My Commission 1/2 Scale Guts ------- Check it out!!!

ryuhayabusa6787

It's time somebody put you in your place, human!
really nice face looks identical to guts. Are you going to weather the armor to make it less flat looking?

Guts

Black Swordsman
ryuhayabusa6787 said:
really nice face looks identical to guts. Are you going to weather the armor to make it less flat looking?

I don't know yet, kind of like the way it is now ------ It's got that brand NEW look.
Will wait to see another update from the painter to decide on that.

Technically a nice sculpt, but I am not a fan of this look. I'm sure it will be quite the conversation piece once in place, though.

Guts

Black Swordsman
Joa said:
Technically a nice sculpt, but I am not a fan of this look. I'm sure it will be quite the conversation piece once in place, though.

Hi Joa, first of all I like all of your conversion kit, they look way better than the original.

Any idea what post would make it even better, as I might commission another Guts ---- perhaps hawk verision or the berserker armor style.

The reason I choose this pose is due to the scale of the statue and the length of the sword. (Guts is over 3 feet tall, not to mention the sword is pretty much the same length.)

Thanks

guts said:
Hi Joa, first of all I like all of your conversion kit, they look way better than the original.
Thank you.

Any idea what post would make it even better, as I might commission another Guts ---- perhaps hawk version or the berserker armor style.

Well, in all honesty .. and this is straight from the heart and my opinion, not to be taken as general judgment;
He looks like an over sized, disproportioned action figure with too soft details on armor, weapons etc.
At that scale you have the chance to accomplish something Greater, digging into a level of detail unattainable at, say 1/10 (AOW) scale, or even 1/6th scale.
Just look at the recent bigger scaled Guts 20th anniversary statues.

Now, I respect that you choose to have this made in this way, but it doesn't reflect what I'd try to accomplish with a commission piece at this scale (or any).

my ¢2

Guts

Black Swordsman
Hi Joa, I appreciate your honesty, perhaps the next commission would be more better. :ganishka:

Actually, for this statue i was trying to based off the (Dotou No Tonosama) here is the link http://park1.wakwak.com/~do10/6_figure/01_guts/01_guts00.html

Thanks

Dr.Legato

Art of War Supporter
Well based on that it looks pretty good, guess thats where it went "wrong" lol
THIS on a 1/2 scale would be much better I think =p

kyousenshi08.JPG

http://www.gkjapan.com/picture.php?pictureid=763&albumid=28&dl=1250112033&thumb=1

You have the skills, thats for sure.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's nice for the look it's going for. Something else, more detailed and realistic-looking could have been done given the size, but I think it works if the "comic" style is what you were going for. That being said, the DS' handle is messed up, and the face could have used more likeliness. Also, that Dark Horse font for the title... Not what I would have used. Either way, congrats on this piece!

If you want to have a figure made to go with the Guts you already ordered, continue with the same style. The Dotou No Tonosama Casca is pretty cute (though the likeness is so-so imo).
The one Dotou No Tonosama kit that Is nice is imo Judeau, which I own...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Joa said:
If you want to have a figure made to go with the Guts you already ordered, continue with the same style. The Dotou No Tonosama Casca is pretty cute (though the likeness is so-so imo).

Agreed on all points.

Sorry, late to the ball game! guts, congrats on such a humongous piece!!! Definitely admire your dedication. Consider yourself HARDCORE. :guts:

Excited to see the next one!!! I vote for Casca, btw!

Top Bottom