Movies to look forward to

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Oburi said:
Before Alice in Wonderland I saw this trailer http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1633496/story.jhtml

which was actually the most entertaining part of the night.

Yeah... I'm one to expect disappointments, but really... Tron + Daft Punk creating the soundtrack? = Hiiiiiigh expectations. I guess there's no way around it for me :guts:. And on that note, there's even big plans for Daft Punk's already planned tour with Tron Legacy ordeal... I... Just... Can't... Wait. Sorry, I guess I couldn't help myself in venting :griffnotevil:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I just finished watching Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone and I have to say that it's a remarkable improvement on the original series, despite feeling a bit rushed. I can't wait until the next film hits US shores. I highly recommend it for fans of the original series, as well as those who didn't like the original that much.

I've seen trailers but haven't been on top of it. What makes it so much better than the original? Serious question, not meant to be snarky.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Proj2501 said:
I've seen trailers but haven't been on top of it. What makes it so much better than the original. Serious question, not meant to be snarky.

Haha, no worries, you didn't come off snarky. :iva: Visually it's much more dynamic (which isn't a surprise since it's been 12 years since the original came out) and the animation is absolutely incredible. Most importantly, though, I find the characters much more appealing. Even though Shinji is still a bit wimpy, he is able to summon far more courage despite his intense fear of the situations he is put in. Misato is a bit less likeable but much more realistic. She's very cheery but slips into moments of anger and frustration a lot more naturally than she did in the TV show. Rei is still pretty much the same, but Gendo and Fuyutsuki are a lot more manipulative and cruel than in the first series. It's a little hard to explain, but that's pretty much the gist of it. Overall, I just thought it flowed a lot better.

X

Xem

I got to see it on a "big screen" at the last convention I went to. Eva was always sorta "meh" to me for various reasons, but I fully enjoyed seeing it done this way. It seems they cut out a lot of filler and moved some plot points around continuity wise in order for it to make more sense. One thing a friend of mine didn't like though, being a hardcore Eva fan, was what they did with Kowaru in the movie. They introduce his character at the very end of the film in a very spoilerish way. Same thing with "Adam"... or was it "Eve"? Anyway, it didn't bother me at all and I actually enjoyed it more this way. I plan on probably buying all four movies once they're released... I might even go down to my local Indie Theatre for some of them. There's a place in ATL that's going to show them.

edit: sorry is my post is sorta jumbled, I've been taking lots of cold and flu medicine.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Deci said:
One thing a friend of mine didn't like though, being a hardcore Eva fan, was what they did with Kowaru in the movie. They introduce his character at the very end of the film in a very spoilerish way. Same thing with "Adam"... or was it "Eve"? Anyway, it didn't bother me at all and I actually enjoyed it more this way. I plan on probably buying all four movies once they're released... I might even go down to my local Indie Theatre for some of them. There's a place in ATL that's going to show them.

Kaworu's appearance at the end hinted at the fact that this isn't just a remake of Eva, but a continuation of the television series. I was also surprised to see that Lilith was on the moon, as well as in Central Dogma. Makes me wonder if the one in Central Dogma is even the real Lilith. As for Adam, he's yet to be shown, but my guess is he'll make an appearance in some form or another in the next film, which is looking to really change the original Eva storyline based on the fact that Kaworu shows up early and two new Eva units are introduced, along with a completely new character.

I heard you guys talking about how Alice was bad but I saw it last night in IMAX and didn't have any major problems with it at all. I wasn't expecting an epic story but I nice entertaining movie that I would enjoy with my gf. I hardly am ever displeased with Depp's acting. The only person I had a slight problem with was Carter. She seemed to be enjoying it way too much and was over exuberant with her role. Other than that nice movie. I enjoyed it a lot.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I saw How to Train Your Dragon last night in IMAX 3D and it was pretty awesome. Highly recommended for people who like CG animation.

X

Xem

Rhombaad said:
I saw How to Train Your Dragon last night in IMAX 3D and it was pretty awesome. Highly recommended for people who like CG animation.

Ah, nice, I actually want to see this. It's weird, I haven't been excited about seeing a "children's movie" in what seems like ages. This movie has some kind of hold on me, I'm glad it was good.

Was it good simply because of the IMAX 3D (seems that's a major selling point for the movie) or was it actually a good movie in general? I imagine IMAX 3D makes the experience at least twice as good, but I'd like to know if it sucks otherwise.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Deci said:
Ah, nice, I actually want to see this. It's weird, I haven't been excited about seeing a "children's movie" in what seems like ages. This movie has some kind of hold on me, I'm glad it was good.

Was it good simply because of the IMAX 3D (seems that's a major selling point for the movie) or was it actually a good movie in general? I imagine IMAX 3D makes the experience at least twice as good, but I'd like to know if it sucks otherwise.

It could have been in 2D and it would've been just as awesome. The 3D was cool, but the movie itself is what I enjoyed.

X

Xem

Rhombaad said:
It could have been in 2D and it would've been just as awesome. The 3D was cool, but the movie itself is what I enjoyed.

Just saw this in 3D IMAX. Wow. Awesome.

Probably one of the coolest movies I've ever seen. Animated or not. :guts: And yeah, the 3D IMAX wasn't what made it good by any means, but I think I might've verbally shown my satisfaction a couple of times without realizing it. Really, really well done.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Breed1Ghost said:
I know I was trying to be funny and failed =(

I'm sorry, I thought it might be the case but wasn't sure. Well, if that's any consolation to you it's probably cooler than the Predators movie will turn out to be.

Well, I wasn't was totally, absolutely positively sure were to put this!!! If you take it for what it is then it belongs here.

The Expendables
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=64708

Tes...tos...ter...one.

Proj2501 said:
Well, I wasn't sure were to put this. If you take it for what it is then it belongs here.

How can you even think about dreading this film? :azan:

avgeo1.jpg

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Manjou said:
http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world/trailer

anyone else looking forward to this? :guts:

YES. FUCKING YES TO HELL. :ubik:

Finally a movie where Micheal Cera doesn't act like Micheal Cera. Edit: And he gets beat up!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I'm actually looking forward to Kick-Ass. The guys I listen to on the radio in the morning are saying that the trailers do not do it justice whatsoever. One guy says it's like seeing a Tarantino movie for the first time. Has anyone here read the graphic novel? If so, what did you think?

Top Bottom