Movies To Look Forward to

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
TheBeast43105 said:
Christina Ricci does look pretty scrawny though...

That's a bit of an understatement [that is also A typo I KNOW IT THIS TIME] She looks like she is about to die in 8 weeks if some doesn't show her how to eat without vomiting.

But I'm looking forward to 1408. Nothing left to really look forward to except for a few like 300. :troll:

berserker88

The Raging Demon
300, and pretty much all of the comic book movies scheduled to be released this year as well as Pirates of the Carribean At World End, and Transformers.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Those RT advance reviews are nearly always positive. I expect a sharp decline, as 300 treads in the dangerous territory of possibly being ridiculous.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Walter said:
Those RT advance reviews are nearly always positive. I expect a sharp decline, as 300 treads in the dangerous territory of being ridiculous.

Well Frank Miller's style always borders on ridiculous, honestly though when ever Frank Miller actually reviews the movie itself, thats the review I'll base the movie on before I see it, but I doubt that will happen because I work at a theater and we screen movies a couple of days before the release date to check the print so Ill be watching it pretty early and from what people have said between what happend at the german screening and SHH's review I expect it to be truly bad ass

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
You'd trust the author, whose best interest is in promoting his own film? Pretty shady if you ask me...

I'm a big Frank Miller fan. I just didn't like 300, just like I didn't like Dark Knight Strikes Again. He fell out of his prime sometime in the middle of his Sin City graphic novels.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Walter said:
You'd trust the author, whose best interest is in promoting his own film? Pretty shady if you ask me...

I'm a big Frank Miller fan. I just didn't like 300, just like I didn't like Dark Knight Strikes Again. He fell out of his prime sometime in the middle of his Sin City graphic novels.

Well just cause he is the author doesn't mean his best interest are promoting his own film, take for example Alan Moore; he bashed League of Extordinary Gentlemen, and V for Vendetta because he thought it diverged to much from the source and has publicly protested on the making of a Watchmen movie, so the same could happen with Miller if the movie isn't good, plus he wasn't involved with the making of 300, like he was for Sin City so its not really his film plus I'm a big 300 fan so this movie was a dream come true.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Are you kidding me? Miller is all about exploiting his work for the cash cow. Case in point: Pissing on his legacy by making Dark Knight Strikes Again. He suckered me into spending $4.95 on that first issue, but that's it! No more for me, Mr. Miller.

The Dark Knight Femto said:
...so the same could happen with Miller if the movie isn't good, plus he wasn't involved with the making of 300, like he was for Sin City so its not really his film plus I'm a big 300 fan so this movie was a dream come true.
Miller's an Executive Producer for 300. He stands to make a bundle with its success. And especially for someone so willing to milk his own franchise, I'd take anything he says about movies based on his work with a grain - nay, a CHUNK - of salt.

Alan Moore is a beast of a different nature. He is certainly not Frank Miller. Moore seems to be only interested in banking off of his work by selling screen rights to the first bidder. I'm not even sure why he's complaining - he sure made a pretty penny off those ambominations. I wish he'd just tell Hollywood to shove off in the future. If Watchmen follows suit with his other adaptations it'll be a travesty.

If he actually cared about the quality of the movies based on his books, he'd partner up with the company producing it and become a director, like Miller did with Sin City.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Well I didn't know he was actually involved with the 300 movie, anyways I still respect his opinion on work based off of his own intellectual properties biased it may be but I never really take much into reviews on movies regardless of who it is, I was just looking out for his because I thought he wasn't involved with this movie and being something he made I would assume he would be the harshest critic of them all, in any regard though I liked DK2 but to each his own.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I never read 300, personally, but I am a Miller fan. Theres no denying he's done some great things in the Comic industry. Same goes for Alan Moore too.

I don't really know the story behind how Moore sold off the movie rights but its evident by the result he didn't really set any sort of standard for the screenplay. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was horrid. I actually liked V for Vendetta, and don't really see where Moore's coming from on that argument. They couldn't have fit that entire story in a 2 hour movie, so given that major limitation I'd say it turned out alright.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
CnC said:
I never read 300, personally, but I am a Miller fan.  Theres no denying he's done some great things in the Comic industry.  Same goes for Alan Moore too.

I don't really know the story behind how Moore sold off the movie rights but its evident by the result he didn't really set any sort of standard for the screenplay.  League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was horrid.  I actually liked V for Vendetta, and don't really see where Moore's coming from on that argument.  They couldn't have fit that entire story in a 2 hour movie, so given that major limitation I'd say it turned out alright.

Well I'm actually a fan of the movie version of V, though David Loydd the artist for V for Vendetta said that Moore would only truly be happy with his work if it were to be exactly like the comic if it were to come to film.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
bastard_swordsman said:
Hot Fuzz is well worth seeing. Some of the scenes are shockingly well filmed, and the over-the-top action sequences are hillarious.

Nice, that's one I'm looking forward to seeing. Preferably while intoxicated. :guts:

Top Bottom