Movies to look forward to

I'm looking forward to Sylvain Chomet's new full length animated film, L'Illusionniste. Here's a recent interview with some clips so you can see the quality of the animation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbru4psfVbA :ubik:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Azriel said:
I don't know whether to put here or the other one but, it did peak my interest.
http://kick-ass.movie-trailer.com/

The latest red-band trailer for this looks amazing (look for it)! But the clips i prefer are the ones with Nic Cage and his daughter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LUfFTvrWB4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zLsdBEsr90

I hope they keep the tagline "With no power comes no responsibility". :guts:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Oburi said:
Are you kidding me? That looks retarded.

Yeah, I'd rather watch Woody Harrelson and Casey Jones fumble around in in DEFENDOR.

http://defendorthemovie.net/?page_id=58

NightCrawler said:
The latest red-band trailer for this looks amazing (look for it)! But the clips i prefer are the ones with Nic Cage and his daughter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LUfFTvrWB4

Heh, that was much more promising than the trailer I saw for it at Wolfman.

NightCrawler said:
I hope they keep the tagline "With no power comes no responsibility". :guts:

Oh, SO irreverent! :carcus: Anyway, I don't see why they wouldn't? It's a good line.

Geez, with these super hero parodies, which aren't exactly showing up their targets I might add, I guess Blankman was ahead of its time.

NightCrawler

グリフィス said:
Yeah, I'd rather watch Woody Harrelson and Casey Jones in DEFENDOR: http://defendorthemovie.net/?page_id=58

That looks meh. Besides, that trailer shows the entire movie.

Oh, SO irreverent!

Beats changing my avatar. I'm off this joint. Bye all.

Walter said:
Sorry, but this Kick Ass shit reminds me of Meteor Man or even Mystery Men . And those were .. bad.

Yes they were.
Here's the trailer i was talking about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQwAvfb_Xfs Still think it'll be fun.

Griffith

NightCrawler said:
That looks meh. Besides, that trailer shows the entire movie.

Probably, but it's one of those movies, where if it is good, the whole will be greater than the sum of its parts. Kick Ass might have a higher ceiling, but that also goes for how bad it could be.

NightCrawler said:
Beats changing my avatar. I'm off this joint. Bye all.

Huh, I'm not sure if you changed it or one of the other admins? Anyway, damn, you gone, homie?

NightCrawler said:
Yes they were.
Here's the trailer i was talking about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQwAvfb_Xfs Still think it'll be fun.

Yeah, that was fun... for two minutes. Wanna bet they'll be able to keep it up for two hours? It's a classic trap trailer, the awkward dork jokes and inappropriate little girl seem fun now, are obnoxious later. If you want a better indicator as to what the the movie is actually like, just remember, Nicolas Cage signed on! :magni:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
グリフィス said:
Huh, I'm not sure if you changed it or one of the other admins? Anyway, damn, you gone, homie?

Oh, I changed it a while back. Felt appropriate, and it's always better than the hilarious He-Man gif from 2002. Didn't think it'd hit so close to home (nor that it would take so long to be noticed). :iva:

Aazealh said:
Oh, I changed it a while back. Felt appropriate, and it's always better than the hilarious He-Man gif from 2002. Didn't think it'd hit so close to home (nor that it would take so long to be noticed). :iva:

When I noticed the change a few days ago, I was very curious to know what had happened; I thought it was something similar to what got him his I love Kobe title. Unfortunately I couldn't find an explanation. I'm glad that question's been answered. :guts:

By the way, I do agree it seems appropriate.

NightCrawler

m said:
When I noticed the change a few days ago, I was very curious to know what had happened; I thought it was something similar to what got him his I love Kobe title. Unfortunately I couldn't find an explanation.

Because there was none! Just abuse from a bored french cunt admin.
The Kobe title had a meaning to it and i actually found it funny. This, was just lame...

Aazealh said:

I'm glad that question's been answered. :guts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hR5YNqE3K8

----

Anyway, thanks Oburi for the support, take care.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
Because there was none! Just abuse from a bored french cunt admin.
The Kobe title had a meaning to it and i actually found it funny. This, was just lame...

":judo:"

Yes there is: the fact you've been a whiny contrarian on this forum for as long as you've been a member. Like I said though, I really didn't think it'd hit so close to home. Sorry for your hurt feelings.

You do know you can freely change your avatar though, right? That being said, I doubt anyone wants that old unfunny, distasteful avatar of yours back. Anyway, it's a bit ironic that after all the shit you went through here you'd leave over a harmless, good-humored avatar change.

Griffith

I thought it was pretty cool actually, so I wasn't even sure Nightcrawler hadn't changed it himself. Which is why I think he's really leaving because I so thoroughly and irrefutably panned his beloved Kick Ass trailer. :troll:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Oddly enough I was thinking about the pit bull conversation, Nightcrawler, Aaz and I got into a while ago. Nightcrawler this is just for you, remember that I'm getting the final word in that argument. Pit Bulls are good. http://www.zootoo.com/petnews/straydogsaveswomanchildheldatk-993

Back on topic, I felt the Kick Ass trailer suffered from showing too much in the trailer. Even worse that little girl is obnoxious, why allow so many book and comic book influenced movies to get butchered by removing so many important parts/characters, yet keep this fucking retarded "kick ass" girl? Not that it'll ruin anyone else's opinion of the movie, but it's just stupid.

