Agreed!I recently rewatched Kill Bill, The Good The Bad And The Ugly, along with Django Unchained. Quentin Tarantino is FAR from my favorite director, but I can appreciate the bit of western spice he adds into his films, especially when it comes to the spicy dialogue. It’s so entertaining and jaw dropping when he just catches your attention in the middle of nothing.
I myself just finished re-watching all of Tarantino’s movies (except for Death Proof, which I just watched for the first time). Really nice ride!
At the moment, this is my ranking of his movies:
- Pulp Fiction. It doesn't matter how many times I watch this movie, I can't get enough. Simply the best in my book.
- Inglorious Basterds. A fantastic movie, and what an opening scene!
- The Hateful Eight. A movie that is almost three hours long, that takes place mostly in a single room and that still manages to keep me as invested a this one deserves no less.
- Kill Bill: Volume 1. A very fun revenge movie.
- Jackie Brown. This is a really good movie, but I simply enjoyed the ones above more.
- Kill Bill: Volume 2. To me, not as strong as the first one.
- Reservoir Dogs. I'm not sure this movie has aged all that well, to be honest.
- Django Unchained. I don't know why, but this movie just doesn't click with me. There are parts that, by comparison to other movies in this list, are flat out boring. Also, this is the movie that feels the longest in this list.
- Death Proof. A great final chase scene that takes too long to get there.