Year looks good, I've got some ice cream to sell you:

looksgood.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
poodeta said:
I wanna know what you guys think of this movie that will be coming out soon called Smokin Aces.
http://www.smokinaces.net/

I had never heard of it before your post, but from the trailers it looks like it'll be entertaining.

I saw Smoking Aces about 3 or 4 weeks at a pre-screening. Pretty entertaining, it had some flaws (certain plot points just didn't work for me). Solid action, worth a look if you like the crime/action Genre with a healthy helping of gore.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Slightly Green said:
Everyone's assignment for the next week is to go and see Children of Men as many times as possible.

Starting...... NOW!!

Looks good. And its got an impressive 93% on the tomato-meter. Kewl.

Anyone interested in this sort of thing might be interested in a graphic novel series that I had the priviledge of helping out on (only a few pages here and there, tho) called "Y: The Last Man".

The premise of Children of Men reminds me of that story a lot.

Children of Men was SUPERB. Yes, worthy of caps it is.

But yes, Alfonso Cuarons directing is amazing in the picture. Its shot like a documentary almost, as if youre another character and its taking place from a first person perspective. Kind of hard to explain, but either way, easily the best picture ive seen all year.

Apolgies for the mini hi-jacking, continue. :serpico:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Although it's not going to be out until November, I am interested to see how the new production of Beowulf pans out. Supposedly, the budget is $150,000,000. Seems a little over the top to be, but what do I know? What I am aware of is that Sir Anthony Hopkins is going to be in it. That's one plus. On the other hand, Angelina Jolie is supposed to be Grendel's Mother... and it's rumored that the movie will include some kind of romantic entanglement between Beowulf and Grendel's mother... yeah. However, Robert Zemeckis is directing it, so that is one reason to hope.

There is much more info on Wikipedia, but like everything there, take it with a pinch of salt =)

I wasn't even aware of this movie, thanks for the heads up Uriel!
What I am aware of is that Sir Anthony Hopkins is going to be in it. That's one plus. On the other hand, Angelina Jolie is supposed to be Grendel's Mother... and it's rumored that the movie will include some kind of romantic entanglement between Beowulf and Grendel's mother... yeah. However, Robert Zemeckis is directing it, so that is one reason to hope.
Another plus is that Neil Gaiman is doing the screenplay, now I'm getting excited! Hell, one thing for sure, it CAN'T be worse then the previous version :schierke:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Saw Pan's Labyrinth last night and really enjoyed it.  The balance of real-world events and fantasy were great.  I highly recommend seeing it.

[hide]The thing with eyes in its hands scared the shit out of me!  Guillermo Del Toro (sp?) has one fucked-up imagination, but that's what I like about him.[/hide]

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Uriel said:
Although it's not going to be out until November, I am interested to see how the new production of Beowulf pans out. Supposedly, the budget is $150,000,000. Seems a little over the top to be, but what do I know? What I am aware of is that Sir Anthony Hopkins is going to be in it. That's one plus. On the other hand, Angelina Jolie is supposed to be Grendel's Mother... and it's rumored that the movie will include some kind of romantic entanglement between Beowulf and Grendel's mother... yeah. However, Robert Zemeckis is directing it, so that is one reason to hope.

There is much more info on Wikipedia, but like everything there, take it with a pinch of salt =)

Pfff, What about the Christopher Lambert one? It was awesome, it had hard core industrial music for everything he did.

~Walking down the road~ Hard core music.
~Taking a crap~ Hard core music

It was awesome! I just dont think this movie will live up to my expectations.

vlad said:
I wasn't even aware of this movie, thanks for the heads up Uriel!Another plus is that Neil Gaiman is doing the screenplay, now I'm getting excited! Hell, one thing for sure, it CAN'T be worse then the previous version :schierke:
I hope your not talking about the Christopher Lambert one mentioned above Mr.! < :miura:> <-- Angry Miura with hands on his hips.

I hope your not talking about the Christopher Lambert one mentioned above Mr.! < Miura-sensei> <-- Angry Miura with hands on his hips.

It would be foolish of me to bite the hand that scans :void:

50000_1.jpg

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

On the other hand you could just bring an mp3 player when you go to see the new version [:serpico:] --> a happy Serpico with noise-canceling headphones.

The only version of Beowulf I've seen.. had martial arts with techno music.. kinda like mortal kombat.. if it was in the dark ages

It was amazingly bad

Children of Men was really visually amazing, but I thought the plot/character development was quite weak. I really want to see Pan's Labyrinth, but they aren't showing it in my state (stupid Utah).

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Man, I'm trying really hard not to get overly excited about 300... but the Internet does me no favours! IGN gave it 5/5, along with a nice analytical review, without giving too much away (not that the plot is going to be extraordinarily deep anyway.) I'm glad I did read this now, because I'm going with my wife and dozen friends from work, some of them being women. Now I know that I shall haveto sit as far away from the girls as possible, so that the uncomfortable giggling/remarking the sex scene brings about won't bother me during the movie. I absolutely hate being disturbed at the cinema!

I just wish I could see it in IMAX =(

CnC

Ad Oculos
Uriel said:
Now I know that I shall haveto sit as far away from the girls as possible, so that the uncomfortable giggling/remarking the sex scene brings about won't bother me during the movie. I absolutely hate being disturbed at the cinema!

Movies that I want to enjoy like that I have to wait until they come out on DVD now. Theatres suck and are no match for my plasma+5.1 surround combo!

Posted by: Uriel

I just wish I could see it in IMAX =(

I am real hyped about this movie myself. It's playing in the IMAX theater near me, do you not have one? I just can't wait!!!!!!!! :guts:

- C

Top Bottom