Movies to ???

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I saw the trailer the other day. Looks good, but hard to tell of course. I think the kid looks quite soft, but perhaps that's intentional. Some of the dialogue the trailer cut in felt unnaturally direct: "HE'S A LEADER." "YOU'RE MY COUSIN." "YOU'RE ANTONIO SOPRANO." Could just be how they cut it.

I'm probably most excited to see what they do with a young Paulie :guts:

Yeah I saw the trailer the other day. Looks good, but hard to tell of course. I think the kid looks quite soft, but perhaps that's intentional. Some of the dialogue the trailer cut in felt unnaturally direct: "HE'S A LEADER." "YOU'RE MY COUSIN." "YOU'RE ANTONIO SOPRANO." Could just be how they cut it.

An extreme lack of gabagool in this trailer.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah I saw the trailer the other day. Looks good, but hard to tell of course. I think the kid looks quite soft, but perhaps that's intentional.

Yeah, sometimes he looks weirdly, unnaturally made up, and others he looks like a perfect young Tony (when he doesn't really need to do or say anything =), but it's hard to buy him as the sociopathic murderer we all know and love yet. His couple lines were certainly unconvincing (I mean, however good this guy is there was someone better, right? This is stunt casting, but hopefully not just a "no show" job for the real Tony's kid). My biggest question is are we going to see him make his bones? A great twist would be if he goes from not wanting to steal stereos to full psycho Gandolfini by the end.

The best part of the trailer to me was the music over seeing the old shop again. That took me back. Also love the Carmela vibes on T's mom, and Melfi-esque school psychologist. Nice.

Some of the dialogue the trailer cut in felt unnaturally direct: "HE'S A LEADER." "YOU'RE MY COUSIN." "YOU'RE ANTONIO SOPRANO." Could just be how they cut it.

His test results are in: he's a charismatic antihero that can anchor the greatest of prestige shows!

The guy is doing a lot of eye acting. Good choice.

An extreme lack of gabagool in this trailer.

God bless you...

Can they just de-age Will Sasso for young Tony? It could really be him in some of these shots lol

Not a Movie, definitely a ???

A TV series adaptation? I have the first volume and didn't like it much, I didn't bother with the rest of the series. not sure if it even ended or was unfinished. My question is why adapt this? I doubt many people have even heard of it outside Japan, but I guess there is demand for it in Japan?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
A TV series adaptation? I have the first volume and didn't like it much, I didn't bother with the rest of the series. not sure if it even ended or was unfinished. My question is why adapt this? I doubt many people have even heard of it outside Japan, but I guess there is demand for it in Japan?

It was a staple of fantasy manga in the 90s. Might be hard for you to believe today but it was once better known than Berserk.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
I never read the manga, but the Bastard!! OVAs from the 90s were pure gold. Like Aaz said, it was something that you'd actually hear folks talk about a lot. Nowadays not so much? I hope this anime is good, all the same!

Whoa, that looks better than I thought it would. And, a whole lot better looking than Netflix's mega clunky new Masters of the Universe (comparing two animated shows - unfair? NOPE!). On the subject, Arcane was very enjoyable with the amazing fight choreography and animation - worth checking out.

Jurassic World Dominion - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFYAfFs3Emw

I didn't know this reboot was a trilogy, but maybe that's good considering how bad the last one was? This one though looks deceptively watchable, and maybe it's the nostalgia doing the talking or the fact that it looks utterly ridiculous with Pratt on a motorcycle in EU being chased by raptors (is he trying to say he's better than Ethan Hunt at evading enemies on a motorcycle on the same streets!?).

Top Bottom