New Berserk animation project confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Aazealh said:
Anyway, to keep the discussion constructive, what form do people think or hope the project will take (and why)? What parts of the manga do you guys want to see animated the most?
I want these to be OVAs, and I want to see the fights at the Flora's mansion. :zodd: :SK:

I still feel that it may end up being a series of shorts focusing on key stories within Berserk. With the CG adding to the budget it seems unlikely they would take it to an entire series, since that would be a financial gamble.

I personally want it to be a series that goes all the way up to volume 35. If they take the approach they did with Initial D 4th Stage (2 episodes every 2-3 months), a series which also featured a lot of CG, they could potentially gain more material as it's released via the manga to keep it going for years. But that's me being very optimistic.

Aazealh said:
Anyway, to keep the discussion constructive, what form do people think or hope the project will take (and why)? What parts of the manga do you guys want to see animated the most?

As much as I'd love to see a full fledged, well done anime, I have this feeling it will be OVAs. I'd prefer well done OVAs than a poor anime series. From the clips we've seen, it was the very shot of Griffith that gives some hope of seeing material post incarnation. I'm scared of sitting through a rehash of the original series. Obviously it's integral to Berserk, but we all know the score. Clips including Zodd, Casca, and Guts leaving Griffith frighten me that it'll be a re-do of the original series. Please, please god be flashbacks.

I think if this mystery project is more than commercials we'll see Femto's incarnation. That means :mozgus: :puck: :SK: :zodd:
That would be more than enough for me to be satisfied. If a series or OVAs is about to be announced it makes perfect sense to cover this part of Berserk.

For the masses who don't read the manga, it's this part that shows, more or less, how 'Griffith' 'returns'. I'd love to see ALL the manga done but it's simply not going to happen. I don't want to see the Lost Children chapter animated.

So I say if it's an anime: Guts looking for Casca eventually ending with Femto's incarnation. These chaps: :troll:, and the series ending with :beast: just before Vritannis.

Not much more than the PS2 game offered in terms of choosing what part of the story to focus on.

:ganishka: ? Doubt it.

However, be it OVAs or an anime. That means Berserk on Blu-ray. Hell yes.
AND if this does well enough...there could be a possibility for a future PS3 game. :ubik: Now I'm just getting ahead of myself.

Truder

The Beast of Darkness said:
That would be pretty cool and I'm even sure that they would also release a PSP version! :troll:
That was the first thread I read on Skullknight.net from page 1 onwards.. I went from :guts: to--> :judo:

Well played Aaz. :sad:

OAV fashioned after Legend of Galactic Heroes would be awesome (110 episodes released in 4 batches/seasons). Better quality, no need for censorship and it can still be shown on TV afterwards. Everyone wins.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
PublicEnemy said:
Yeah your right lol. The last commercial I am hoping has new footage.

Since it's web-only I think it could be longer. Logically, and given that there's footage we know exists but that hasn't been shown, we can expect something a little meatier.

Graywords said:
Finally, a complete sentence!

Yeah but it still doesn't tell us anything concrete. :ganishka:

Aazealh said:

I hope an ova series like Hellsing Ultimate. Personally, I want a complete restart from the beginning, but I don't want the Golden age to take 20 episodes. I hope they keep it compact, no filler, just manga material. My biggest concern atm is still the director and the style of animation.
I don't like how Zodd looks in the commercial, his fur is smooth and dull. Like an unfinished 3d model. The leaves covering Casca also looked strange. I'm hoping for an ova series because it could mean better quality. And I'm all for quality. A weekly tv series would, imo, not do the manga any justice at all.

I want to see the Conviction arc and Millennium Falcon arc the most. The golden age is good and all but post-eclipse Berserk is better IMO.

Edit: The scene I want to see most is when Guts wakes up after the Eclipse, and his run away from the cave. It's going to be incredible to watch.

turkitage

ターク
Aazealh said:

Right off the bat I would like to see Volumes 26/27 where Guts is exhausted from all his fights then gets into the armor and fights Grunbeld - it's my favorite part in the whole manga.

The day Berserk is on blu-ray... I... I don't even know what to say.. it would be completely amazing. I would like, of course, the anime series to follow the manga all the way to the very end, but that's not likely to happen. I would like it to start from the start to the eclipse - maybe season 1. Then continue to volume 27 - season 2 - and I'll be pretty content. Then maybe up to the Ganishka fight on Season 3.. if it even makes it that far. Of course they'll more then likely have more then two seasons by volume 27 if they did it legit... but we'll see.

One thing about the original anime when I first saw it SEVERAL years ago was I was kinda thinking it'd be a normal anime with some guy fighting some army. Then the last few episodes turned that whole anime upside down and completely blew me away. It went from mostly normal humans (with a little taste of Zodd) to all these crazy monsters killing people and then it all of a sudden stopped! In a sense, that is like the perfect season ender so I think if they got that in one season that would be good for people new to Berserk to have those same feelings and then want to read the manga while a season 2 is in the works.

Aazealh said:
New CM: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm12304745

The kanji shown means "Berserk starts to move".

So no movie yet, right? I did google translations and anything real relevant in this link.

I

am

fucking

ECSTATIC!

Where are those pics from last year!

I need to look at them so I can continue having sweet dreams about this beautiful project that is soon to be released. ^ ^

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
I think in a perfect world I'd really like to see everything remade from the beginning. I've always wanted to see the first couple of mangas, with the Count, as an anime, and everything beyond that redone true to the manga. However, I think it really comes down to two options: A full length anime tv series that's graphically toned down from the manga, or a shorter ova series graphically true to the manga but a bit compact. I think option A has more of a chance of actually getting through all the source material and making a complete anime series (if the manga ever ends.) The ova option I think has more of a chance of being a one time, standalone thing, picking one arc and covering just that, with a few flashbacks to fill people in. Obviously I would ideally like a long ova that covers everything but I don't know how likely that is. At this point however, I have to hope either way, so I may as well hope for the best.

Thanks Aaz for that upload :ubik:

turkitage

ターク
m said:
So far I have not been able to see any of the videos at nicovideo, so getting the youtube version this fast was just great. Thank you! :guts:

Agreed. I can't figure it out on that nicovideo site either. Thanks for the quick youtube! -stupid Americans only know how to youtube >_<

DarkDragoon said:
However, I think it really comes down to two options: A full length anime tv series that's graphically toned down from the manga, or a shorter ova series graphically true to the manga but a bit compact.

I'm not sure I understand your intended meaning of graphically in this context. But more so than a scene by scene comparison of a possible animated series, vs animated OVA's, I also worry about scenes from the manga that might be cut completely from the story if an animated series were made.

[quote author=Turkitage]
-stupid Americans only know how to youtube >_<
[/quote]

I'm a smart American and I can't use nicovideo.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
m | DarkDragoon | Turkitage | Jaze1618] [i]Thanks for the Youtube upload[/i] [/quote] No problem guys said:
I'm not sure I understand your intended meaning of graphically in this context.

He means gory.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The 1997 TV series had its fair share of nudity. Regardless, this sort of stuff really isn't what matters most...

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Yeah I was being somewhat facetious. Though there were a few scenes in the manga that could never make a tv series due to the sheer amount of boobs.

Truder

DarkDragoon said:
Yeah I was being somewhat facetious. Though there were a few scenes in the manga that could never make a tv series due to the sheer amount of boobs.
Which reminds me, I would love to see Wyald in full animation. :isidro:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom