My views on Griffith and self-introduction

Hello, everyone! This article may be a little long.

I was just starting to like Berserk. The time to watch Berserk is very short, because I like reading books since childhood, so the reading speed is relatively fast. Now I have read volume 40, I do not plan to read the sequel, in my mind this work is over.

And everyone has an ending to the story in mind.

English is not my native language, so sometimes I may speak a little rude and awkward, apologize in advance.

1 My opinion of Griffith

2. My self-introduction

Part I:

Griffith is my favorite character in Berserk. I like his persistence and toughness, and I also see his vulnerability. Griffith in the story of the time is very forward thinking, ordinary people are struggling to survive, but he found his own dream.

And Griffith is really getting closer to his dream. It is not so much a trick of the hand of God as that he is destined to suffer once before he can be reborn. He only sped up the sacrifice by hurting the princess, and he had to face it sooner or later.

Griffith is a brave knight on the battlefield, but in dealing with feelings like a immature child. As he said, he will not change, he will always have two obvious faces, one is ruthless and unscrupulous careerist, the other is frank and persistent young.

I don't think Griffith is a traditional villain, and I don't think the morals and values of the Berserk world can be measured by modern standards. I'm not saying that I think Griffith is a "good guy," but he does what he thinks is right, and everyone in this story is doing what they think is right, but hurting each other.

I also like Princess Charlotte very much. She is like a rose in a greenhouse in that chaotic world, but she is brave enough to rescue her beloved. It is difficult to meet the person you love in your life, and it is also difficult to love only one person. Princess Charlotte was lucky. She met Griffith at an early age.

Part Two: Introduce yourself

To be honest, I was embarrassed to introduce myself, but I decided to do it. Ha ha ha, take a deep breath and relax.

My name is semi, but the meaning of this name is not in European words, but comes from the name of a girl in the famous Japanese novel "The Tale of Genji" - "empty cicada", which means cicada.

My current profile picture and background picture is my own drawing, I like drawing very much, also like reading. I especially like mystery novels, such as The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Long Goodbye and Hannibal.

I'm Gen Z, but everything I like seems older than me. I like traditional musicals like Elizabeth and rock music like Linkin Park.

I think Berserk will continue to be enjoyed by people of different ages, genders and cultures in different countries.

I am relatively slow heat, reflection arc is also relatively long, thank you for your tolerance. Nice to meet you all!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Semi, glad to have you here!

Since you mixed your introduction with some opinions about Griffith, I'm taking the liberty to reply to some of what you said.

Now I have read volume 40, I do not plan to read the sequel, in my mind this work is over.

I recommend you to read volume 41 as well. You wouldn't know it by the cover, but it's the last one Miura created. It's a really great volume.

And Griffith is really getting closer to his dream. It is not so much a trick of the hand of God as that he is destined to suffer once before he can be reborn. He only sped up the sacrifice by hurting the princess, and he had to face it sooner or later.

No doubt the language barrier makes things difficult to convey, but I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. It was inevitable that he would meet his downfall because that's how his life had been set up... And that was so he would become Femto. In that sense, I would absolutely say it was the doing of the God Hand, or more likely of their master, the God of the Abyss.

As for Griffith "getting closer to his dream", I think it's important to recognize that his goals changed after he became Femto. The current situation he's in is quite different from what he dreamed of as a young man. For one thing, the entire world was radically altered and he is now worshipped as a religious icon. We're long past "getting my own kingdom".

Griffith is a brave knight on the battlefield, but in dealing with feelings like a immature child. As he said, he will not change, he will always have two obvious faces, one is ruthless and unscrupulous careerist, the other is frank and persistent young.

This is a very simplistic way to describe his character. In most ways, you could say Griffith handled his feelings in an extremely cool-headed fashion. But no one is perfect, and no one is unshakable. Getting crushed like he was against Guts, in front of all his lieutenants, was a huge blow to his ego. And yet, his move with Charlotte afterwards wasn't incredibly reckless or anything. It was risky, sure, but not necessarily riskier than his previous gambits.

The truth of the matter is that he was unlucky. And the reason he had been (sometimes extremely) lucky before and wasn't lucky this time is due to the machinations of supernatural entities. He was never meant to take over Midland's throne, but instead to become Femto, the fifth member of the God Hand. That's why he carried the crimson beherit.

Furthermore, it is a mistake to equate his character from volume 21 onwards with who he was as a man, during the Golden Age flashback. When Griffith became Femto, he lost a lot of the things that gave nuance to his personality and character. A lot of the things that made him human. Griffith as he appears after the incarnation is a mere façade. It doesn't have any substance.

I don't think the morals and values of the Berserk world can be measured by modern standards.

I don't see why not. While many characters within the world of Berserk have the wool pulled over their eyes, for the reader it's pretty clear who the good and bad guys are.

I'm not saying that I think Griffith is a "good guy," but he does what he thinks is right, and everyone in this story is doing what they think is right, but hurting each other.

As a man, Griffith was driven by a relentless ambition. He wasn't altruistically doing what he thought was right for the world. As Femto, he is a fundamentally evil being whose motivations beyond the desire to rule over mankind are unknown to us.

I also like Princess Charlotte very much. She is like a rose in a greenhouse in that chaotic world, but she is brave enough to rescue her beloved. It is difficult to meet the person you love in your life, and it is also difficult to love only one person. Princess Charlotte was lucky. She met Griffith at an early age.

Charlotte was being used in the coldest possible way back when Griffith was human. He seduced her deliberately so he could use her to get the throne, and he wasn't exactly into the moment when he took her first time. I find it hard to argue that she was lucky in any way. And of course, in the second part of the story, she's still being used but is now a mere pawn, completely oblivious to what's really going on.

Note that I like Charlotte as well, and I believe she would have played an interesting role in the later part of the series. But I don't think one can realistically argue for a romantic interpretation of her relationship with Griffith, even when he was still human.

your art style is awesome, love the way you drew it.

Yeah the recent chapters aren't receiving a lot of good thoughts so everyone is feeling upset.
Thank you for liking my work!

Hi Semi, glad to have you here!

Since you mixed your introduction with some opinions about Griffith, I'm taking the liberty to reply to some of what you said.
Due to my lack of language proficiency, I chose to simplify and describe my ideas, which may not be clear enough. I'm sorry. I used to subconsciously use psychological and sociological theories to analyze Griffith, but I didn't want to talk about him at length. Because no matter how you analyze it, he's standing there. Griffith was a simple man with a sense of purpose and a boyish side. Griffith was a complicated man, and until now no one knew what he was up to. There are a thousand Hamlets in a thousand hearts, and I'm so happy to talk to you about my favorite character.
I know Griffith and Charlotte didn't have a romantic relationship. Griffith did something wrong.
But then Griffith saved her and made some amends.Charlotte also knew that what Griffith wanted most was not love but the realization of his dreams.So I think they together is good.
Thank you for your advice. I'll read volume 41.

Aaz already mentioned this, but it needs to be emphasized that volume 41 is essential reading as well.
Thank you I'll keep reading comics.

Top Bottom