Natts go at manga colorings...

Natt_Himmel

"Just a guy who reads Berserk for fun."
So I'm no artist by any means, but I have gotten an interest in trying out coloring.

Things such as color choices and shading is all from gut feeling considering I have no art experience, so if there is any criticism I'd very much appreciate it. :ganishka:

lIQ9rN7.jpg

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Nice! The armor and the tusks pop nicely. The red looks good on my main monitor but on my phone it's kinda dark and you start to lose the inks. I like the color choice tho.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Not bad at all, Natt! :guts: I like your color choice as well. You managed to avoid the over-saturation pitfall that many beginners run into.

In terms of critique, I think that for your future work I'd recommend adding more variation to the colors to reflect the surroundings or light source (or lack thereof) - for instance, I would have added more cool colors like grays or blues to the skin and armor. But overall, you're off to a great start, looking forward to more!

Natt_Himmel

I appreciate the comments.

So I tried another coloring this time with a bit different style.

I tried to do as you said Grail with the whole surroundings reflecting although I'm not sure wether it turned out odd or bad. I'm also trying to learn how to efficiently use Photoshop.

Anyways again, criticism is much appreciated! :ganishka:

6AyNV9T.jpg

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
Natt_Himmel said:
I appreciate the comments.

So I tried another coloring this time with a bit different style.

I tried to do as you said Grail with the whole surroundings reflecting although I'm not sure wether it turned out odd or bad. I'm also trying to learn how to efficiently use Photoshop.

Anyways again, criticism is much appreciated! :ganishka:

Holy cow! Beautiful choice in color. The contrast between him and the background look amazing. The way you colored the background, to me, reveals his true dark nature as Femto and gives off an ominous atmospheric feel to it.

7/5 great job :guts:

Natt_Himmel

Right so I'm back with another coloring. This time it's of the Elf Queen Danann :ganishka:

ey57jdu.png

Had a hard time with the flowers, otherwise I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. :ganishka:

Again. Feedback is most appreciated. :serpico:

Natt_Himmel

Grail said:
How nice, good work Natt! And even better, it's holiday themed! :ubik:

Thanks, Didn't even realise the holiday theme myself. I guess the Christmas spirit has really gotten to me this year.

Natt_Himmel

Alright new stuffs incoming.

Tried some photoshop funtimes with Locks and although it didn't really turn out very great I very much liked the process (lens flare was a mistake).

The Skullknight/Guts/Griffith thingy madingy was also pretty interesting, in fact I kinda wanted to colour it after finding out that Walter had done one before :serpico:

xG5IC61.png

FRQ4lWY.png

Hope you enjoy.

Natt_Himmel

So I haven't been coloring for a while since I got rid of my original computer and now only have a laptop and I can't be bothered to color with a trackpad instead of a mouse, so probably won't do much in the future. However, I have a coloring I did a couple of years ago that I never posted. I don't have the original so a low-res image will have to do...

fTpdzdk.png

Top Bottom