NightCrawler

Aazealh said:

Yes there is: the fact you've been a whiny contrarian on this forum for as long as you've been a member. Like I said though, I really didn't think it'd hit so close to home. Sorry for your hurt feelings.

You do know you can freely change your avatar though, right? That being said, I doubt anyone wants that unfunny, distasteful avatar of yours back. Anyway, it's a bit ironic that after all the shit you went through here you'd leave over a harmless, good-humored avatar change.

Whiny? I may have a provocative posture and i admitted to being an ass on one or two occasions but i've never whined about anything. Last time i had a semi-serious discussion on this forum was before i decided to abstained myself from commenting on Berserk here, because i couldn't dislike or criticize some of Miura's decisions on the last decade.
And yes i know i can change my avatar, but that's not the case. You, as an admin, have to set an example, and abusing a member for no reason is not the way for an admin to act i believe.

I see you edited the last part of your post, but i'll answer anyway. Yes, Oburi and others have supported some of my "contradicting" comments.

To Walter and Griff, please spare me from your "admins before hos" posts. They will surely be valuable to defend Aaz's position.

グリフィス said:
Which is why I think he's really leaving because I so thoroughly and irrefutably panned his beloved Kick Ass trailer. :troll:

You know i can't stand your rejection. :carcus:

Well, maybe it was just my shitty MacBook Air, but literally everytime I was in a thread that he posted in, his stupid avatar would have to load and I wasn't able to do anything. All to watch He-man bust a nut. Hooray for French Cunt Admins!

NightCrawler said:
You, as an admin, have to set an example, and abusing a member for no reason is not the way for an admin to act i believe.

Bro, calm down. I've been posting here long before you and people who get corn-holed on this site, usually have it coming in one way or another.

NightCrawler said:
Last time i had a semi-serious discussion on this forum was before i decided to abstained myself from commenting on Berserk here

You know, there's lots of other forums out there right?
Just saying. :slan:

Griffith

NightCrawler said:
To Walter and Griff, please spare me from your "admins before hos" posts. They will surely be valuable to defend Aaz's position.

I just wanted to see if you'd come back. :griffnotevil:

NightCrawler said:
You know i can't stand your rejection. :carcus:

Ha, I'm feeling nostalgic already. =)

Ciao, Nightcrawler.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
To Walter and Griff, please spare me from your "admins before hos" posts.
I don't really have a dog in this hunt, so I'm unsure why I'm being dragged into this. But, now that you mention it, your negative attitude has been pretty obnoxious as of late. Could be a reason you're being picked on. Poop on enough threads and people start lighting torches.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
Whiny? I may have a provocative posture and i admitted to being an ass on one or two occasions but i've never whined about anything.

Yes, whiny. What are you doing right now if not whining? Wah wah wah, I have a smurf avatar. :judo:

You're a rude and ridiculous contrarian that's never provoked anything but eye-rolling, and apparently you lack humor as well if you can't understand why that avatar fits your behavior here. The best part is that most forums would not have let you keep your old avatar that you seem to love so much in the first place.

NightCrawler said:
Last time i had a semi-serious discussion on this forum was before i decided to abstained myself from commenting on Berserk here, because i couldn't dislike or criticize some of Miura's decisions on the last decade.

Yet more whining. Let's be honest here, it's not like you ever had anything interesting to say about Berserk. Anyone is free to check your posting history and verify it themselves. At least now when people will have the misfortune of stumbling on one of your posts they'll get a smile out of the avatar. :slan:

NightCrawler said:
You, as an admin, have to set an example, and abusing a member for no reason is not the way for an admin to act i believe.

I don't think you quite understand the situation here Nighty, so let me explain it to you: you've been unwelcome but tolerated for humorous purposes for a very long time on this forum. You've crossed the line so many times in the past, that no reason is needed to ban you anymore. In reality it's long overdue. And temporarily changing your avatar is hardly abuse at all. For a pseudo tough-guy having such a high opinion of his own opinion, you're certainly quick to play the martyr.

NightCrawler said:
I see you edited the last part of your post, but i'll answer anyway. Yes, Oburi and others have supported some of my "contradicting" comments.

Hahaha, I don't think you have any idea of the amount of people who have directly complained to me about you over the years. It's between 35 and 50 I believe. I'm sure everything will be alright if you have the support of people like Deci and Oburi though, critical members of this community.

NightCrawler said:

Hey everyone, Nightcrawler is threatening to leave because of the mean admins! Please, all those crestfallen over it, post your support in this thread (too off-topic) make a thread about it and ask him to stay with us. For now I'm going to disable his account, but not delete it, so that we can keep enjoying his avatar. :serpico:

Griffith

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Back on topic, I felt the Kick Ass trailer suffered from showing too much in the trailer. Even worse that little girl is obnoxious, why allow so many book and comic book influenced movies get butchered and remove so many important parts/characters, yet keep this fucking retarded "kick ass" girl? Not that it'll ruin anyone else's opinion of the movie, but it's just stupid.

Yeah, that was the biggest red flag, a little of her went a long way, probably past the point of diminishing returns just from watching the trailer. Nothing adds up to a cinematic fail faster than obnoxious kids that are supposed to amuse... I don't know who.

Top Bottom