New Berserk animation project confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's more like it. :casca: After cm2 left a bad taste in my mouth it's like a fresh breeze.
Danat said:
as I understand it, the scene with Casca is when Casca and Guts fell in the river from a cliff, and then Guts carried her to the cave in the tree.
Yep, looks like it, since there's not so many scenes involving her naked and covered with leaves. :guts:
 
Those are some sticky leaves.

While 15 second clips are fairly worthless, if it is leading up to a big announcement I'd rather this to some sort of stupid time counter.
 

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CowTip said:
While 15 second clips are fairly worthless, if it is leading up to a big announcement I'd rather this to some sort of stupid time counter.
Can't argue with that. Counters are the absolute worst.
 

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Walter said:
Rough translation of the kanji in the title (胎動) is "Fetal Movement" or "Quickening."
Indeed! Fetal movement it is... though "Berserk Fetal Movement" doesn't have quite the same ring in English, so I searched around for examples of 胎動 with more figurative meanings.

One way to say it could be "Berserk Stirs". You could throw a "Within" after that if you're feeling frisky. :carcus:
 

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Wonder if those leaves were put there for the express purpose of the commercial.... probably not. One seems to start slipping away.

Behelit looks fine. A little clumsy, perhaps, but fine. Tomo the Tomo continues to not be Susumu and we all remain oblivious to the actual point.
 
Uriel said:
Tomo the Tomo continues to not be Susumu and we all remain oblivious to the actual point.
Tomo the Tomo? what is this

Oh here's Tomo the Tomo's blog confirming it: http://ameblo.jp/tomothetomo/

The Google translation suggests she recorded just that specific piece for the commercials.
 
Oburi said:
Holy shit, well look who it is. :guts:

Naa, no idea yet.
This isn't the Ramen you are looking for.
Move along
Move along

:serpico:

Looking at the Studio 4°c wiki, Koji Morimoto is one of the key directors there but I think he has his own project feature film right now (don't quote me on this)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_4%C2%B0C

I just hope this project isn't directed by someone like Atsushi Wakabayashi, who did Guin Saga. (exceptionally disappointing) I swear, if I see armored human soldiers jumping like ninja's through a forest one more time, I'll punch someone in the face. Is walking and running just not cool anymore?
 

Death May Die

"That day you left, that's when I knew."
I would love to see this CG animation on blu ray. :beast:

I'm sorry, but every breadcrum they throw us, makes me more excited.
 
Death May Die said:
I would love to see this CG animation on blu ray. :beast:
Well, if it turns out to be a series or OVA, depending on when they release it in Japan, it'll be two years or more before it hits U.S. shores. In other words, you're gonna have to wait a while.

BTW, is it just me or does Casca look too old in CM3? One of my (many) gripes with the '97 series was that the characters looked way too old despite only being 18 for most of the Golden Age Arc. Maybe they're basing her appearance off of Miura's latest drawing style?
 

Death May Die

"That day you left, that's when I knew."
Rhombaad said:
Well, if it turns out to be a series or OVA, depending on when they release it in Japan, it'll be two years or more before it hits U.S. shores. In other words, you're gonna have to wait a while.

BTW, is it just me or does Casca look too old in CM3? One of my (many) gripes with the '97 series was that the characters looked way too old despite only being 18 for most of the Golden Age Arc. Maybe they're basing her appearance off of Miura's latest drawing style?
Too old? Na, I think her hair length is about right for that scene. It tends to get a tiny bit longer by the Guts come back after leaving the hawk if I remember correctly. She is a little "built" but I would associate that with the years of battle. :badbone: I woud like to see a clip of one of the battle scenes to see hiw they animated the armies.
 

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
Too old? Na, I think her hair length is about right for that scene. It tends to get a tiny bit longer by the Guts come back after leaving the hawk if I remember correctly.
What does her hair length have to do with looking too old or not?
 
http://twitter.com/berserk_project said:
フォロワーさんに海外の方が多いので、来週、どこかで英語でツイートしてみます。英語出来る人に、頼んでみます。
Machine translation: So many people's followers overseas next week and try to tweet in English somewhere. English people can try asking.
 

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
He's just saying he'll tweet in English next week for the foreigners (he'll have to ask another guy who speaks English). Looks like they have more foreigners following them than Japanese people. :iva:

Also, regarding the previous tweets:

- The guy's uploaded CM3 on YA's website.
- Commercial "D" that will be broadcast today will be a collection of the scenes in A to C with a different narration from Gackt. The guy encourages us to try to interpret the meaning of the lines.
 
Considering the obvious inference of the "Berserk: Starts / Rebirth / Stirs" text, if they're actually saying there is a hidden message to interpret (even though he's not talking about the text)... imho, when combined with everything else we know, the only question left is what format the new anime will be released in (TV series, OAVs or movie/s).
 

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sven Viking said:
the only question left is what format the new anime will be released in (TV series, OAVs or movie/s).
Well that's pretty much the only question there's been: what shape will that anime project take? The guy who had leaked pictures a year ago said that he hadn't seen the Griffith footage from the first CM back then, possibly confirming that it's newer material. It would mean that they're sticking with that style/studio, but it doesn't help us guess the scope of what they plan to do. On the other hand, we've seen scenes from 3 different arcs of the manga, so we can assume they're not planning to stick to a small section of the story.
 
Aazealh said:
Well that's pretty much the only question there's been: what shape will that anime project take?
Earlier, some people had been speculating that the "anime project" might refer only to these 15-second ads.
 

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sven Viking said:
Earlier, some people had been speculating that the "anime project" might refer only to these 15-second ads.
I would know, since I'm the one who first mentioned how confusing it was, but it's just a matter of YA's communication being poorly thought-out. Like I also said at the time, I highly doubt they'd spend so much money just to advertize the volume, nor would they put an ad on the volume to get people to watch commercials on TV if those commercials' only purpose was to get people to buy the volume.

That being said, we still don't have any official confirmation of what that project will be.
 
Yeah, it definitely seemed possible before considering the possibility of test footage from a failed 2008 series pitch or whatever, and because of the ambiguous way they communicated things (which was presumably intentional, since they're talking about interpreting clues now). I was just meaning that, with the new information, I don't think it's a plausible option any more.
 

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sven Viking said:
the ambiguous way they communicated things (which was presumably intentional, since they're talking about interpreting clues now).
A somewhat clumsy attempt to tease the fans, as far as I'm concerned. You can tell from the Twitter guy's messages ("What? Foreigners care?!") that they're pretty clueless in general. They don't even know who their audience is.

Anyway, to keep the discussion constructive, what form do people think or hope the project will take (and why)? What parts of the manga do you guys want to see animated the most?
 
For some reason, despite the censorship issue, my gut feeling is that it'll be a TV series. Maybe because long OAV series seem rare nowadays?... not sure exactly.

I heard a rumour a while back that the leaked shots were from a single Berserk film Studio 4'C was working on. Don't remember where, and it's likely that there was nothing to it. I certainly hope not, anyway, as trying to cram everything in would result in a total mess. A Kara no Kyoukai-style series of films could work, but it might be tough to give each a satisfying ending.


The Golden Age arc is definitely my favourite, and to be honest I'd enjoy seeing it again with fluid fight scenes and some of the sections missed from the original anime. Obviously it'd be great to see some never-before-animated arcs in motion, though... Hard to choose :/. From the clips, it seems as if there'll hopefully be no need to. Exactly where to end a series is more awkward.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom