Movies to look forward to

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Isn't that potentially a good thing though? Nothing against Del Toro, but Jackson should just do it. Granted, I'm sure they'll give it to somebody else for no good reason.

Oburi

All praise Grail
グリフィス said:
Isn't that potentially a good thing though? Nothing against Del Toro, but Jackson should just do it. Granted, I'm sure they'll give it to somebody else for no good reason.

Well yea, obviously I'd want to see Jackson, but if not him then Del Toro definitely. But as you say, they'll just get somebody else and I don't even care anymore, honestly.

Hopefully Del Toro can do Hellboy 3 or something. That would be worth him dropping out of The Hobbit.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
That's too bad. : / hopefully Jackson will be able to pick this one up. I think it would bode well for the film and how it transitions into LOTR...the style would be very similar hopefully.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I actually think someone else should handle The Hobbit because of the shift in tone between it and Lord of the Rings. The Hobbit is much more lighthearted and comical. So, I'd prefer someone with less of a heavy melodramatic hand to handle it.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
This is true, I can't imagine how Jackson would handle singing dwarves. I think he would still do a fine job, even though there was a lack of jovial nature in the LOTR series.
Fellowship of the ring had quite a few parts in the Shire that just made me tingle with warmth, and laugh even.
Although his track record seems oriented around films that are sad and darker in nature, So I can see where you're coming from...
Well, whatever happens I'm excited to see what they do with the rights now.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Okay, who saw it?

toystory31.jpg

I hear it is amazing. Can't wait!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I haven't seen it yet but I plan to. I agree, it looks as good as any other Pixar movie (except Cars :puck:).
I'll be seeing it this weekend, based on the great reviews. I'll admit though, I don't really have any strong personal desire to see it.

Oburi

All praise Grail
You didn't like the first two walter? I was a bit younger when they came out there is that aspect to it, but imho toy story 1 and 2 were two of pixars best, next to wall-E, which I finally got around to seing and was floored by.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
You didn't like the first two walter? I was a bit younger when they came out there is that aspect to it, but imho toy story 1 and 2 were two of pixars best, next to wall-E, which I finally got around to seing and was floored by.
No, I liked them. It's just hard to get excited for a third movie that no one really asked for that came out of nowhere.

I just saw Toy Story 3 and I have to say it's pretty good. It brought tears to my wife's eyes and that's not very common. I also enjoyed it a lot. I do think it's a must see but the 3D doesn't really add anything to it.

Death May Die said:
Toy Story 3 is the best movie I've seem so far this summer. I recommend it.

My thoughts exactly. I would say that Toy Story 3 is my favourite out of the Toy Story movies. Did you get a chance to watch it yet Oburi?

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
TS3 was pretty great, definitely should go see it for some fun. i was a child when i watched toy story 1, and it felt nice seeing what happens when Andy grows up.:serpico:
(just like me, same graduation year too!)

i really though they were gonna die in the furnace scene, ='[
and poor Andy wanted to keep his Woody doll ='[

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Walter said:
I actually think someone else should handle The Hobbit because of the shift in tone between it and Lord of the Rings. The Hobbit is much more lighthearted and comical. So, I'd prefer someone with less of a heavy melodramatic hand to handle it.

i wholeheatedly support that notion. Plus i'd like a little less emphasize on CG this time around. That reminds me, i'm still very much interested in that movie adaption of the Silmarillion, which resurfaces every so often on the net. I personally think it can be done although it'd turn out absurdly long. Also it would probably feature more computer generated "wonders" than Avatar did...which makes me shudder a bit. It would be great if some directors would return the focus of movie making on acting and atmosphere. I'm a bit tired of obviously superficial plastic crap, like the Transformers flicks and their ilk.

X

Xem

SimplyEd said:
i wholeheatedly support that notion. Plus i'd like a little less emphasize on CG this time around. That reminds me, i'm still very much interested in that movie adaption of the Silmarillion, which resurfaces every so often on the net. I personally think it can be done although it'd turn out absurdly long. Also it would probably feature more computer generated "wonders" than Avatar did...which makes me shudder a bit. It would be great if some directors would return the focus of movie making on acting and atmosphere. I'm a bit tired of obviously superficial plastic crap, like the Transformers flicks and their ilk.

Can you post a link to the Silmarillion movie? I've never heard of that being a possibility and with the problems with The Hobbit, I can't think of it of being a possibility.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Perineum Falcon said:
I should hope not.

Make audiences read a book for christ's sake; it won't kill em.

Hell yeah, and the Silmarillion really isn't the best book to adapt anyway.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Deci said:
Can you post a link to the Silmarillion movie? I've never heard of that being a possibility and with the problems with The Hobbit, I can't think of it of being a possibility.

Ah sorry, i didn't want to make it sound like there were actual plans for an adaption anytime soon. It's mostly rumor-mongering on the net, ever since industry people hinted at the green lights for The Hobbit.

I don't quite agree that the Silmarillion is a bad source for a movie..or several movies at that. It offers plenty opportunities for artistic freedom for screenwriters, art directors and directors in general without compromising basic lore or the feelings of rabid fans out there.^^

Anyway, it's not like i'm desperately waiting for an adaption, i'm just saying it would be interesting to see how someone would tackle such a feat. Much like how many people said that LOTR was impossible to envision properly on the big screen. I'm not all fond of Jackson's take on the material but for the most part it surely works out nicely. Also, i don't think that such an undertaking would automatically qualify as milking the franchise for what it's worth. As long as someone really wants to make a faithful adaption and they put their heart and soul into it, they surely have my blessing to do so (for better or worse).

Top Bottom