New Berserk animation project confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
PublicEnemy said:
The voice actor for Guts in the English dub was very good. Actually, everyone in the English dub sounded and performed great.
I never liked the english dub, because they often overacted in key emotional scenes, as is typical with most dubs.

Also, I found a lot of their voicework irreverant. (click)
 
Media Blasters is my favorite out of all the anime companies based in the USA because of one fact. Bringing over both of my favorite series from Japan, Berserk and Rurouni Kenshin.

Well anyway, Susumu Hirasawa better do the music to the animated series if it happens.
 

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Sorry, my wife and I were just watching clips of the dub. We both agree.... pretty jeffing bad. Casca literally made my wife "Ugh."
 
Does anyone else think that (assuming there is an anime series in progress of being made) the reason after all these years they've finally decided to make a new animation series is its because the mangas getting closer to being complete?? If they're really planning on revamping it from the beginning then it may be because they think they have more then enough material to work with. Miuras probably even met up with the studio heads and given them an estimate of when the manga might be done, so that by the time they get around to the current arc the manga will probably either be done or atleast 90% finished. What do you guys think??
 
berserkfan said:
Does anyone else think that (assuming there is an anime series in progress of being made) the reason after all these years they've finally decided to make a new animation series is its because the mangas getting closer to being complete?? If they're really planning on revamping it from the beginning then it may be because they think they have more then enough material to work with. Miuras probably even met up with the studio heads and given them an estimate of when the manga might be done, so that by the time they get around to the current arc the manga will probably either be done or atleast 90% finished. What do you guys think??

Not impossible, but highly doubtful. Miura has said to this very community that he was approximately 60-70% complete in about April of last year (if memory serves me), which equates to about another 10 years of manga to be developed. Of course, that's dependent on how many changes Miura would like to make. Also, there is a lot of story left to be tied up.
 

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Meh at large.
berserkfan said:
Does anyone else think that (assuming there is an anime series in progress of being made) the reason after all these years they've finally decided to make a new animation series is its because the mangas getting closer to being complete??

Nope.
[quote author=Miura]I think we are at about 60-70%. However, I myself don’t know anything for sure when it comes to the future.[/quote]
 
If the anime series goes on for several years (since they do have alot of stuff to cover), then it wouldn't be a stretch to believe that he'd be done atleast an additional 20% of the manga by the time the anime gets around to fantasia arc.
 

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
The english dubs weren't fantastic, but they never made me gag either. That being said, it's been probably a year since I watched the anime all the way through. I preferred the original language, but there were a few voices that stuck out to me as interesting...Griffith had a nice tone to his voice, although his delivery was a little stiff at times. The narrator/Void just had a wicked voice.

and of course Sean Schemmel as Gaston. Haha, AKA Goku from Dragon Ball Z. Fun stuff.

Edit: Walter, your links broken now...sad face!
 
Here's Studio4℃'s blog: http://studio4c.jugem.jp/

There's nothing about Berserk, but we should probably keep an eye on it since it's been updated with their new projects lately.

Shit, I'm already crawling at the gutter looking for clues. I'm gonna ban myself from this thread. :sad:
 
Eluvei said:
Here's Studio4℃'s blog: http://studio4c.jugem.jp/

There's nothing about Berserk, but we should probably keep an eye on it since it's been updated with their new projects lately.

Shit, I'm already crawling at the gutter looking for clues. I'm gonna ban myself from this thread. :sad:

You're excused, it's a good place to keep an eye on. I'm currently waiting to see if anything comes out of Japan from people who now have volume 35 in their hand to tell us if there is anything of relevance inside regarding the anime info. It's closing in on midday there now, someone must have something :iva:
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Just checked http://www.younganimal.com to find this:



Clicking it links to the official corner, where there's no new information. Just more fuel for the anime fire... If anything though, it just confirms that THIS IS the anime, folks! :troll:
 
mmmm those 15 seconds of animated Berserk were great :guts: nom nom, can't wait for more info. Would be awesome if Susumu Hirasawa did the music again.
 
I think Walter meant that the anime in question are the commercials themselves.

Anyway, the source of the news posted on Anime News Network does not seem to mention any kind of anime series as well (can anyone that speaks Japanese confirm this?) http://natalie.mu/comic/news/38251

Every paragraph is about the commercials, focusing on Gackt. Uh oh!
 
Jesus. This is so crazy. I remember all the B.S. rumors and honestly never ever thinking we'd see a NEW anime.

Can some edit the panel after Qliphoth where Guts looks at his new band and thinks how he'd never thought it'd be like that again and make it apply to this new anime? :ubik:

Being a fan of Berserk has only gotten better and better, I hope everyone is realizing that.
 

Griffith

My posts are better.
That image is very promising, no way around it, anyone with a brain would assume it's referring to a new anime... unfortunately, Young Animal's brain is still the one in question. If they have one, it's beyond coincidence, so either there's definitely a new anime, or YA is being intentionally misleading. They're either very smart, or very dumb (or we are =). All I know is it'd be horrible if they were actually referring to only the commercials themselves as the "BERSERK Anime Project." :ganishka:
 
Proj2501 said:
Being a fan of Berserk has only gotten better and better, I hope everyone is realizing that.

There's no need for new animes or commercials for us to realize that. :guts:

Griffith said:
All I know is it'd be horrible if they were actually referring to only the commercials themselves as the "BERSERK Anime Project." :ganishka:

After all this, I wouldn't be surprised. :mozgus:
 
X

Xem

Guest
I, like many others, am so excited at the prospect it's hard to be objective about the matter. Miura has been taking noticeably longer breaks, this could easily be the reason imho. At the same time though, like has been speculated, this could just be footage that is simply not being wasted.

Either way, Miura sure likes to tease us. Just like in our interview when we asked about a new Berserk anime. "It's possible." Ugh.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Eluvei said:
Anyway, the source of the news posted on Anime News Network does not seem to mention any kind of anime series as well (can anyone that speaks Japanese confirm this?) http://natalie.mu/comic/news/38251

Every paragraph is about the commercials, focusing on Gackt. Uh oh!
That article is old. Aaz used information from it back on like Page 01. It just announces the commercial dates, and that Gackt is attached in some way.
 

turkitage

ターク
whew!! I just read all the pages of this thread and I'm exhausted.

Derek/Yesmylord: Yeah, I didn't even think about the statues would be valued even more! and I just bought the 1/6 scale Guts 2010 too!

Alright..we gotta just hold off guys... stop making my feelings go up and down! Heh, and October 5th is my birthday.. so this might be the best birthday ever!!! ...might.
 

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Reading "BERSERK ANIME PROJECT START!" Sure does give the impression of a full blown anime. If this isn't a series or an OVA it would be lame beyond lame. Super lame. Ultra lame.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom