Musashi & Kojiro on PS3.. wait, what?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Colour me surprised too.

yakuza3aa3.jpg

That isn't the best/worst of it though, looks like they'll be a part of the PS3 exclusive "Yakuza 3". Don't believe me? Then look at this cool trailer with possibly the worst music you'll ever hear. I've never played the Yakuza games, but I've only heard bad things about them. However this one has some promise, so long as the soundtrack isn't entirely comprised of Rapanese-esque music. From what I can tell from my very, very limited Japanese, you play as a chap out to kill Musashi, and various other members tag along. Seriously, I have no fucking clue what is going on, but it looks nice at least, even though the gameplay reminds me of Genji and other terrible slashers with terrible AI and terrible camera angles.

Minor edit: I see a beach, but I don't see a bokken. Instant loss of interest.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, Aaz has mentioned it several times. The game is setup to be a kind of Vagabond video game, with Musashi and Kojiro and others from the Musashi novel making appearances.

Here's a 10 minute trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31987.html

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
If anyone's interested, the game came out in Japan two weeks ago and sold about 181,000 copies on its first week. Oh and unlike what Uriel heard, the Yakuza games aren't that bad. They're a must-have for Shenmue fans.

Top Bottom